Donald Trump Jr.'s Russia email scandal shakes the presidency, v4: Cover of TIME | Page 64

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Madmick, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    Item of value... Information is not an item of value. C'mon man you seem to be flirting with making a claim here. Make a claim. Take my bet. Seek the glory! ;)

2. FinalFight Black Belt

FinalFight
    Guess how I know you're a dumb ass?

[​IMG]

3. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    You keep yapping about sig bet on collusion, there is no law on the books for collusion. Jesus man learn some stuff before talking silly.
    Information does not have value? If you ha any information on this topic, it would certainly have value for you. Seriously you are quite dense, stop talking.

4. StickAndMove Brown Belt

StickAndMove
    Don't call me out, call Trump out. What's up with all the lying? Let's get to bottom of this. Only 12-16 months to go.

Throttlehead likes this.
  5. rokzilla White Belt

rokzilla
    Resulting to spell correction is pretty petty FYI.

6. StickAndMove Brown Belt

StickAndMove
    Can we include campaign finance laws?

7. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    Nice dodge. What law do you want to say that Trump or Trump Jr broke and will be charged of? I'm allowing you to word it. My account against your av or sig. Down?

8. StickAndMove Brown Belt

StickAndMove
    Did you forget Trump has a crony heading the DOJ?

9. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    If you're going to include campaign finance laws you're going to have to be specific. My point is you're all pissing in wind. I don't know if Trump is perfect in regards to legality. But I know at this point the evidence of any crime is non existent. If you're interested write a "contract" and lets get this thing kicked off. We can switch to pm to finish details if you prefer

10. StickAndMove Brown Belt

StickAndMove
    Trump should just have fired him and left it at that. Comey wasn't in his pocket, and couldn't be expected to accept Trump shitting on his reputation, just to make an excuse for the firing.

11. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    Hey Dummy, read this!

But this is highly suggestive of a potential violation of the law on two counts. Number one, it demonstrates that the campaign as a whole had the intent to court support, receive support, solicit support from a foreign national source, in this case, the Russia government.

Second, the meeting itself could constitute illegal solicitation of support from a foreign national under campaign finance law. So, it both has broad legal significance, and on that one specific issue of liability, has a more concrete significance.

Yes. I’m talking here about a statute that has been on the books for many years that Congress tightened in 2002 that prohibits receiving and soliciting contributions from a foreign national or providing the foreign national with substantial assistance in trying to influence a U.S. election.

12. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    It was no dodge, I was explaining to you that information has value, and the statute does not say monetary.

Let me try to explain in a simple way which you might be able to grasp.

If you were going on a three day holiday but the forecast said it was going to rain or maybe hurricane, does that information not have value? I can't believe I have to explain to you.

13. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    I read that guy.... Look, if you're Interested in the bet, write up a contract and let me know.

14. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    I can't believe I have to explain how stupid that is. Every campaign person ever would be in violation of such an interpretation. That is inherently absurd. Think about the implications that would actually have.

15. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    I’m talking here about a statute that has been on the books for many years that Congress tightened in 2002 that prohibits receiving and soliciting contributions from a foreign national or providing the foreign national with substantial assistance in trying to influence a U.S. election.

Google every word and understand each word.

Then name another instance of this.

16. FinalFight Black Belt

FinalFight
    I love it when people dig themselves into a hole.

<{jackyeah}>

17. Cake4Breakfast Yellow Card

Cake4Breakfast
    Sigh, he explained what could be considered obstruction (which Comey said he was leaving up to Mueller to decide), and what his thought process was to the senate intelligence committee and to the American public. Period, from Comey's own mouth. Watch the testimony before you just bleat back what Trump told you think.

And pity me all you want, try to teach a legal class based on your google searches, call Comey a leaker and a snake, but it doesn't matter. Trump is 6 months into his presidency and is a lot deeper into the Russia investigation than anyone thought he would be 3 months ago, or even 10 days ago, and at best, he will be suffering massive political consequences as a result of it, with no end in sight, and his white house is going to be burdened (legally, financially, and psychologically) on a daily basis by Mueller's investigation. Nobody knows what Mueller will find in his investigation, but based on the dishonesty by Flynn, Kushner, and Trump Jr. about all things Russia, odds are that this isn't the last surprise.

But yeah "fake news," "no obstruction, no collusion, he's a leaker," "lock her up", "build the wall and Mexico will pay for it," and "grab em by the pussy," etc., etc.,

Limbo Pete likes this.
  18. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/30121

You think he broke this law. I'll bet you he didn't and won't be charged because you're interpretation of that law is absurd.

19. StickAndMove Brown Belt

StickAndMove
    Let's wait and see how this plays out. Maybe at this point there's nothing we can say is criminal but the investigations aren't complete. There is enough suspicion for us to make sure no laws were broken.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  20. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    So you couldn't even read 2 lines down in your link?

(A)
    a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election.

Overpressure and Cake4Breakfast like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.