Don't Believe The Hype..

I didn't think so but ok

At best that's 3/12 boring UFC fights
Yeah, my main concern is that it's 3 out of 4 for recent fights. But I realize that many didn't find the Rory fight so bad, though I thought there was such massive inactivity in large portions that it made it hard to enjoy (and I saw that one live and was excited about it). I suspect with Wonderboy it really depends who he's fighting. A guy like Till will probably make for a better fight because of his style.

Yeah, my main concern is that it's 3 out of 4 for recent fights. But I realize that many didn't find the Rory fight so bad, though I thought there was such massive inactivity in large portions that it made it hard to enjoy (and I saw that one live and was excited about it). I suspect with Wonderboy it really depends who he's fighting. A guy like Till will probably make for a better fight because of his style.

I think I'm one of the few who enjoyed the first Woodley fight too, I think that fight got a bad rap because of how shit the second one was but I actually enjoyed the first one where Wonderboy got hurt badly and was more active trying to get it back.

For me his only truly shit fight was the Woodley rematch. And I agree I think if we give him guys like Till he's going to have some great fights coming up

He's had some fights that weren't amazing but I don't think it's fair to call him a boring fighter or anything

I think I'm one of the few who enjoyed the first Woodley fight too, I think that fight got a bad rap because of how shit the second one was but I actually enjoyed the first one where Wonderboy got hurt badly and was more active trying to get it back.

For me his only truly shit fight was the Woodley rematch. And I agree I think if we give him guys like Till he's going to have some great fights coming up

He's had some fights that weren't amazing but I don't think it's fair to call him a boring fighter or anything
Now that I think of it, you're right, the first Woodley fight was fine, I liked it. Tactical, yes, but still had meaningful action. The second one was the real snoozefest. So actually, I'd say 2-4 fights. I definitely still dig Wonderboy, I think it just got tougher once he started fighting top 5 guys with wrestling skills, he suddenly had to be much more cautious. That happens to a lot of guys.

Yeah the first Woodley fight has been retroactively demoted because of how absolutely awful the rematch was.

It was actually a pretty good fight, tense and exciting.

Back