Don't understand Maia....

Rayess

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Is it official that he wants to wait for 2018 to fight?

Why the fuck Woodley is gonna wait for him? The guy has a family to feed.
Big Maia fan but it pisses me off that he's taking risks to loose the title fight.

What 2018 ? dude he just can't do it next month... to soon, to banged up.. screw Woodley's plan to leech of PPVs.

here's the real question: what are you doing making a thread that isn't about mcgregor / mayweather? isn't that against forum rules right now?

That can't be true. It did sound like Maia wanted some time off, though, but I thought he was thinking of an August or September date.

That can't be true. It did sound like Maia wanted some time off, though, but I thought he was thinking of an August or September date.
that make more sense. Per Woodley, Maia wants to wait for 2018, and he didn't speak anything to that yet.

What 2018 ? dude he just can't do it next month... to soon, to banged up.. screw Woodley's plan to leech of PPVs.

I dunno seems like a smart plan to me. He either gets him banged up and on a card where he stands to make ppv points or Maia says no and he can chase one of his "money fights" without being a full on ducker.

I don't understand why Bruce Buffer doesn't announce his name like "My ear" anymore more...

Sounded way cooler

Big Maia fan but it pisses me off that he's taking risks to loose the title fight.

I don´t know, but if he wants it, he problably has a very good reason. My bet would be time to heal properly from injuries and recover his immune system, as he has battled with bacteria infection everytime he has to cut weight.

I dunno seems like a smart plan to me. He either gets him banged up and on a card where he stands to make ppv points or Maia says no and he can chase one of his "money fights" without being a full on ducker.

It's pathetic to go after a fighter on a short camp and with him banged up... that's not championship behavior.

Woodley wants July 29th, which is kinda messed up considering Maia just fought last month. I think challengers should get more than 2.5 months.

Isn't that around when GSP is coming back? If so Maia will be waiting for 2018, if ever. If GSP wins I dunno if he'll be fighting Maia. Maia is cool but probably the worst draw of any none FLW contender.
Yeah this is a fair point,
I think Maia will probably be pressured into a July date.

UFC 214 already have 2 title fights.
No way UFC book Woodley vs Maia on that date although Woodley wants it.

where did you get 2018?
Per Maia, on his post-fight interview, he only said he wanted to take a couple of months of vacation then he had a seminar planned.
He said he would be ready to fight in August/September.

IMO Woodley is just looking for any excuse to get away from this fight.

lol at Maia.

He is the challenger and he has 0 rights to demand when the fight should happen (not even the champion can do that, but being the challenger makes this even funnier).

I already lost all of my respect (and love) for Maia after that awful 5th round against Ryan LaFlare, but it keeps getting better and better apparently...

It's pathetic to go after a fighter on a short camp and with him banged up... that's not championship behavior.

rofl at 'banged up'. Did you watch that fight? wtf, man.

Poor Masvidal. He will still become champion. Soon. <3

Back