Donald Trump is still bitching about the NFL, urges fans to boycott

Can't believe this topic gets more coverage than the Jets actually winning a game -- which is the true shocker.

Fuck the anthem debate, let's talk about how awesome the games this week were!

One of my chief criticisms of this Administration is that it chooses really dumb things to make a stand on. How is this issue helpful to anyone? Why does this fight need to take place? I get wanting to take a stand on policy issues about the best way to deal with war, healthcare, taxes, etc. But this is a pointless endeavor that will do nothing but further divide the country.

I had a similar criticism of President Obama, but I thought he only picked bad fights late into his second term. While he certainly had one eye fixed on the stupid identity issues, he still kept one eye on the real issues. Our current POTUS seems to have both eyes locked on the identity issues, burning the last of his political capital with every tweet.

Both Presidents Bush and Clinton certainly had their flaws, but at least they stayed focused on the real issues that actually required the attention of the President of the United States to solve.
I like almost all of this post (not sure which issues you felt Obama missed on) but feel compelled to point out it is nearly impossible for Trump to actually take a stand on something. He completely lacks principle and is so badly informed and educated that he couldn't effectively take a stand on something even if he ended up on the right side of it!

For example, he couldn't find a way to properly articulate that racism is bad but the ANTIFA shit has to go also. I mean my god, if you can't handle that softball then you're just incompetent. And I don't think he cares about these issues either way beyond the extent they help him personally and politically.

I like almost all of this post (not sure which issues you felt Obama missed on) but feel compelled to point out it is nearly impossible for Trump to actually take a stand on something. He completely lacks principle and is so badly informed and educated that he couldn't effectively take a stand on something even if he ended up on the right side of it!

For example, he couldn't find a way to properly articulate that racism is bad but the ANTIFA shit has to go also. I mean my god, if you can't handle that softball then you're just incompetent. And I don't think he cares about these issues either way beyond the extent they help him personally and politically.
I think asking Eric Holder to launch a DOJ investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin separate from the investigation conducted by local and state police was a mistake. It certainly helped cause a spark into what became the modern BLM stuff. Jumping into that fight wasn't the business of the POTUS in my mind. Let local issues be local.

I don't want to paint President Trump as an evil caricature of himself. I think he's got very poor management skills and picks bad fights, but I don't think he's total absent of all principles. I don't think that he shows them to us very often, but I'm sure that he's got something guiding him in his life instead of just what's happening at that very moment in his life. And he's an awful public speaker, so communicating to the American people is particularly challenging for him. I don't think he's a great person, but I don't have to believe that he's a terrible human being to think that he's not good at being a President.

I think asking Eric Holder to launch a DOJ investigation into the death of Trayvon Martin separate from the investigation conducted by local and state police was a mistake. It certainly helped cause a spark into what became the modern BLM stuff. Jumping into that fight wasn't the business of the POTUS in my mind. Let local issues be local.

That didn't bother me. It was already a divisive case so I felt like he needed to address it in some form. I didn't find it overbearing.

I don't want to paint President Trump as an evil caricature of himself. I think he's got very poor management skills and picks bad fights, but I don't think he's total absent of all principles. I don't think that he shows them to us very often, but I'm sure that he's got something guiding him in his life instead of just what's happening at that very moment in his life. And he's an awful public speaker, so communicating to the American people is particularly challenging for him. I don't think he's a great person, but I don't have to believe that he's a terrible human being to think that he's not good at being a President.

Trump University scandal showed us what kind of person he is. He walked in unannounced on naked Miss America contestants, has a long history of ripping off investors and contractors (no legitimate bank will even loan him money), he personally attacked an uncountable number of people on twitter (not politically related either), he's funneled money away from a charity into his own personal businesses, on and on. What more evidence do you need to call someone a bad person?

GW Bush was a bad public speaker, but I never felt he was morally bankrupt like Trump is.

That didn't bother me. It was already a divisive case so I felt like he needed to address it in some form. I didn't find it overbearing.

Trump University scandal showed us what kind of person he is. He walked in unannounced on naked Miss America contestants, has a long history of ripping off investors and contractors (no legitimate bank will even loan him money), he personally attacked an uncountable number of people on twitter (not politically related either), he's funneled money away from a charity into his own personal businesses, on and on. What more evidence do you need to call someone a bad person?

GW Bush was a bad public speaker, but I never felt he was morally bankrupt like Trump is.

I recall him saying that he'd bang his own daughter if they weren't father and daughter. WTF! What type of fucked up person can even let those words leave his lips?

The president is upset millionaires are disrespecting the national anthem, the travesty.

You liberals sure can spin thing's.

Ameicans dont like people disrespecting the national anthem.

Foreigners and people who dont like America, they are right on board

I thought it became more divisive because he took a public stance on it. I think that it would have been otherwise pretty open and shut, but we will never know now.

I wonder how many of these billionaires all play by these same rules. I'm not excusing the behavior because I don't think it's good, but I also don't want to apply a standard that doesn't apply across the group at large.

Meh, every time someone is in power, they are called names and portrayed as the devil. During President Bush's administration, he was supposedly a Nazi that had secret plans to invade Iraq for oil, dupe the American people into endless war so Halliburton could make a buck, and strip us all of our basic rights. President Obama was supposedly a lot of things too. People love to hate whoever is in power if that person is not "their guy." It's just the way it is, and I try not to get wrapped up in the rhetoric.

I thought it became more divisive because he took a public stance on it. I think that it would have been otherwise pretty open and shut, but we will never know now.

I wonder how many of these billionaires all play by these same rules. I'm not excusing the behavior because I don't think it's good, but I also don't want to apply a standard that doesn't apply across the group at large.

Meh, every time someone is in power, they are called names and portrayed as the devil. During President Bush's administration, he was supposedly a Nazi that had secret plans to invade Iraq for oil, dupe the American people into endless war so Halliburton could make a buck, and strip us all of our basic rights. President Obama was supposedly a lot of things too. People love to hate whoever is in power if that person is not "their guy." It's just the way it is, and I try not to get wrapped up in the rhetoric.
Well, business can be dirty but I don't care about that. I only care when they run for and become president.

Well, business can be dirty but I don't care about that. I only care when they run for and become president.
Then honestly, it sounds like you shouldn't vote for a businessman, haha. Politics is just as dirty in my mind, so needless to say, my view of anyone who holds elected office is pretty bleak. I don't know if anyone who seeks power is capable of wielding it responsibly.

A guy shot and killed someone, and the cops let him go home on his own word. I think for the good of the country, some federal presence and an assurance to the family and larger community that they case will be looked into (no conviction promised, of course) is appropriate and very much called for. It is true, though, that whatever the president (any president) does or says will be polarizing (or "divisive") to some extent. Look at how the right reacted to Michelle Obama encouraging healthier eating for kids! One of the most popular figures on the right brought junk food to a school in response.

Look at how the right reacted to Michelle Obama encouraging healthier eating for kids! One of the most popular figures on the right brought junk food to a school in response.

I missed this. What the hell? Lol.

the nfl is completely leftist. it's no wonder they're at odds with the white house. sports and politics need to be separated.

21765215_702555459940705_4464760223680939330_n.jpg

I don't think Trump is racist, democrat, republican, patriotic, unpatriotic, whatever ... ... ... Trump is all about Trump, end of story.

LOL
first and only use of the word I was hitherto aware of was by the Saruman character in Tolkien's "The Two Towers". IIRC he refers to King Theoden as a dotard.
do you think Kim Jong Un reads Lord of the Rings?

Back