DB row
100 x 25
w/ Fatgripz
40 x 25

trap bar shrugs
155 x 10 x 4

- First set w/ Fatgripz

BJJ

- Drilled turtle position, sprawl pressure, shoulder into back of neck using that arm to block their arm, rear leg to push their arm out of the way make room for hook, throw hook in, fall to side, throw other hook in

- X guard set up from butterfly. Fall to shoulder, that arm hooks under leg while jacking guy up, transition to X guard. Boom

- X guard to knee bar. Set up x guard, crotch hook moves to leg youre keeping close to your head, throw knee hook leg over the leg you're controlling near head, fall for knee bar.

- Got four, six minute rolls in. Got a lot of good guard passing in. Played top position basically the entire time. Fuck guard lol I have no interest. Top game is getting back to a better place though. No subs, but good pressure, and if scrambles happened I still took good position. Almost got an arm triangle on a big strong blue. Passed the guard(for a second) of a near purple.

9/8

bench press
145 x 3
165 x 3
185 x 9 @ 8
165 x 3
145 x 15
drop set w/ fatgripz
125 x 10
105 x 10
85 x 7/3
65 x 7/3
bar x 10

bench press
155 x 5
175 x 3
200 x 6
175 x 5
155 x 10/5/5
drop set
125 x 10
105 x 10
85 x 10
65 x 10
bar x 10

Notes

- Hurt my pinkie at work few days ago so now training until today. I tore the skin pretty bad on the underside and I'm still not convinced I didn't break it. I had to run a chainsaw for 6 hours yesterday. it was rough.

parallel grip pullup
bw x 15 x 2
chin up
bw x 15

- Finger is feeling a little better. Dont think I can DL yet

9/21

A.M.

trap bar deadlift
310 x 3

P.M.

BJJ w/ gi

- Five, five minute rolls w/ 40 seconds rest. Rolled with two blues, two purples and one brown belt. This was after about half an hour of guard passing round robin. Hard night of training.

9/24
handstand pushup
bw x 5 x 5

shoulder rehab stuff

9/25
parallel grip pullups w/ fatgrips
bw x 10 x 2

9/27
BJJ no gi

9/28
BJJ no gi and yoga afterwards

Notes

- BW 170. Cut calories and trying to lean out a little. Past few weeks been less than 2,500 calories and mostly whole foods. Completely cut out caffeine and diet sodas. Took a while to get over the caffeine but I feel way better now. Mood and energy levels are so level now compared to drinking coffee all day

10/11

boxing
got 15 minutes in of 1,2,3,2 combo/shadow boxing and called it

Notes

Sprained my right elbow last Sunday 10/2 training BJJ. It was a 8/10 in terms of pain. Could barely do normal everyday things like steer car, brush teeth etc. Went to ortho a couple of days after. X rays didnt show anything wrong and ortho thought it was a biceps tendon issue(which it obviously isn't). Doc was sort of a douche and being condescending. If I raise my arm up high and bend at elbow it hurts, meaning it's triceps tendon issue, which I can clearly feel for myself. no swelling or bruising. Every day pain goes down and I can use right arm normally now so gave boxing a try, but it wasn;t ready.

treadmill
15 minutes, 5 minute warm up + 10 minute mile

- I've been jogging a few times a week, just havent been logging it.

one arm cable row w/ Rolling Thunder
45 x 15 x 3

- Didn't seem to bother elbow at all. It actually felt better afterwards.

decline sit up
bw x 15 x 5

- Also been doing situps a few times a week. Maybe 100 reps a day.

Notes

BW 170

trap bar dead
275 x 5 @ 9 lol

parallel grip pul up
25 x 10

decline sit up
bw x 15 x 2

Notes

BW 168. Saw 166 the other day

That elbow sprain is almost healed up. Elbow at about 85%. Popped my knee a couple of days back, first day back training BJJ, no big deal though. Was a little sore. IDK why I'm so injury prone. Hoping it's just a bad luck streak. Trained gi last night and no pain. felt great. Going to start doing one "catch" private a week. The school is almost 2.5 hour drive, otherwise I'd go more often.

deadlift
315 x 5 @ 8

- T&G warmups, first rep of 315 DOH, then switched to hook. On a barbell

shrugs
135 x 15 x 3

- Threw FatGripz on for a set

parallel grip rows w/ moose antler
45 x 15 x 3

- FatGrips last set.

Notes

BW somewhere between 166 and 169

- Got a cold, elbow and knee are sore and buggin me. Feelin pretty down. Have been neglecting strength training so had to get in and move something.

- I have my first Catch as Catch Can private scheduled for next Monday. 1 hour private and then I'll jump into a class afterwards, pretty excited even though it's a 2.5 hour drive on way :( I've been getting better at BJJ with the 2 or 3 times a week I've been going but I keep getting this nagging injuries. My knee is feelin pretty shitty now and I REALLY don't want a knee problem. Hiking is my go to, if I can't do anything else, activity and if I lose it I might jump off a cliff.

- I hot the cobra clutch in training yesterday!

10/31

moose antler row w/ FatGripz
25 x 10
50 x 10
75 x 10
100 x 10
75 x 10
50 x 10
25 x 10

- I like using a barbell with the landmine and moose antler attachments. There, I said it. I freakin like it!

trap bar deadlift + shrugs
135 x 5 + 10
225 x 5 + 10

- Took it easy. Been fighting a cold all week.

Hiking 4.5 hour bushwhack

Gi BJJ 1 hour
Drilled getting the single X guard, then double X and a little Idiot Sweep practice. Did a lot of rolling before that. 7 minute round, one guy starts anywhere and stays there, fresh guy goes in every minutes. I was in rotation with three other guys, all blue belts, so I got 28 minutes of rolling in that way. I got a few good sweeps on all the guys and only got tapped by the instructor like once or twice. After drilling, we did one 7 minute roll. I got a very heavy blue belt. Working very hard on pressure passing and not giving up an inch if I'm on top, ESPECIALLY with these big guys. He tried a lot of sweeps which I nullified, got my pass, and for 7 minutes I was moving around him in side control or North South, knee on belly, if he turtled I tried to put pin point pressure and all of my weight into his upper back or the back of one shoulder. I eventually tapped him with a sit on his head kimura. My pressure passing and top game is getting much better. I've been getting comments from a few guys

Boxing 1 hour
I suck...

Notes

Woke up yesterday at 163-lbs so I went hard on the food lol. it was Halloween. Lots of candy, pizza and like 5 beers while watching Halloween 2 with my lady. I'm leaning out well, cardio feels better than I can remember.

squat
bar x 10
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5 x 3

PG pullup
bw x 10
50 x 5 x 3

BJJ gi

Notes

BW 165. Been training BJJ about 3 days a week. Fought another wildland fire the other day. Did a 24 hour shift which was rough.

BJJ
Gi, I've been working very hard on the over/under "Faria" pass for weeks now. It's been my sole focus actually. I'm hitting it on white belts 90% of the time, and just starting to hit it on blue belts about 50% of the time. I ALMOST passed a purple belt with it today. I"m definitely making progress. Also trying to create a little system off the pass into side control, lapel under far arm control, choke or knee on belly etc.

squat
205 x 5 x 3

deadlift
275 x 5 doh

press
bar x 5 x 3

squat
210 x 5 x 3

Pendlay row
135 x 8 x 3

press
50 x 5 x 3

BJJ
Gi, things have been feeling real good. Hit over/under Faria pass on a couple of bigger blue belts. Also swept both and held either half guard or side control for duration of roll. One blue outweighs me by 70-lbs so I'll call that a good day. Drilled a couple of simple entry into single X guard, transition to straight ankle, transition to heel hook.

Notes

- BW 168

Back