Don't compare Conor Mcgregor to BJ Penn until Conor wins a Welterweight championship.

BJ Penn and Matt Hughes fought in the dark ages of MMA. The level of skill from that time is 20% of what it is today. BJ Penn has lost like what 5 times in a row in the past 5 years? lol

So he was awesome back when he fought? Yup.

Seems more like he's a childhood hero for some people than actually having any real skill compared to most of today's competition.

Quit talking out of your ass with your stupid ego and give an actual argument.

Cry more.
Lol the funny thing is, you think you're being clever and trolling when really you're just being stupid. No one's impressed by your childlike comments, you overgrown mongoloid

fren, i like you, but i dont like your opinion.

bj would beat tyron, colvington, lawler, rda and co.

Bud, I like you, but I don't like your av/face. BJ's best chance would be against Covington of those guys you named or maybe current Lawler, but not prime Lawler.

Bud, I like you, but I don't like your av/face. BJ's best chance would be against Covington of those guys you named or maybe current Lawler, but not prime Lawler.
bj would sub woodley, prime lawler, rda and covington off his back as if he was warming up for a fight.

cmon son, you are better than this.

bj would sub woodley, prime lawler, rda and covington off his back as if he was warming up for a fight.

cmon son, you are better than this.

Woodley would shatter BJ's prime chin. Lawler too or just mess up his face till he'd look like a tumah. RDA would break his body and face, but maybe BJ could sneak in a submission if he plays it smart. Covington he probably could wrap himself around him when Covington is humping him and get a sub.

Woodley would shatter BJ's prime chin. Lawler too or just mess up his face till he'd look like a tumah. RDA would break his body and face, but maybe BJ could sneak in a submission if he plays it smart. Covington he probably could wrap himself around him when Covington is humping him and get a sub.
<{cruzshake}>

BJ is way out of his prime, washed up. Anderson is as well so do you want to talk a lot of shit about him to?
I didn't know BJ Penn broke his leg in half. Anderson still knows how to fight while BJ Penn looks confused in the cage these days.

I didn't know BJ Penn broke his leg in half. Anderson still knows how to fight while BJ Penn looks confused in the cage these days.

You think Anderson didn't recover from that injury? He lost Bisping and hardly looks like his former dominant self.

Seems more like he's a childhood hero for some people than actually having any real skill compared to most of today's competition.
how so? have you actually seen any of his fights?

he won the bjj world championships at blackbelt 4 years into training. that alone was unprecedented, he was a true jiu jitsu prodigy. came into mma, and instead of outgrappling everyone like most people would expect from a bjj prodigy, he went ahead and knocked people out instead. din thomas and caol uno were both top 5 in the world at the time, and he knocked them both out in the first round, in his second and third professional fight. this, too, was unprecedented.

so we're talking about a guy with jiu jitsu skills matched by very few people on the planet, who routinely knocked top competitors out, who had impeccable takedown defense, and rather impressive takedown offense as well. a guy who by today's standards would've been a featherweight ended hughes' reign, fought as high as fucking heavyweight, took the lw belt and gave some top welterweights tough fights even in the twilight of his career.

penn's issue right now is the fact that he can't hang them up. he's a decade removed from his prime and keeps fighting, so he keeps getting trashed. and jerkoffs who have been following the sport for 2 months are now giving him shit because he keeps losing... as if it fucking matters.

so to me, it seems more like you don't know jack shit.

Conor hasn’t defended either of his straps in soul crushing fashion like BJ did. We are a ways from talking about Conor and WW yet.

Most overrated fighter in history. Eddie Bravo probably could've beat him back in the day if they had fought in the cage.

lol, you can't even argue who has better BJJ? Does BJ Penn have gyms all over America like Eddie Bravo does with his 10th Planet Jujitsu? Nope.

BJ Penn is like the old school version of Aaron Pico. Both got the best trainers while they grew up.

oooh, missed these posts. thought you were actually clueless, my bad.

don't feed the troll, people.

Dark ages in MMA = everything before your join date?
People have that misconception, everything before Conor was just some sloppy brawls with no skilled fighters. young BJ would still be a champ today with his skillset. He would beat the TapMachine for sure

how so? have you actually seen any of his fights?

he won the bjj world championships at blackbelt 4 years into training. that alone was unprecedented, he was a true jiu jitsu prodigy. came into mma, and instead of outgrappling everyone like most people would expect from a bjj prodigy, he went ahead and knocked people out instead. din thomas and caol uno were both top 5 in the world at the time, and he knocked them both out in the first round, in his second and third professional fight. this, too, was unprecedented.

so we're talking about a guy with jiu jitsu skills matched by very few people on the planet, who routinely knocked top competitors out, who had impeccable takedown defense, and rather impressive takedown offense as well. a guy who by today's standards would've been a featherweight ended hughes' reign, fought as high as fucking heavyweight, took the lw belt and gave some top welterweights tough fights even in the twilight of his career.

penn's issue right now is the fact that he can't hang them up. he's a decade removed from his prime and keeps fighting, so he keeps getting trashed. and jerkoffs who have been following the sport for 2 months are now giving him shit because he keeps losing... as if it fucking matters.

so to me, it seems more like you don't know jack shit.
Sadly, a name like Uno wont receive any echo these days, Im afraid...

BJ Penn and Matt Hughes fought in the dark ages of MMA. The level of skill from that time is 20% of what it is today. BJ Penn has lost like what 5 times in a row in the past 5 years? lol
3 weeks in and a hairs breadth away from being banned

It's hard to compare different eras, but in OPs defence, BJ did beat a what seemed to be an unbeatable Matt Hughes at the time with multiple defences. Conor arguably beat a lesser fighter (era wise).

If comparing different fighters at different eras, you got to keep in mind the different era. You can't be like Alvarez will destroy Matt Hughes now.

LOL @ being so gotten to by McGregor that you're demanding a picture-perfect comparison between two different sagas in MMA history, which is pretty accurate in the way I described it regardless.

So wait: Nurmagomedov was a dominant champ for several years? Missed that one.

Also, Nurmagomedov dominated the division after the McGregor fight? Missed that one too.

There is a difference between picture perfect and 0 title defenses on both sides. MCG won two fights in a row. The first might have been a fluke ala Cain vs JDS I or it might be legit. We don't know. Eddie barely got his TS (two split decisions) and was not dominant at LW at all. He almost got beaten by Justin and lost to Poirier.

And so far Nurmagomedov is better than GSP - he never lost. And BJ did better vs. GSP than Conor vs. Khabib - most people think BJ won their first fight. Connie just tapped insta.

Back