Don't compare Conor Mcgregor to BJ Penn until Conor wins a Welterweight championship.

BJ Penn sucks.

BJ Penn is awesome, and you're an ignorant garbage poster who came here a week and a half ago and already are exposed as a troll.

He does not suck. But he is easily the most overrated fighter of his era, and it is not even close. People always raved about his talent but the results were always spotty as best..

Prime BJ would get mauled in the current WW division.

Conor would also tool him.

BJ was great in his era, but wouldn't fare too well against this era's elites.
He would get mauled at WW yes.

At LW probably not. I think Khabib beats Penn, but I'd say Penn has a great chance vs Conor. Penn had great boxing and his grappling is way better than Conor's.

He would get mauled at WW yes.

At LW probably not. I think Khabib beats Penn, but I'd say Penn has a great chance vs Conor. Penn had great boxing and his grappling is way better than Conor's.

That is a fact. BJ was a well rounded fighter.

Theres other comparisons to be made. For instance, both had some of the most annoying fans at one point. With Conor it was on a different scale but some of the BJ fans back in the day were as crazy as BJ himself

Or we could just not compare a well rounded fighter who defends what he's earned to a one tool fighter who's nowhere near the same level

conor > the overrated bj

He does not suck. But he is easily the most overrated fighter of his era, and it is not even close. People always raved about his talent but the results were always spotty as best..

His results were great. Record by itself means NOTHING in MMA.

His results were great. Record by itself means NOTHING in MMA.

Not great results at all. Record means nothing?????

Never had a dominant run in any class. Bounced around way too much. Lost a lot and I mean a lot of big fights..

0-3 Versus Frankie, 2 came in his prime..
0-2 with GSP, the 2nd a total beating..
Draw against Fitch, got his ass kicked in honesty..
Rory whooped his ass..
2-1 against Hughes is his best achievement...

Mcgregor hasnt even fought a legit welterweight ffs. He would never beat the ww champ.

Prime BJ would get mauled in the current WW division.

Conor would also tool him.

BJ was great in his era, but wouldn't fare too well against this era's elites.

That is a bit much, his only win is against Matt Hughes at WW. He's a gifted fighter that never seen his tru potential, but WW would not be kind to him. he could win some yes, but he would not get the strap again.

Never had a dominant run in any class. Bounced around way too much. Lost a lot and I mean a lot of big fights..

Rory whooped his ass..

Records, by themselves, mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Penn was THE MOST DOMINANT champion at 155 pounds.

After prime losses, and torch passes, are irrelevant legacy-wise.

When Penn beat Hughes, Hughes was the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

BJ Penn's career is awesome.
And you're clueless, like all "MMA revisionists"

A prime BJ back when would beat the absolute shit out of Conor.

The old days were the bloodiest days

These khabib fans have lost control of reality

He had 3 total defenses at LW. He got wrecked by Edgar in 2 rematches. Edgar was/is a better LW than Penn. A better legacy..

From 2005-2010 Penn compiled a record of 7-6.. He was young and in his prime and THAT was his record. Yes he jumped classes but you don't give him a pass for that.. And his LW record was only 5-2.. Losing badly to Edgar in the rematch..

BJ would have fucked Conor up and given Khabib fits.

That's all there is to it.

Rory whooped his ass..

Conor isn't half the fighter BJ was, your post is embarrassing.

Frankie was a fantastic fighter, which is why Conor avoided him at all costs. He was just too fast for BJ. His speed and wrestling would have overwhelmed Conor.

Conor whined that a lightweight was three times his size. What do you think GSP, Fitch, Rory and Hughes and Rory would have done to him? They would have left a Conor-shaped stain on the Octagon floor.

I hated that BJ fought those monsters, but he was the opposite of Conor. BJ was a ridiculously talented, versatile, well-rounded fighter who didn't give a fuck about the money and wanted to fight the most dangerous fighters possible. He fought Lyoto Machida. What do you think Machida would do to Conor?

Nothing Conor has done is remotely close to BJ beating Hughes, nothing. No, not Aldo. Not close.

Conor isn't half the fighter BJ was, your post is embarrassing.

Frankie was a fantastic fighter, which is why Conor avoided him at all costs. He was just too fast for BJ. His speed and wrestling would have overwhelmed Conor.

Conor whined that a lightweight was three times his size. What do you think GSP, Fitch, Rory and Hughes and Rory would have done to him? They would have left a Conor-shaped stain on the Octagon floor.

I hated that BJ fought those monsters, but he was the opposite of Conor. BJ was a ridiculously talented, versatile, well-rounded fighter who didn't give a fuck about the money and wanted to fight the most dangerous fighters possible. He fought Lyoto Machida. What do you think Machida would do to Conor?

Nothing Conor has done is remotely close to BJ beating Hughes, nothing. No, not Aldo. Not close.

Conor and BJ was not really my direct comparison and you will not find anything that made that comparison. But if you want to go there I would take the Irishman career over his absolutely. BJ Penn and the majority of his career came down to 2 Things. Hype and disappointment. He never at any point really met that hype. And even when he did have a brief run it was always spoiled by a butt kicking. His record in big fights is awful. And his overall record in his career is even worse. It is what it is.

BJ Penn is the pride of Hawaii. Conor McGregor is the shame of Ireland.

Back