Don't call a fight a robbery unless you feel the loser CLEARLY won 8 rounds or more | Page 3

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by DannyNL, Mar 19, 2017.

1. borntoloseNOT Green Belt

borntoloseNOT
    Yeah, but my Ward/Kov scoring was more in line with official result than other dudes who somehow saw Kov winning, and my Toney/Jirov score was DEAD in line with the official judges scores the night of the fight, nice try pretending being in agreement with judges means anything when you pick and choose which times it's relevant to fit your argument. 2 outta the 3 fights so far discussed here I was right about. Jacobs won the fight, and wide, on MY card. I'll never see it for GGG, or even soften the blow of how badly he got outclassed, or say it was super close and coulda gone either way to make you feel better. Get over it.

2. DannyNL The King is BACK, baby!

DannyNL
    I think this rule should go to fighters, too.

It's so silly when you see a guy put in a half-hearted, passive effort, leaving the rounds close and up to interpretation, and he starts crying about being robbed.

Don't want to get robbed? Don't leave anything up to interpretation. Leave no question as to who won a round.

The GGG/Jacobs fight had several rounds that were close and up for debate, so neither man would have cause to complain if they lost IMO.

3. fightfan84 Red Belt

fightfan84
    i was mearly pointing out how far off you were on this particular fight and in the same sentance you told someone else how they dont know how to score a fight. If you think about it, it was bad timing on your end. But at least you pay attention and do a round by round scoring system when watching the fights and i respect that, even if you happened to be way off in this fight ;) haha

Also have you re watched the GGG fight? even with jacobs obvious size advantage and him using it well, i still cant score 7 rounds for him. It was GGG's night, just wasnt as obvious as people thought it was going to be i think thats why there is so much controversy about it

borntoloseNOT likes this.
  4. borntoloseNOT Green Belt

borntoloseNOT
    I can give it a rewatch soon, but remember it's how the first impression of the fight pans out, judges don't get a rewatch.

fightfan84 likes this.
  5. fightfan84 Red Belt

fightfan84
    Yea thats also true. Personally for me the first time i also scored it for GGG. But ill admit i am bias as fuck as im a huge fan, i was shocked how competitive it was and how jacobs was able to do so well the whole fight. I knew he was good, just didnt expect that kind of show from him, even in the loss his stock went up in my books

6. Almighty Angus Yellow Card

Almighty Angus
    I had it 8-4 Jacobs with the 10-8 for GGG

7. Necrocide Hot! Spicy! Tastes Great!

Necrocide
    Weird. You don't reward Jirov for growing wildly and landing a lot of punches on arms, shoulders, and air...

But you maintain that Jacobs going backwards and throwing ineffective and inaccurate flurries while eating jabs shows he outclassed GGG somehow.

More power to you, I suppose. We all see fights wrong sometimes. For example, I apparently had the Chocolotito fight completely wrong.

8. Seano Hands of bone

Seano
    No, you're just making the mistake that your opinion is more relevant than others. Even the 3 judges sitting ringside rarely turn in identical scorecards.

9. GoaledMinds.com White Belt

GoaledMinds.com

I definitely believe that the word "robbery" is thrown around more often than not. I think this is the reason that boxing is in a decline. It has everything to do with 1...lack of knowledge by some fans of what actual robberies look like....and/or... 2..it's also the fans distrust of the sport.
    I did no think it was a "robbery" i thought the right fighter got the nod, however, if Jacobs would have one, I understand how some could dispute it.

this is my breakdown. ----> https://www.youtube.com/embed/bLaVu2phhBI

10. Necrocide Hot! Spicy! Tastes Great!

Necrocide
    My opinion isn't more relevant, it's just closer to reality than a 9-3 or 8-4 card in favor of Jacobs is.

If the goal of that fight was to land one significant body shot, a handful of counters, and beat the life out of your opponents arms then yes. Jacobs dominated.

If that wasn't the goal, then the judges got it exactly right.

11. george14 Orange Belt

george14
    This guy haha.

The more you say it "wasn't a robbery" and "get off your high horse" the more you seem to get defensive while arguing. You also have to be one of the very few people who scored it for Ward and Jacobs. I understand similar things happened, but it's a tough sell and sounds like maybe you have an agenda.

When is the last time a guy should have won who was:
    1) out thrown
    2) out landed
    3) outlanded in 10 of the 12 rounds
    4) knocked down
    5) was not the one moving forward

Seems to me like you score some pity rounds.

12. nastyleft Brown Belt

nastyleft
    But look at his face!!! No way he won...lol

13. nastyleft Brown Belt

nastyleft
    Chavez - Whitaker

14. nastyleft Brown Belt

nastyleft
    Guys 9-3 doesnt necessarily mean the other guy got dominated and shut out. Every round couldve been razor close with one guy managing to get the edge consistently, usually by a late flurry or something.

I had Kova - Ward 8-4 for Ward Eventhough every round was pretty close.

15. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    Except he did.

16. nac386 Silver Belt

nac386
    Stats do not tell the whole story of that fight. You can be outlanded in a round and still win that round. It was a lot like the Ward vs Kovalev fight in that there were a lot of close rounds that could be argued either way.

17. nastyleft Brown Belt

nastyleft
    We need a sarcasm smiley.

18. Sunfish Martinez Belt

Sunfish
    Agreed.

19. LogicalInsanity Gold Belt

LogicalInsanity
    I had Whitaker winning that handidly...that was borderline robbery...

this fight was bad as the Whitaker vs DLH fight.

how did you score these fights?

20. quincy k Purple Belt

quincy k
    i do not believe that danny jacobs himself has ever said that he was "robbed" of a decision against golovkin

he even admits that it could have been a draw.

http://www.boxingscene.com/jacobs-they-said-i-no-chance-least-draw--114783

by the way you also did not mention that golovkin had a higher connect percentage than jacobs