Don't try and pretend like this isn't the BIGGEST fight of all time

LiberalThaiJitsu

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The single two most famous combat athletes in the world fighting. The guy with all the MMA PPV records vs the guy with all the boxing PPV records. Two legends. Gods among men. This is the single biggest fight in the history of the world when two men went at it with hand to hand combat.

When Ali fought it was bigger then the Superbowl. All his fights were way bigger

Also this fight hasn't gotten a fraction of the attention Floyd vs Manny got when it was announced. It doesn't help that pretty much every sports annalist except Skip Bayless and Brendan Schaub are calling this a squash match

Also this fight hasn't gotten a fraction of the attention Floyd vs Manny got when it was announced.

Bullshit. According to Google trends, MayMac is already trending double what MayPac did the month of the fight announcement. Nice try though.

Who wants to play spot the gullible sucker

When Ali fought it was bigger then the Superbowl. All his fights were way bigger

Also this fight hasn't gotten a fraction of the attention Floyd vs Manny got when it was announced. It doesn't help that pretty much every sports annalist except Skip Bayless and Brendan Schaub are calling this a squash match

That was a different time. As far as fighting goes boxing was all there was. Did they have PPV for the rumble in the jungle?

This fight is already the most talked about fight and they havent even been in the same room yet.

Edit I was wrong. I feel much shame

Last edited:
That was a different time. As far as fighting goes boxing was all there was. Did they have PPV for the rumble in the jungle?

This fight is already the most talked about fight and they havent even been in the same room yet.

Ali was one of the most famous people in the world and by far the most famous athlete on earth. Ali by himself was more popular then any MMA fighter and Boxer combined today. They estimate like 700 million people watched his third fight with Norton

This fight isn't even half as talked about as Floyd vs Manny when it was announced. Maybe it seems like it to you because you are an MMA fan and this is the most attention MMA has ever got, but its not close to Floyd vs Manny

Last edited:
Bullshit. According to Google trends, MayMac is already trending double what MayPac did the month of the fight announcement. Nice try though.

Is it? I don't know how Google trends works but Manny vs Floyd got way more coverage for sure. It doesn't help that most of the coverage this fight is getting is people saying Conor has no chance

This joke is a pimple on the ass of the biggest fights of all time.

Is it? I don't know how Google trends works but Manny vs Floyd got way more coverage for sure. It doesn't help that most of the coverage this fight is getting is people saying Conor has no chance
I think people are looking back at the MayPac fight and remembering the coverage from the day the fight was announced to the fight itself. MayMac was only announced a week ago. Not a fair comparison. It could also be rose coloured glasses. Either way, the comparisons being made are almost based on feeling and no data.

The only data I have seen shows MayMac to be making substantially bigger waves.

If it is then it is for all the wrong reasons.

This is purely for attention and therefore money.

Nobody in their right mind actually expects a real competition.

When Ali fought there were only three TV channels.

Literally everyone is talking about this fight lol, the numbers are huge already. Y'all must not leave the house much.

It isn't. It may be the most unique of all time (arguably for all the wrong reasons), but it isn't doing anywhere near 4.6 million buys, forget it. I don't even expect it to do as massively as people think, probably above 2 million buys but that's it.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=Floyd manny,Floyd conor

Simply click on the graph for the month of Feb 2015 (MayPac announcement month) and it will state 10 (the percent of the maximum month on the graph, which is the month of the MayPac fight). For this current month, MayMac will register an 18 for this month so far. Sooo, 18/10 equals 1.8 times more internet searches for the key words "Floyd Conor" than "Floyd manny".

Obviously, this isn't comprehensive but it sure beats people pulling shit out of their ass and calling it gold, which is what the people stating that the MayPac announcement was bigger have been doing.

I think next month will be a better judge of interest though. I don't know how up to date the results for this month are for example. Also, it could also be an indication of people being like "who the fuck is Conor". However, why they would put Floyd in that search is beyond me.

EDIT: I made the original post on my Iphone which shows a less detailed graph compared to PC (sigh), so the numbers in my original post on the subject are different. The Iphone shows the entire month as the smallest discrimination while the PC breaks it down by week. Regardless, the numbers for MayMac are still much larger. In fact, the week of the MayMac registered a 12 while the MayPac registered a 5, so that is 2.4 times more searches for MayMac than MayPac for the week of the announcement. MayMac was also superior for the week after the announcement.

Last edited:
I just don't get why anyone would pay for this.

If you're a Conor fan then yeah I suppose so as you're probably deluded enough to think he has a chance but if you're an mma or boxing fan why would you bother? A lot of people watching Mayweathers fights watched hoping he'd lose but that's so unlikely this time so I doubt they'll bother either.

I just don't get why anyone would pay for this.

If you're a Conor fan then yeah I suppose so as you're probably deluded enough to think he has a chance but if you're an mma or boxing fan why would you bother? A lot of people watching Mayweathers fights watched hoping he'd lose but that's so unlikely this time so I doubt they'll bother either.

For every Conor fan there appears to be a Conor hater. So watch him either become a living legend in combat sports (if you don't think he is already) or get beat down. People will pay either way.

Also, if they admit or not, a lot of people on the boxing side are insecure about MMA growing bigger than boxing. They will watch this too hoping for a bit of redemption for their sport or to see it possibly take a fatal wound from which it may not recover.

There is also the hype that these two will generate. And the Floyd fans. And those who will watch anything that is a spectacle.

All told, this fight has a big market.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=Floyd manny,Floyd conor

Simply click on the graph for the month of Feb 2015 (MayPac announcement month) and it will state 10 (the percent of the maximum month on the graph, which is the month of the MayPac fight). For this current month, MayMac will register an 18 for this month so far. Sooo, 18/10 equals 1.8 times more internet searches for the key words "Floyd Conor" than "Floyd manny".

Obviously, this isn't comprehensive but it sure beats people pulling shit out of their ass and calling it gold, which is what the people stating that the MayPac announcement was bigger have been doing.

I think next month will be a better judge of interest though. I don't know how up to date the results for this month are for example. Also, it could also be an indication of people being like "who the fuck is Conor". However, why they would put Floyd in that search is beyond me.

wut

That graph clearly shows more people googling Floyd and Manny than Floyd and Conor.

Back