dont feel like training MMA anymore

RR010V

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I've been doing martial arts for about 5 years now, I was really motivated to train MMA, but after doing it for 3 weeks 6 days a week I dont feel like going there anymore, the first week I loved it but now I dont feel like it anymore I feel tired and also perform less good in school now. appreciate all helpful answers to my situation.

edit: I might have put it a little wrong. I love the sport, I love the sparring, I hate looking forward to going there, if that makes any sense. I get energetic when I'm there but when I wake up at 4:15 and know I have to rush to make my school and then train at 20:00 till 22:00 I just feel depressed and then I also go to he gym after my school ends at 16:00 and be home at 17:00 eat and rush to the gym otherwise I wont make it on time to the mma training and if I come to late my trainer makes me do 100 pushups so thats a motivation to not come to late. I love it I just dont have the energy thus not the feeling of training anymore. and advice on this for me?

Last edited:
I've been doing martial arts for about 5 years now, I was really motivated to train MMA, but after doing it for 3 weeks 6 days a week I dont feel like going there anymore, the first week I loved it but now I dont feel like it anymore I feel tired and also perform less good in school now. appreciate all helpful answers to my situation.
If you dont want to be a fighter than just quit. If you love it you'll be able to go to practice everyday without hating it.

If you dont want to be a fighter than just quit. If you love it you'll be able to go to practice everyday without hating it.
I want to practice everyday I love it I just feel tired, no energy and Lately I sleep 6 hours a day because school is really busy for me now I still want to train but mma is only at later times, I just came home from training and Took a preworkout before my workout and felt really excited

Exactly, you are overtrained. Do you know how many calories you take a day? Take a 10 day full rest and increase your calorie intake by 500 calories.
I cant take a 10 day break, my school wont allow me

I cant take a 10 day break, my school wont allow me
He's talking about a break from physical training. Your body needs time to recover. Once you recover, your motivation will return.

You don't have to either train 6 times or a week or train 0 times a week. Try going once or twice a week and see how it feels. Sometimes I like going ten times a week, other times once or twice. If you're not training for a fight, go with how you're feeling.

You also don't have to be at the gym to improve. Read and watch stuff. Think about things. Find out new techniques you want to try. Shadowbox. You'll feel a lot more motivated to go the gym, too, when you have something you want to try out.

My advice is to go down to 3 sessions and add another one every month or two.

Take up acting classes. It's a 180 from what you've been doing and strange enough, it will help propel your MMA career should you decided to get make into it!

Last edited:
Its already been said but you've burnt yourself out. Don't worry, you're not a pussy, most people would experience the same feeling after jumping straight into a new sport and going 6 times a week for a month from the get go. Take two weeks off and then cut the days you go by half, you'll feel much better and will laugh at yourself for ever considering quitting.

Everybody wants to be the champ but nobody wants to live like the champ

I want to practice everyday I love it I just feel tired, no energy and Lately I sleep 6 hours a day because school is really busy for me now I still want to train but mma is only at later times, I just came home from training and Took a preworkout before my workout and felt really excited
6 hours a day is way to little sleep if you tren hard and eat clen.

Its already been said but you've burnt yourself out. Don't worry, you're not a pussy, most people would experience the same feeling after jumping straight into a new sport and going 6 times a week for a month from the get go. Take two weeks off and then cut the days you go by half, you'll feel much better and will laugh at yourself for ever considering quitting.
Im not considering to quit, I just dont feel like I got the energy to go through another day of training but at the end of the day I feel great that I did it, its hard to explain, just came back from training and the gym and I feel great, cant wait to go again but then tomorrow morning I feel like I have no energy to do it again.

Back