Don't Open 'Til Doomsday!!!

BW 168

at work

I wanted to lap the gym 10 times but I only got 5. I lost a lot of stamina over the past 2 or 3 months of not climbing. I was sweating after the third lap.

blob30
10 lifts
switched from hand to hand for 1 minute
10 second hold
10 lifts alternating hands
12 lifts alternating hands thumb on easy side

My forearms are burnt out.

Woke up with stomach ache and had to use my inhaler for the first time in a few weeks. Feels like Im getting sick. Ate breakfast and it got worse. Got to the gym and nothing had changed. Felt like shit.

sugar free redbull, 5 minute speed walking at steep incline on treadmill

deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
425 x 1 x 5 + belt
405 x 2 for the hell of it

hip thrusts back in bench, first time trying these, liked em
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5 + pussy pad
275 x 5
315 x 5 not very challenging, feels like 405 for reps is possible

hyper extension
25lb plate held on back of neck x 15

hip thrusts made my ass feel like jello

BJJ class immediately after workout. Stomach was still way fucked up.
Rolled with some strong wrestlers, threatened with omaplatas, played rubber guard.
Almost puked randomly so I called it quits.

5 minute jump rope, normal jumping with mixed skipping/one footed etc.

25 burpees 45 seconds

sledge levering, side to side, forward, backward. Higher volume choked further away from head

2.5" DB wrist curls low volume, low weight

Inner webbing on my right hand has been irritated for the past 2 weeks. I took a few days from grip stuff because of it and it hasnt gotten any better.

Decided Im not happy with the past 2 deadlift workouts. Thinking about repeating them with more volume starting Wed with 385 x 5 x 5 and going for 10-15 singles of 425 the following week.

Forgot to mention I did 2 or 3 one arm chin singles and maybe a dozen strict muscle ups on rings last night. The one arm chins were closer than they have been since I was 150 to being full chins. Almost locked out at bottom.

Ive been doing one or two one arm chins every day for a while now. Dont really feel like I need any other rowing or pulling work because of that. Wonder where my weighted pullup is at.

Last edited:
Have you ever done the 50 burpee challenge or the 100 burpee challenge? 25 burpees in 45 seconds is really good.

Have you ever done the 50 burpee challenge or the 100 burpee challenge? 25 burpees in 45 seconds is really good.

Yeeeeaaaa, I spontaneously felt like trying the 100 challenge after helping wildchild with her BJJ. I got to the 25 and my lungs tightened up pretty bad(bad asthma and other lung issues) and I didnt feel like pushing it and being sick for the next 24 hours. Pretty big fail.

at work

- slow traversing using hard holds for 5 minutes
- one arm lock off, 3-5 seconds with 3-5 second descent x 2, havent done these in a long time they got alot harder
- half of one arm pullup x 1
- did a bunch of problems on the 30 degree bouldering wall ranging from V0-4
- climbed 20' rope up then down then 3/4 back up

I did alittle setting today because it was so slow. It had to be 50 degrees and sunny outside so everyone was on real rock for the first time in probably 4 months.
Set a really creative/solid V2 with a V3-4 last move. Starts under a roof and ends topping out sort of. All sloper holds.

Yeeeeaaaa, I spontaneously felt like trying the 100 challenge after helping wildchild with her BJJ. I got to the 25 and my lungs tightened up pretty bad(bad asthma and other lung issues) and I didnt feel like pushing it and being sick for the next 24 hours. Pretty big fail.

You are one big fail.

I see. We have the 50 burpee challenge too. It'd be nice to have some fresh blood in there. That's a really good time for 25 burpees. If you pushed through and did 50 straight, you'd have one of the top times.

Anyways, good work in here. I'll need to check out your log more often.

I see. We have the 50 burpee challenge too. It'd be nice to have some fresh blood in there. That's a really good time for 25 burpees. If you pushed through and did 50 straight, you'd have one of the top times.

Anyways, good work in here. I'll need to check out your log more often.

Ill definetly try the 50 challenge when Im feeling alittle healthier.

tonight
-17 BW pullups on Rolling Thunder handles
-130lb lift on RT
-tore 56 cards, very ugly, took 15 second maybe
-stripped paint off of 30lb blob, holds chalk alot better, way more fun to work with now
-cleaned n snatched the blob a bunch
-did some long holds with RT 110lbs in one hand and blob in other
-high rep lifts with RT 110lbs alternating hands
-blob face lifts

Right thumb webbing and joint is still bothering me. Not so much painful as it is irritating.

Do you do all this grip work specifically for climbing?

I train the grip so much because I spent to much time playing video games instead of playing on monkey bars when I was a kid. lol

Climbing isnt a major priority to me right now. I gained to much weight chasing this heavy deadlift. I cant make much progress climbing weighing over 160. No matter how clean I make my diet and how low my BF is I cant seem to dip below 165 anymore. 166.5 this afternoon, very low BF, cant really know specificaly because Ive never had it tested so I dont know how to compare but its real low.

To be honest I dont see much carryover from any sort of grip training to climbing besides hang boards and maybe pinch stuff and even then, you dont do much pinching outside, mostly in gyms. Climbing outside is almost solely crimping. Sure you find slopers and pinches outside but its 75% crimping. Especially harder problems.

Brought the weights outside. 48 degrees and sunny. Played some Type O Negative. Good times.:icon_chee

strong cup of coffee.
jogged half a mile, walked the other half back. Did some side to sides and breakdance type movement(BJJ warmup) on the way back. Mustve looked pretty funny to anyone riding there bikes. Did this in Chucks, seems to tire my calfs out alot more when I run in them.

deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 5 + belt
395 x 5
385 x 5
375 x 5
365 x 5
-on all the working sets form wasnt to bad but last rep of every set was a struggle to lock out. Worked on pushing heel through, hips a bit higher, closer grip, back arch etc.
-my glutes were cramping pretty bad after the last set
-long rests between resting set. up to 10 minutes. I was in no rush, it was such a beautiful day.

walking lunges
95lbs x 180 feet
quad cramping afterwards

Bad acid reflux from coffee. Bothered me the entire workout.

I should probably mention that anything deadlift related in this log has been a PR. I dont bother writing it.

I may have spoke to soon about my weight.
164.5 this morning before breakfast
Maybe 160 isnt out of the question

Thanks guys, Im working real hard to get these numbers up.

My dad works out at like 3 in the morning at a local Powerhouse so the owner lets him open up. He got me a free membership for this(I never use it though) and occasionally the owner gives him used equipment for free. He just gave him a bench press bench. We put it in my uncles basement tonight. The thing is really solid. If theres a nuclear war cockroaches and this bench will make it through. Unfortunatly it doesnt fit in the squat rack.

I try not do anything the day after deadlifitng but rest and eat but Im going back to New Paltz tomarrow and I had to christen it the bench.

bench press
bar x 20
135 x 5
155 x 5
185 x 2
205 x 0
135 x 5 x 5 paused, form work
-no warm up = shoulders grinding
-hamstings, glutes, erectors were extremly sore, couldnt really get a good arch going

picked up the blob with just my pointer and middle fingers a bunch of times. Couldnt do it with just my ring and pinky.

-WILDCHILD pulled 155 for 5 reps for 3 sets today, she finally hit a plateau
-shes getting strong and skilled enough with her JJ that when she rolls with certain guys she gets them huffing and puffing
-her guard is getting passed alot less, reguarding smoothly, starting to understand sweeps from halfguard, breaking guys down and getting good control in closed guard, threating with submissions, lots of improvement
-shes also developing a real sneaky, effective triangle from her guard, almost hitting it on guys, they feel it coming and turn on the juice and rip away from her. Shell start submitting them soon.

CoC#2
4 singles + 1 forced closed left hand
5 singles right hand

#2.5
1 forced close + 2 second hold

low volume, low weight wrist roller

Nice work in here. Good to see WC is still going strong. She now has a much stronger deadlift than my wife, which I will let my wife know tonight. She's skipped out on lifting with me for the past 2 weeks.

I was watching your overhead video in the strongest man thread. How much can you overhead squat? I was shocked when you busted out that single with 185 at the end after the 3 squat/behind the neck push presses. The single looked really easy too.

Nice work in here. Good to see WC is still going strong. She now has a much stronger deadlift than my wife, which I will let my wife know tonight. She's skipped out on lifting with me for the past 2 weeks.

I was watching your overhead video in the strongest man thread. How much can you overhead squat? I was shocked when you busted out that single with 185 at the end after the 3 squat/behind the neck push presses. The single looked really easy too.

I dont even go to the gym with her half the time anymore. She doesnt need me anymore ::sniffle::
But seriously, you guys gotta keep that battle of the brawds thread alive. That was serious motivation for her. I hope the lack of activity in there isnt because of the "incident".

As for OHS, Ive hit 205 for a single. I was almost 20lbs heavier then.
Overheads are a lift I feel you can get good at quickly. You cant use very heavy weights so you can practice them 3 times a week without burning yourself out. Gives you alot of time to work on your balance which is the limiting factor, for me at least.

BW 167

at work

Rolling Thunder pullups bw
did a few one arm holds while using one finger from other hand for assistance

tore a deck of 56 for a few coworkers who heard I could and didnt believe it

Also just recently found the strength to be able to do full front levers on the rings. Did about a dozen singles with a 2 second hold today.

Last edited:
at work

bw 166

muscle ups on rings
bw x 7 strict
bw x bunch of random singles
20lb backpack x 0 very close just messing around

pullup 145lb kid on my back, on rings
x 0 x 2 halfway up the first time, 1/4 second, again just messing around

one armm chin on rings
x almost full one, almost locked out at bottom
x half