Don't understand Maia....

He just fought Masvidal broo.. its not like they only prepare a week for a fight.. They train for months then go through a week long weight cut then to top it off they get punched in the face right after.

It's pathetic to go after a fighter on a short camp and with him banged up... that's not championship behavior.

Its unethical but still kind of smart if the real goal is to find an excuse to fight GSP.

Somebody has to save UFC 215 now that we all know DJ isn't doing it. How about Dillashaw vs Cruz II for the interim belt since this is all Garbrandt's fault.

Guys,

Dont believe all you hear. Woodley likely wants a piece of the Jon Jones PPV, and is playing his cards to try to get it. Thats all there is to it. But, so far at least, we never got asked by the UFC about that date. We were asked about a different date, in 2017 lol, which we said we could do and I presume Woodley is not keen on as it wouldn't likely mean the same money to him, due to ppv sales. So we are waiting to see whats best for everybody, including the UFC which is an important part of the process.

Guys,

Dont believe all you hear. Woodley likely wants a piece of the Jon Jones PPV, and is playing his cards to try to get it. Thats all there is to it. But, so far at least, we never got asked by the UFC about that date. We were asked about a different date, in 2017 lol, which we said we could do and I presume Woodley is not keen on as it wouldn't likely mean the same money to him, due to ppv sales. So we are waiting to see whats best for everybody, including the UFC which is an important part of the process.
Thanks for clarifying the situation.
I think UFC want to book the fight for 215 cause MM vs TJ is off the table but Woodley doesn't like it.

"If I could choose, I'd like to fight in October.". Thats the exact quote, he's not refusing to fight before then. It will probably end up being on 215 or 216.

Thanks for clarifying the situation.
I think UFC want to book the fight for 215 cause MM vs TJ is off the table but Woodley doesn't like it.

I would agree. Makes sense for Woodley to try and do it a month earlier to get extra money.

Its unethical but still kind of smart if the real goal is to find an excuse to fight GSP.

I don't give a rats ass about freaking Woodley's plan to get payed to me the dude hasn't won a fight in his last 2.. one was a draw the other a loss.

He ain't championship material.. good for him cause he banged up Lawler the split decision dude had it coming but now it's time for Woodley to step aside he ain't the best WW in the world it's clear as day.

I don't give a rats ass about freaking Woodley's plan

I never said you had to like it.

As far as who is the best 170lber. I don't see how you can say its clear as day not Woodley. Its a weight class full of parity, there are a handful of guys who could be the champ Woodley is just the one lucky enough yo be holding it.

God I miss the real champs.

Yea Maia had a fight vs a real top guy, Woodley should know damn well whats the real score since he comes from that same camp (at least on paper).

Maia ain't freaking asking for another year all he wants is a month or two to heal up, from the fight, from the weight cut, from the training camp etc.. it's normal.. one of the biggest opportunities of your sporting lifetime and the "champ" wants you with 5 weeks training camp while nursing injuries and doing another weight cut at age 40.

Geez luiz hold your horses, such cowardly and greedy behavior how the heck no one sees this for what it is more clearly is beyond me.

I never said you had to like it.

As far as who is the best 170lber. I don't see how you can say its clear as day not Woodley. Its a weight class full of parity, there are a handful of guys who could be the champ Woodley is just the one lucky enough yo be holding it.

The best 170 lbs is probably GSP yea the retired dude wanting to get an easy belt from the Duck.

Then take your pick from Wboy, Maia or even Masvidal or who knows crazy ass Nick Diaz can have a say too.

Yea Maia had a fight vs a real top guy, Woodley should know damn well whats the real score since he comes from that same camp (at least on paper).

Maia ain't freaking asking for another year all he wants is a month or two to heal up, from the fight, from the weight cut, from the training camp etc.. it's normal.. one of the biggest opportunities of your sporting lifetime and the "champ" wants you with 5 weeks training camp while nursing injuries and doing another weight cut at age 40.

Geez luiz hold your horses, such cowardly and greedy behavior how the heck no one sees this for what it is more clearly is beyond me.
It's down to a business now. Everything that helps you keep your belt is welcomed. Even such cowardly tactics and opportunistic fight picking.

I want real champs that will say I want the best at their best.

It's down to a business now. Everything that helps you keep your belt is welcomed. Even such cowardly tactics and opportunistic fight picking.

I want real champs that will say I want the best at their best.

He can do what ever he likes... but I don't want any dumb questions asking me "why I don't like Woodley".

He can do what ever he likes... but I don't want any dumb questions asking me "why I don't like Woodley".
Of course. I am also not gonna hate on the guy. But I will mostly root for other guys. Unfortunately at WW I don't have any guys to really get behind anymore with Rory gone who I 100% believe would have been this type of champ.

Thanks. Woodley should just fight some other guy in July, then Maia can fight the winner in October. I'd be fine with that. Give woodley that CM punk money fight he's been wanting.

LOL if you think 2 WW title fights will happen between now and the end of 2017.
No way.

LOL if you think 2 WW title fights will happen between now and the end of 2017.
No way.
It's possible, people may complain about Woodley wanting "Money Fights" but one fact remains is that he wanted to fight very often. When he beat Lawler for the belt at the end of July, he wanted to fight in August against Nick Diaz, but ended up not fighting until November.

lol at Maia.

He is the challenger and he has 0 rights to demand when the fight should happen (not even the champion can do that, but being the challenger makes this even funnier).

I already lost all of my respect (and love) for Maia after that awful 5th round against Ryan LaFlare, but it keeps getting better and better apparently...

rofl at 'banged up'. Did you watch that fight? wtf, man.

Poor Masvidal. He will still become champion. Soon. <3

Hater please!
You never had any respect, and if you lost it because of a false news, it just shows you are fucking dumb!
Because if you like someone, you will (at least) make sure the news is true before throwing your love & respect away...

SMH at how dumb you are.

that make more sense. Per Woodley, Maia wants to wait for 2018, and he didn't speak anything to that yet.
Woodley is full of shit and always wants to push his own agenda while constantly playing the victim. I acknowledge his in cage abilities but god damn he rubs me the wrong way .

I miss Lawler as champ so bad. Also I'm aware I will be called racist for this post even though I have in know way demeaned or mention race lol

Back