GHR x 6

WildChild
squated 105 x 5 x 5
worked on OHS form with light weight
worked on SOHP form with light weight
did a full rom BW dip + a bunch of assisted ones
5 bw pullups

at work

Couple of my friends wanted to do a pullup ladder on the rings to 5 then back down. I did muscle ups. We ended up doing two ladders within 20 minutes of eachother.
- muscle up ladder on rings to 5 x 2
- 50 muscle ups in all
- actual ladders took less than 5 minutes so 25 muscle ups in less than 5 min
- earlier reps were pretty strict but as I kept going I started using more and more of a kipping motion. By the last rep it was a big swinging motion.

- couple of 3/4 one arm chins

CoC grippers
#2 x 1 x 3 left hand, x 4 right hand
#1 x 12

3/19/10

half mile run + sugar free Rockstar energy drink

workout done on LI, left my belt upstate, threw me off a lot

deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
415 x 3 wanted 5
405 x 3 wanted 5
395 x 2 + failed rep, wanted 3
defecit, bar touching feet, DOH
315 x 5
325 x 5

25 pushups

bench
135 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 4 + failed rep
205 x 1
215 x 0
135 x 10 paused + 1 TnG

lots of grip stuff
Very frustrating workout. Never woke up or felt warmed up. Felt very weak. A step backwards.

Just bought a few 60d 6" nails. Will work with em tonight.

bw 162.5 wtf

-bent a 60d nail other night for the first time. First time bending a nail.
-First one took a few minutes so I could figure out hand positions and I was cutting the wraps out of my gi pants as I was bending. Cut em to thin at first.
-Second nail took about 45 seconds.
-Bent a third this morning and it took maybe 10 seconds.

spontaneously bought a 45lb kettlebell
got a deal because paint was all chipped up

went to a baseball field to play with my sisters new dog

-walked around the bases with kettlebell over my head in various postions. One handed on handle, one handed under bell etc.

-flipping it was pretty easy after I got the timing down

-snatches, clean n jerks etc.

-clean and presse, snatched it with bell over handle with right arm, couldnt stabalize it with my left

CoC #1
x 5 x 2

R x 2 x 5
R x 1 x 1
L x 2 x 1
L x 1 x 6

11 closes with right hand, 8 with left in total

Bent another nail after gripper closes.

Hands are beat to shit. Going to give em a 24 hour rest, maybe some rice digging or try contrast baths.

Monster Import = major jitters. Tastes great but way to much sugar for me.

Warmed up my shoulders with 10 lb DB shoulder prehab motions, 25 pushups. Took my time warming them up and it made a big difference.

bench press
135 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 3 x 2
155 x 5 paused
135 x 6 paused

push press
95 x 5 strict
135 x 5 x 3 + belt
135 x 4
135 x 3

5 front raises to over my head with the bar

- met a girl who comes into my climbing gym alot. Shes training for trad climbing and needs to lose about 20 lbs. She was running around using curling machines and whatnot. I told her if she learned to DL and squat and kept to her diet she could stop using all that equipment, spend less time in the gym, and lose weight a lot faster. She was actually interested and I spent about half an hour helping her with deadlift form.

- I couldve hit the 5x5 with push presses but I was alternating those with helping the girl and by the last 2 sets I had checked out and wasnt concentrating. I was also starving since I ran to the schools gym right after class and hadnt eaten for about 4 hours.

- I took an old school 70lb York DB, the ones blobs are made from. Going to saw the handle off later. Ive lifted with the guy that was working at the desk. Hes an amateur MMA fighter, powerlifter and interested in all types of strength training. The DBs there are all bent to shit. Hes already taken the 100s, 90s, and 80s to make blobs so he let me take the 70 if I promised to bring him the other half on friday. I am EXTREMLY happy about this.

- wrists are still achy from bending, I wish I wasnt such a vag.

- met a girl who comes into my climbing gym alot. Shes training for trad climbing and needs to lose about 20 lbs. She was running around using curling machines and whatnot. I told her if she learned to DL and squat and kept to her diet she could stop using all that equipment, spend less time in the gym, and lose weight a lot faster. She was actually interested and I spent about half an hour helping her with deadlift form.

Tell her to come here and start posting. Everyone is super nice and helpful...Lol.

Nice work in here. Your gripper work is really strong.

Tell her to come here and start posting. Everyone is super nice and helpful...Lol.

Haha :D I sense some sarcasm there! I should have a lot to say on that topic, but when it comes down to it, there really are a lot of incredibly nice/helpful people on this forum...just have to weed out the ones who are not.

Haha :D I sense some sarcasm there! I should have a lot to say on that topic, but when it comes down to it, there really are a lot of incredibly nice/helpful people on this forum...just have to weed out the ones who are not.

Lulz. I didn't know you were back on here.

Lulz. I didn't know you were back on here.

Indeed I am. Everything's been smooth sailing so far. Took the word "girl" out of my log title and stopped posting pictures of myself. :redface:

BJJ club.

Im back to being the lone instructor.

Taught simple closed guard, kimura-sweep-guillatene. Drilled it for 20 minutes.

I was feeling agressive so I put it on a few guys who were 6 month - one year white belts and some who show potential and had them go 100%. I went around 80%. Im so used to going easy and focusing on flowing JJ I almost forgot what it was like to turn up the heat... not good.

Got a half a dozen or so huge double legs to immediate passes. Couple of single legs.

Took the back from arm drags from open, half and full guard.

Worked some really smooth butterfly sweeps that I usually suck at.

hit a bunch of arm and leg triangles. Hit a meat locker. Im ignoring joint locks and focusing solely on chokes for now on. Even if the joint lock was obvious and/or given to me I ignored it.

Never had guard passed or lost top position. Never was threatened with a take down or submission.

It was one of those days everything felt right and came together so I decided to be a bully lol.

"...because I CAN."

-eastNYbully138

:)

Rode my bike to work and back today. Havent been on it in close to 4 months. Got to work huffing and puffing and wondering how my stamina had gotten so bad. The ride is very hilly with some semi long climbs but I was more tired than I should have been. Turns out the rear brake pads were rubbing to the point that the wheel wouldnt spin at all while in the air. Ugh, I am a fucking idiot.

Quads are kinda shot, might not deadlift tomarrow.

Almost didnt lift because my legs were so tired from yesterdays bike ride.

Monster low carb/sugar, my new favorite pre workout drink.

deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3 x 7 + belt
405 x 2 x 2

- Deadlift marathon. Took almost 90 minutes in total. I was determined to get 25 reps no matter how long it took.
- First 3 sets form was off. I was leaning forward at the start of the lift. I corrected it for the later sets.

front squat + oly shoes
135 x 5
185 x 5
- To tired to go heavier

OHS + oly shoes
95 x 5

ab wheel 15 x 2

did 2 singles of 3/4 one arm pullups

35lb blob full lift
x 6 alternating, 3 per hand
x 4 alternating

Saw some huge football player bounce clean and jerk up to 245 lbs for reps. The speed at which he did it and the power he had was pretty impressive. I told him so but he didnt seem to care lol.

45lb KB
worked on swing technique, learned how to drive through my heels and through my hips
clean bottoms up presses, snatch bottoms up catches

CoC grippers
#1 x 5 x 2
#2 R x 3 L x 1 PR
#2 R x 2 L x 1
#1.5 x 10

Took it pretty easy since I just lifted yesterday. DOMS!!!

45lb KB
bunch of bottoms up presses and holds

35lb blob lifts
3 x 2
2 x 3
- got air with the face both hands

30lb blob
- practiced juggling it maybe half a dozen times, getting very close to holding it after the catch, practicaly had it 3 or 4 times
- ring and pinky finger lifts on hard and easy sides
- pointer and mid finger lift
- 20 second hold
- few face lifts

Couple of strong climbers lifted the 35lber first try like it was a toy. ugh

You have a lot of interesting training in here. How often do you get to climb? Have you noticed if your wrist/grip strength training has helped with your ability to climb?

You have a lot of interesting training in here. How often do you get to climb? Have you noticed if your wrist/grip strength training has helped with your ability to climb?

I work at a climbing gym so I climb pretty regularly. Ive gotten on the heavier side because of all the lifting so I dont climb hard anymore, just for fun.

The grip training I do doesnt help with climbing at all. It may be good for injury prevention because its strengthening my tendons.
Most harder routes/boulder problems involve mainly crimp holds, which are very very small, you can only get the tips of your fingers on them. The only thing that helps with that is a hang board. I have no patience for those lol

I work at a climbing gym so I climb pretty regularly. Ive gotten on the heavier side because of all the lifting so I dont climb hard anymore, just for fun.

Getting heavy from eating too many cookies is different than getting heavy from lifting. :D

Im too far away for you to hurt me...at least for today. Nice job on the 35 blobber holmes!!

Back