Don't sleep on Eddie's striking

If anyone on this site underestimates Eddie they really do not belong here and need to spend a couple years educating themselves

Pretty much is, you do realise he's knocked everyone (bar Nate Diaz) out in the UFC that has stood with him, right?
He's a great striker for sure, he's not perfect is all I'm saying. His defense isn't flawless so it's not like Conor won't get hit as well.

Hand picked run until Mendez and Aldo. Nate had a style he should have been able to beat first time. He couldn't finish Nate who was injured before the fight. Eddie could be the worst night of his fighting career.

Hardcore fans know Eddies got a good all-around game.

hardcore fans have seen eddie get rocked a bunch of times

he will get SMOKED by conor if he throws wide looping hooks like he did against RDA. look at the gif, did you see the amount of time that he has no defense anywhere near his face and isnt moving his head at all? conor straight left murder

Eddie has been top 5 most of his career. Successful at WW, won belts in all orgs he fought in. Guys that followed Eddie before 2014 knows he has great skills both standing and on the ground.

Conor hasn't showed the same KO power at LW, and Eddie is on a different level than Nate. I think he is too big for Conor, and I have no problem seeing Eddie win the standup.

Eddie has been top 5 most of his career. Successful at WW, won belts in all orgs he fought in. Guys that followed Eddie before 2014 knows he has great skills both standing and on the ground.

Conor hasn't showed the same KO power at LW, and Eddie is on a different level than Nate. I think he is too big for Conor, and I have no problem seeing Eddie win the standup.

eddie is on a different "getting picked apart by cowboy" level that nate cant reach right

I'm not impressed by his wild swings. No precision just hit and hope punches. Aldo tried that...look what happened.

Let me guess...you just started watching MMA last year? That might be the most retarded comment of the night. Congrats. Go watch Eddie's fights...better yet, delete your account and take the rest of your kind with you.

If anyone on this site underestimates Eddie they really do not belong here and need to spend a couple years educating themselves

It's too late. Every fucking thread is some moron who just started watching MMA when they saw Conor on SportsCenter. I'm dead serious when I say everyone with a Joined date of 2015 or 2016 needs to be deleted, and no new members until after Conor retires.

eddie is on a different "getting picked apart by cowboy" level that nate cant reach right
Yeah cowboy that has only lost to RDA and Pettis after both guys eddie beat - mma math

DO you know how stupid that sounds? Nate fought Cowboy about the same time Conor fought Joseph Duffy.

It's too late. Every fucking thread is some moron who just started watching MMA when they saw Conor on SportsCenter. I'm dead serious when I say everyone with a Joined date of 2015 or 2016 needs to be deleted, and no new members until after Conor retires.

lol at thinking that people who "underrate" eddie havent watched his fights. I watched every single one of his bellator fights as they happened

conor getting choked by nate isnt as bad as eddie getting choked by fucking michael chandler

Yeah cowboy that has only lost to RDA and Pettis after both guys eddie beat - mma math

DO you know how stupid that sounds? Nate fought Cowboy about the same time Conor fought Joseph Duffy.

ok then nate isnt on that "getting rocked multiple times by michael chandler" level then

eddie isnt on a "different level" than nate

You have no idea what you're talking about, Eddie has very technical tight boxing. And Aldo landed a hard shot on Conor that cut him, Conor at the same time found his Chin. Could have been a double KO
Actually, he's not an example you'd use for 'technical boxing'. He's got power, a good chin and is willing to wade into exchanges to tag someone. That's what makes his boxing so dangerous. McGregor has a much more technical boxing game, even if he is somewhat unorthodox with his stance. He slips exceptionally well, his counters are phenomenal and he is lightening quick and accurate to boot.

The thing that makes this interesting is that both are offensive strikers. McGregor gets hit way more than people seem to point out, he leaves himself open in the pocket and relies on putting opponents away early. Eddie gets hit too, but like McGregor, his chin holds up, so I suppose they've had no reason to switch things up too much.

The wrestling will be the difference IMO. If McGregor can't put Eddie away in the first couple of rounds, I don't see how he can win this. Eddie is a good game planner, and that's an advantage he'd be stupid to not capitalise on early.

ok then nate isnt on that "getting rocked multiple times by michael chandler" level then

I'm not sure what universe you're living in, but Michael Chandler is a fucking elite fighter in the one the rest of us are in.

Im a hardcore MMA fan. Love watching Conor but Im not delusional. I think Eddie has the best chance at whooping Conors ass. He has a very good chin and his wrasslin is going to overwhelm conor. Conor might lose this fight if he cant connect with a big ounch in Round 1/2.

Im a hardcore MMA fan. Love watching Conor but Im not delusional. I think Eddie has the best chance at whooping Conors ass. He has a very good chin and his wrasslin is going to overwhelm conor. Conor might lose this fight if he cant connect with a big ounch in Round 1/2.

eddie does not have a very good chin, he gets rocked like frankie edgar gets bloody noses or diaz brows bleed. he recovers well but conor is going to knock him silly

I'm not impressed by his wild swings. No precision just hit and hope punches. Aldo tried that...look what happened.
Eddie hit RDA with a counter and laid a beat down...Jose charged in and got hit with a counter. Not even remotely the same thing. Eddie won't swing in at Conor like Aldo.

And that is a better post than your previous? So Michael Chandler is nothing? If you had seen an MMA fight before Conor came to the UFC, you would know Chandler is a great fighter. He is probably the guy outside the UFC, that most pick to be UFC champ if he signs.

I sense a young guy that just started watching MMA, and only wants to argue, even if he knows very little of MMA outside the UFC. Fair enough, but I will not waste more time on you.

Eddies from Philly and there is a boxing Gym on every street corner like a plastic surgery facility on the west coast. Anyone thats watched eddies fights knows he's a legit boxer but why risk it and play where Conor is strong? Eddies is a complete MMA artist and will feint, single him and drive him against cage then transition to double and pound him IMO.

Back