Donald Trump Jr.'s Russia email scandal shakes the presidency, v4: Cover of TIME | Page 63

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Madmick, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    People are trying to pretend different, but the law is literal. What do you think contributions means in regards to campaign finance? As for lying. I've already said I don't like lying. But that's about all ya got so far at least no?

2. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    If you don't know, then why's it so suspect?

3. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    You're flailing bud. You brought up spies not me. The whole point of a spy is to SECRETLY get information. If Trump was talking to a spy, how would that incriminate him unless he actually did something illegal?

4. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    Will any of you limp wristers take the bet? My account against your avatar or sig. At least blue belt and up. No Russian collusion charges against Trump or Trump Jr. You set the terms. Come get some. Send me home packin

DynamicLoosener likes this.
  5. BruceLeeOnTRT Red Belt

BruceLeeOnTRT

If Comey had reason to believe that the POTUS was attempting to influence an investigation, this is not information he can save for a rainy day. As a FBI director, he is required to report that to the DOJ.

The guy is a leaker and a snake. Good riddance.

6. M3t4tr0n I am the walrus.

M3t4tr0n
    This is what I was thinking. I'm sure someone recorded something some where, or when they all start scrambling to save their own necks some one will flip on Trump.

7. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    You stepped into this thread asking questions about what happened , now you are spouting off like you know something. Campaign finance laws says ANYTHING of value, it doesn't have to be 100 dollar bills. Look it up.

8. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    Well don't lose any sleep waiting for him to be charged, HE WONT.

9. Cake4Breakfast Silver Belt

Cake4Breakfast
    You should teach law at Columbia! Your quick google search would probably have persuaded Comey and his lawyerin buddy that Comey was putting himself in real legal jeopardy.

The point that you are missing (I guess you didn't watch Comey's testimony?) was that the firing changed the meaning of Trump's comments from Trump being a bumbling noob to someone who was trying to influence how Comey proceeded in the Russia investigation, and when he couldn't and saw the investigation heading in a direction Trump didn't like, he fired him. Then the administration cooked up some phony reasons for his firing, that Trump contradicted in his Lester Holt interview, and also in his meeting with the Russians saying Comey's firing relieved great pressure.

As for him being a "leaker and snake," I will take the previous, and 2 subsequent, FBI directors opinions about Comey, along with everyone else who isn't Trump, or isn't being paid by Trump. I mean, have you ever once considered that Trump is just a lying sack of shit?

StickAndMove and Throttlehead like this.
  10. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    Did you read this?

But this is highly suggestive of a potential violation of the law on two counts. Number one, it demonstrates that the campaign as a whole had the intent to court support, receive support, solicit support from a foreign national source, in this case, the Russia government.

Second, the meeting itself could constitute illegal solicitation of support from a foreign national under campaign finance law. So, it both has broad legal significance, and on that one specific issue of liability, has a more concrete significance.

Yes. I’m talking here about a statute that has been on the books for many years that Congress tightened in 2002 that prohibits receiving and soliciting contributions from a foreign national or providing the foreign national with substantial assistance in trying to influence a U.S. election.

11. Limbo Pete Super Samoderator Belt

Limbo Pete
    This question doesn't even make sense. Are you asking why am I suspicious about something that is still being unravelled?

Overpressure likes this.
  12. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    Why do you Trump people think that someone will get charged the next day after doing something, and if they don't it must be legal? There is a investigation and it will be a long one since there is so much to go through.

Just wait for the emoluments clause problems, issue all by itself.

Overpressure and Limbo Pete like this.
  13. BruceLeeOnTRT Red Belt

BruceLeeOnTRT
    There was no obstruction by Trump. If there was, Comey would have been obligated to report it. Seeing as he didn't, that means either he committed perjury or no attempt was made to obstruct the investigation. Fairly straight forward but I don't mind explaining it to you.

Also, firing of the director did not stop or disrupt any ongoing FBI investigations. Quit falling for the fake news.

Finally, he is a leaker and a snake. He could have gone public himself, or went to the DOJ right away. Instead he chose to leak to the Times through a 3rd party. He's no better than that Reality Winner chick. The fact you are unable to comprehend that makes me pity you.

14. StickAndMove Brown Belt

StickAndMove
    He received an email with the offer of a meeting with a Russian proxy, to be supplied with Russian government procured dirt on Hillary, and he accepted. He also hid the meeting which is very suspicious. This is not the type of meeting you'd just forget.

If you factor in that Kushner was at the meeting, that Sr. was courting Russia during his rallies at this time, that Kushner requested a Russian supplied private channel after they won and it makes you really want to look into this matter.

How pro Trump can you be that you're willing to overlook these things? Good thing there's a special investigation along with the Senate and Congressional investigations. If he colluded he should pay the price like any ordinary citizen would.

Overpressure likes this.
  15. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    Information doesn't hold monetary value. Thank God it doesn't too. The implications of that would be immense and absurd

16. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    It never courted support nor solicited. Receiving info is not illegal. So the first point fails before it could get started. Already addressed the 2nd part. Information doesn't hold monetary value (in the legal sense).

17. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    The law states that no person shall knowingly solicit or accept from a foreign national any contribution to a campaign of an item of value.

It says NOTHING about monetary.

18. Throttlehead Black Belt

Throttlehead
    You really need to read up on this before you come in here and talk stupid.
    There will be no collusion charges, there is no such law "collusion".

19. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    If a crime was committed he should pay. This is being forced and from my pov it seems obvious. I've already called you all out. Nobody seems confident enough to take the bet. The bravado is all ya got

20. oleDirtyBast4rd Black Belt

oleDirtyBast4rd
    I meant that as a general term. As I said the challenger would be setting the terms. Care to take the bet? Or are you just pussyfooting around?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.