Don't call a fight a robbery unless you feel the loser CLEARLY won 8 rounds or more

I had Whitaker winning that handidly...that was borderline robbery...

this fight was bad as the Whitaker vs DLH fight.

how did you score these fights?
Funny, I just watched that fight yesterday, been doing some breakdowns of fantasy match-ups. Before watching that fight again I guess I must've forgot how fucking good Whitaker was, and that fight was when he was 34 yrs old. Oscar was no freaking joke either, my gosh he was good. Guys need to cut him some slack, Oscar fought in probably the deepest Welterweight division in history. Anyways, I think Oscar won that. Far from a robbery. There was a lot of flash from Pernell while Oscar was smart, made adjustments, was setting up his own counters and his output was a little more. He even caught Sweet Pea a few times with some nasty stuff. Could've gone either way though, i wouldnt have been mad if Pernell got the W. But it was Oscar's time, on the way up.

Edit: I didn't score it though just an eyetest cause I was judging match-up stuff against other opponents.

Stats do not tell the whole story of that fight. You can be outlanded in a round and still win that round. It was a lot like the Ward vs Kovalev fight in that there were a lot of close rounds that could be argued either way.

well if it wasnt the stats it most certainly wasnt the damage that jacobs inflicted upon golovkin

960x0.jpg

Funny, I just watched that fight yesterday, been doing some breakdowns of fantasy match-ups. Before watching that fight again I guess I must've forgot how fucking good Whitaker was, and that fight was when he was 34 yrs old. Oscar was no freaking joke either, my gosh he was good. Guys need to cut him some slack, Oscar fought in probably the deepest Welterweight division in history. Anyways, I think Oscar won that. Far from a robbery. There was a lot of flash from Pernell while Oscar was smart, made adjustments, was setting up his own counters and his output was a little more. He even caught Sweet Pea a few times with some nasty stuff. Could've gone either way though, i wouldnt have been mad if Pernell got the W. But it was Oscar's time, on the way up.

Edit: I didn't score it though just an eyetest cause I was judging match-up stuff against other opponents.

Yea, I need to watch the fight again...I wouldn't call it a robbery either....

Whitaker was a lot of flash...he needed to throw more ....

well if it wasnt the stats it most certainly wasnt the damage that jacobs inflicted upon golovkin

960x0.jpg

Gennady's brother looks like he just trolled the War Room.

This guy haha.

The more you say it "wasn't a robbery" and "get off your high horse" the more you seem to get defensive while arguing. You also have to be one of the very few people who scored it for Ward and Jacobs. I understand similar things happened, but it's a tough sell and sounds like maybe you have an agenda.

When is the last time a guy should have won who was:
1) out thrown
2) out landed
3) outlanded in 10 of the 12 rounds
4) knocked down
5) was not the one moving forward

Seems to me like you score some pity rounds.

The more he says Jacobs wasn't robbed, the more it looks like he has an agenda for Jacobs?

Back