Donald Trump is still bitching about the NFL, urges fans to boycott

This is great! This wonderful black American gets it!

I get how POM cycles work. But after agencies make budget requests and submit them, what happens? The POTUS sets priorities and proposes a budget. And the government’s ability to influence change is largely a product of how it decides to allocate funding.

Sure, but the president isn't going to ask Congress for more than the agencies are asking for, and generally isn't going to ask for crippling cuts (and even those can bite you--like cutting the transportation budget one year will likely require more transportation spending in the future). So the range of possible requests is very narrow. And non-defense discretionary is only about a fifth of the total budget anyway. So, again, presidents have very little to do with spending levels. Outside of something like single payer (which would require a law), there would be very little difference in spending between a President Sanders and a President Paul that would be directly attributable to their own actions.

Thoughts about Trump aside, it kinda bothers me that NFL players are refusing to stand just because of him. It just seems like some childish shit. Your mom says “do this” and you don’t do it out of spite.

I’d still be standing out of respect for our veterans but these guys are just doing what they’re doing out of some spiteful shit. Who cares about what he said? I mean have you seen the shit that comes out of his tweets? It just seems so petty and not worth it.

Hockey is white trash figure skating. The fights in hockey are more boring than women's MMA.
Bro, are you serious? Look at this technique.
giphy.gif

Sure, but the president isn't going to ask Congress for more than the agencies are asking for, and generally isn't going to ask for crippling cuts (and even those can bite you--like cutting the transportation budget one year will likely require more transportation spending in the future). So the range of possible requests is very narrow. And non-defense discretionary is only about a fifth of the total budget anyway. So, again, presidents have very little to do with spending levels. Outside of something like single payer (which would require a law), there would be very little difference in spending between a President Sanders and a President Paul that would be directly attributable to their own actions.
The President will almost always give less than they are asking for. Every year, groups within agencies attempt to lobby for existing programs and new ones. Those gonup through the chain to the Secretary, and the ones that survived the cut up to that point face several more rounds ahead of them. That’s the thing. There is no “government” in a sense. It’s a collection of independent agencies that run differently with their own cultures and norms. They just play by the same rules at the very top.

I wouldn’t say 1/5 ofnthe budget is nothing. If you do, then that’s fine. It’s a judgment call. I see 20% spent or not spent as something that’s still very significant, especially when you are talking about a budget in the trillions.

In 2017..

Trump thinks boycotting the NFL and twitter wars with athletes is a priority..

Fuck:

Affordable healthcare
Stagnated wages
Cost of living
Infrastructure
National dept
Corporate greed
political corruption
Campaign finance reform
Outsourced jobs
An unstable market,driven by deregulation (Dodd frank repeals)
The rape of constitutional rights to privacy
Civil forfeiture
Police state
Faux outrage and wedge issues created and perpetuated by the media
National defense
National defense spending
The cluster fuck that is the wars in Middle East
The lunatic in North Korea
Chinese owning the United States
Foreign aid to terrorist sponsoring countries
Social security
College tuition debt bubble

But fuck no,let's cry about some athletes exercising there constitutional rights with the support of there employer.

Communist right wing zealots ..
You hypocrites don't stand up at home..you take a shit and grab a beer during the Anthem and you know it.

Yah let's focus on the real issues hurting America right now.

"Make America great"

Right.

Beautiful...Makes me proud of being a cowboys fan...Once again we are ahead of the league...instead of disrespecting, we showed unity...Truly amazing.

This is why, they are America's Team.

Last edited:
Omfg! I'll never watch again! :mad::mad::mad:

Symbolically, the gesture doesn't have the same meaning of what it's original intended purpose was. But I suppose it does a good job of sweeping the real issue under rug, as not to disrupt the mighty NFL cash cow.

Goddamn was that fucking pathetic.

Note to professional football players: The fans get it. Might want to listen to what they're sayin.

Maybe all that protesting makes them feel less guilty after bringing home 7 figures+.

Why not put some of that money to a cause instead of a knee kissing dirt?

If they want to kneel before the anthem and then rise and stand for the anthem, that's fine.

I assume the kneeling was a protest against the police and racism. I disagree that policeand racism are the biggest problem for the urban black community. I think the black community is their own biggest enemy and problem.

Plastic, cookie cutter response.

Kapernick took a knee because he believed something (agree or disagree with him). And the league and 99% of the players left him out to dry.

Now the billionaire owners have turned his gesture into a Disney production bacause the POTUS is threatening their $$$.

See.. win win. You can still take your knee AND stand for the flag. Wow. Who would have thunk it.

And Kap is a bitch.. he only cared about his shoes, his clothes and his cars before he got benched.

Symbolically, the gesture doesn't have the same meaning of what it's original intended purpose was. But I suppose it does a good job of sweeping the real issue under rug, as not to disrupt the mighty NFL cash cow.
I disagree....They went against the grain...They kneel before the Anthem...The Media will pick this up and respect them for how they did it....BLM/Cowboys are gonna benefit from this.

Cowboys are always at the cutting edge....thinking outside the box.

thats fine, im slightly annoyed by any political message during football but at least theyre making a point to not disrespect the flag/anthem

Plastic, cookie cutter response.

Kapernick took a knee because he believed something (agree or disagree with him). And the league and 99% of the players left him out to dry.

Now the billionaire owners have turned his gesture into a Disney production bacause the POTUS is threatening their $$$.
Crapernick sucks...He left himself out to dry by sucking ass...If the guy was Tom Brady level, trust me, he would still have a job.

Little bitch Trump escalated things and now the cowboys responded in the best way possible....While giving a big fuck you to trump but also kneeling for what is happening around America.

Back