President Trump's 9-Day World Tour PBP: G7 Summit (Trade, Brexit, Climate, Immigration, Security)

Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
U.S President Donald J. Trump will be embarking on a 9-day foreign trip this month, which include stops at Saudi Arabia, Israel, Palestine, the Vatican, NATO Headquarters, and the G7 Summit.

This megathread will be used to chronicle each leg of the world tour on the trip.

Thread Index:

Last edited:
President Trump's First Foreign Trip Will Include Red-Carpet Welcome In Saudi Arabia
May 17, 2017

trump-saudi_custom-6eeaf98876b20dfc518360671bb6be118b926a68-s800-c85.jpg

In his first foreign trip as president, Donald Trump will be traveling to a Muslim country on Friday. Not just any Muslim state, but the one with the holiest shrines in Islam.

Saudi Arabia is a place that candidate Trump loved to bash during his campaign.

"Until the oil went down, Saudi Arabia was making a billion dollars a day. We protect them. We protect them. And we protect them for peanuts. So all of that stuff is going to change folks," Trump said last year.

As president, Trump may well find there's a lot he likes about the kingdom. In promoting the trip earlier this month, he said his visit to the capital, Riyadh, is where "we will begin to construct a new foundation of cooperation and support with our Muslim allies to combat extremism, terrorism and violence."

king-salman-5-17-17_wide-daabbdb1e11344a313a8c8ebb6e80c996dcac845-s800-c85.jpg

Saudi Arabia's King Salman welcomes U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis in Riyadh on April 19.

Trump and the Saudis both have compelling reasons to make this relationship work.

The president wants to show he can get along with leading Muslim countries after his frequent attacks that have earned him critics across the Islamic world. And he can expect a warm welcome in the kingdom, with perhaps a brief reprieve from political troubles at home.

The Saudis, meanwhile, felt they were downgraded under President Obama, who reached out to their main rival, Iran. They now see a golden opportunity to rebuild ties with their most important ally.

"The Saudis are rolling out the red carpet for President Trump," said Saudi analyst Gregory Gause, a professor at Texas A & M University, where he's head of the international affairs department at the Bush School of Government.

He notes that the Saudis have also invited dozens of leaders from other Islamic countries, giving the president the chance to reset relations.

"They are certainly not deterred by some of the anti-Muslim rhetoric that we heard on the campaign trail," Gause said. "They want this to be, I think, an occasion to move the president away from some of those thoughts, not by criticism, but by kind of embracing him."

The president's nine-day trip includes a strong religious theme, where he will have to deal with many sensitive political and cultural issues.

After the visit to Saudi Arabia, he travels to Israel, where he plans to go to the Western Wall in Jerusalem, the holiest site for prayer in Judaism. Then he'll go on to Italy, where he'll have an audience with Pope Francis at the Vatican. Trump will also stop at NATO headquarters in Brussels and attend a G7 summit in Italy.

Trump and Saudi Arabia's King Salman agree on many fundamental issues. Both see Iran as the main cause of trouble in the Middle East. Both support an aggressive war against the Islamic State and al-Qaida.

The Saudi ambassador to the United Nations, Abdallah Al-Mouallimi, said Trump's decision to make his first foreign visit in the kingdom is significant.

"The areas of understanding and the areas of agreement are far greater than any potential areas of disagreement," he said recently in Washington. "We share with the president a vision that Iranian subversive activities in the region should be stopped. We share with the president a vision for the need for Muslim countries to address the issue of counter terrorism more effectively."

To top it off, the Saudis appear on the verge of a massive spending spree in the U.S. Analysts expect deals in the tens of billions of dollars. This is in addition to nearly $100 billion of U.S. military hardware that the Saudis have already agreed to buy.

Ford Fraker, a former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia, helped arrange two presidential visits to the kingdom by George W. Bush. He says it's hard to overstate the importance of chemistry — or the lack of it — between a U.S. president and a Saudi king.

"It's a terrific opportunity to forge personal relationships with senior members of the royal family, which, in many ways, is almost more important than trying to deal with specific policy issues," Fraker said.

He said Obama never got on track after a rocky start with the Saudis.

"By all reports, that first visit was not as warm and as friendly as it might have been, and it tended to set the tone for the rest of the administration," Fraker said.

No matter how well Trump and King Salman hit it off, they can't fix everything in a weekend. The Saudis, with American backing, are waging a war in Yemen that's going poorly. Trump and the monarch may blame Iran for regional problems, but they don't have a clear plan to counter that.

Still, Trump should be able to count on a new experience as president — a friendly welcome in a Muslim land.

Last edited:
The dumpster fire is going on a world tour. This should go well...

Trump recoils from the truth like a vampire does from a crucifix. I bet he made a hissing sound like cornered feral cat when Comey wouldn't pledge loyalty.

Maybe they should throw some holy water on him just to see what happens?

At the very least, it would ruin his Cheeto dust spray tan, which would be hilarious.

Pope meeting should bring the luls

I seriously would pay for the PPV if Pope Francis sets up a live stream of that meeting, just to see if he gonna ask the Don if he knows the differences between the Communion plate and the collection basket yet.

Donald Trump Confuses Communion Plate For Offertory During Church Visit
01/31/2016

While visiting a church Sunday in Iowa Donald Trump placed money on a communion plate because he “thought it was for offering.”

This occurred at the First Christian Orchard Campus, a nondenominational church in Council Bluffs, Iowa, while Trump was making his final push before Monday’s caucus, WHDH NBC reports.

He attended the Sunday service with two staffers and his wife Melania. As silver plates were passed around the auditorium during communion, Trump took several bills out of his pocket.

Once he realized his mistake, he said with laughter to his staff, “I thought it was for offering.”

At the end of the service, a pastor placed a hand on Trump’s shoulder and offered a prayer. He prayed “that Jesus would guide his decisions and that only Christ could guide his decisions.”

Trump replied, “Thank you, I need that.”

The New York businessman has made a conscious effort in the past weeks to court Iowa’s important evangelical vote. Recently he released a video featuring his family bible in which he says, “I want to thank the evangelicals,I will never let you down.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/31/d...nion-plate-for-offertory-during-church-visit/

Last edited:
I seriously would pay for the PPV if Pope Francis sets up a live stream of that meeting, just to see if he gonna ask the Don if he knows the differences between the Communion plate and the collection basket yet.

Donald Trump Confuses Communion Plate For Offertory During Church Visit
01/31/2016

While visiting a church Sunday in Iowa Donald Trump placed money on a communion plate because he “thought it was for offering.”

This occurred at the First Christian Orchard Campus, a nondenominational church in Council Bluffs, Iowa, while Trump was making his final push before Monday’s caucus, WHDH NBC reports.

He attended the Sunday service with two staffers and his wife Melania. As silver plates were passed around the auditorium during communion, Trump took several bills out of his pocket.

Once he realized his mistake, he said with laughter to his staff, “I thought it was for offering.”

At the end of the service, a pastor placed a hand on Trump’s shoulder and offered a prayer. He prayed “that Jesus would guide his decisions and that only Christ could guide his decisions.”

Trump replied, “Thank you, I need that.”

The New York businessman has made a conscious effort in the past weeks to court Iowa’s important evangelical vote. Recently he released a video featuring his family bible in which he says, “I want to thank the evangelicals,I will never let you down.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/31/d...nion-plate-for-offertory-during-church-visit/

Generous Trump!!!!

Now what if he washed his hands in that Holy Water bowl thing at a Church that would have been more brutal.

Generous Trump!!!!

Now what if he washed his hands in that Holy Water bowl thing at a Church that would have been more brutal.
His hands don't need much water.

Last edited:
President Trump's First Foreign Trip Will Include Red-Carpet Welcome In Saudi Arabia
May 17, 201

trump-saudi_custom-6eeaf98876b20dfc518360671bb6be118b926a68-s800-c85.jpg

You think he plans on visiting the Rothschild house, and Bilderburg HQ on this trip as well?

I mean that visitation list reads like it was written by a CT-er don't you think?

Isn't he supposed to deliver a speech on Islam? What do you think of that Arkain?

With the breaking news I'm not so sure he just stays there.

I mean that visitation list reads like it was written by a CT-er don't you think?

It's still incomplete though, without high-energy flyovers at the Great Pyramid and the Stonehenge.

Or is it.

Isn't he supposed to deliver a speech on Islam? What do you think of that Arkain?

Not only that, but Saudis invited all the regional leaders in the Muslim neighborhood to attend, in an effort to strengthen the U.S-Gulf Council alliance against Iran's influence, and the Sunni leaders are for all intends and purposes excited to be there.

This could be either the new beginning of a beautiful (albeit dysfunctional) friendship, or a giant clusterfuck. I give it 75/25, depends on how much freestyle adlibs is added to the speech.

Not only that, but Saudis invited all the regional leaders in the Muslim neighborhood to attend, in an effort to strengthen the U.S-Gulf Council alliance against Iran's influence, and the Sunni leaders are for all intends and purposes excited to be there.

This could be either the new beginning of a beautiful (albeit dysfunctional) friendship, or a giant clusterfuck. I give it 75/25, depends on how much freestyle adlibs is added to the speech.
Yeah, all he has to do is follow the script and he'll be alright, and we know Sunni leaders don't care about his opinion on Islam but care about hurting Iran.

If he mentions Iran while talking about radical Islam, he'll surely get a standing ovation.

Back