Donald Trump is a White Supremacist that is Surrounded by White Supremacists - Jemele Hill

I guess we have to just wait for the Donald to file a civil suit for slander. I bet it's going to happen any second now...
Do you think it will happen before or after impeachment?

In what ways did Trump largely run a campaign based on bringing power back to white people?

Well as I said in another post, Trump made a strong use of racially charged code during his campaign and leading up to it. The whole "MAGA" thing for example is code for a yearning of days when minorities had less representation in the media, pop culture, and politics. Many of Trump's supporters claim that the "liberal agenda" of pushing diversity in these areas is what drove them to vote for Trump.

They feel threatened by an increased representation of minorities in positions of power or influence, especially when they are opposed to the beliefs and viewpoints of those minorities. In Trump, they see a man who would stand against this.

Agree with her hot take or not - you can't have the President of the United States and WH calling for a reporter to be fired.

An ESPN anchor that called President Trump a white supremacist should be fired, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday.

“That is one of the more outrageous comments that anybody could make and certainly is something that is a fireable offense by ESPN,” Sanders said.
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...chor-that-called-trump-racist-should-be-fired

If ESPN had fired her before this statement I could have understood because Hill represents her company ESPN,or if there was a grass roots bouycott/pressure put on the outlet to fire her and the pressure/loss of revenue got to be too much - that would be capitalism at work ultimately

But the President and WH cannot be calling for the firing of a journalist. Even if asked if you believe the reporter should be fired Sanders should have said "We respect the freedom of the press and the first amendment and will not comment on the employment of the individual but of course harshly disagree with the outrageousness of the sentiment expressed. It will be up to her employer to decide anything else".

SHS has basically made her un-firable. Or they made her very rich. If she is fired now she likely has a case to sue the WH, and I'd bet the ACLU would be willing to take up her case if necessary, but a lot of high powered attourney's would work it for a percentage if her eventual award.

No, slander is a legal term, it has specific definition requirements that aren't met here.

Negative opinions aren't slander. Slander is something put forward as unvarnished truth while the speaker knows that it's actually untrue.

Jemele Hill is putting forward her opinion but she's not claiming it as unvarnished truth and she has no knowledge that her statement is actually untrue. It doesn't meet the legal definition of "slander".

Sounds suspiciously lawyerese. I don't buy it. Aren't you an astrologer or something?

This is such a cliche. Or is she the cliche?
Or is it just one big stereotypical cliche?

Last edited:
D-level Boise 2 reporter fired for implying a tow truck driver lived in a trailer vs calling the POTUS a white supremacist.

I'm a fan of Disney parks because they enforce realistic standards and provide outstanding service for the vast majority, but they've somehow managed to make ESPN a channel for snowflakes.
The crazy thing is, Hill was warned twice before and suspended after her Hitler comment in regards to rooting for the Celtics. Still has a job.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/31219-fool-me-onceespn-suspends-jemele-hill

Agree with her hot take or not - you can't have the President of the United States and WH calling for a reporter to be fired.

An ESPN anchor that called President Trump a white supremacist should be fired, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday.

“That is one of the more outrageous comments that anybody could make and certainly is something that is a fireable offense by ESPN,” Sanders said.
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...chor-that-called-trump-racist-should-be-fired

If ESPN had fired her before this statement I could have understood because Hill represents her company ESPN,or if there was a grass roots bouycott/pressure put on the outlet to fire her and the pressure/loss of revenue got to be too much - that would be capitalism at work ultimately

But the President and WH cannot be calling for the firing of a journalist. Even if asked if you believe the reporter should be fired Sanders should have said "We respect the freedom of the press and the first amendment and will not comment on the employment of the individual but of course harshly disagree with the outrageousness of the sentiment expressed. It will be up to her employer to decide anything else".

SHS has basically made her un-firable. Or they made her very rich. If she is fired now she likely has a case to sue the WH, and I'd bet the ACLU would be willing to take up her case if necessary, but a lot of high powered attourney's would work it for a percentage if her eventual award.

They won't fire her and the WH shouldn't have made that comment. And it's college football season - no one is going to boycott espn till Dec.

Your starting from a presupposition that someone needs a plausible foundation for their statements. This is very old fashion and smacks of white western objective patriarchy (the foundation of western civilization) which has taken generations to finally be freed from.

You should move to a non white country. You truly will be free then. I suggest Saudi Arabia or one the fine African countries.

1st it's libel and 2nd wouldn't she have to prove it's true?

1st Yes, yes it is. 2nd. No, no she wouldn't.

There is the notion of defamatory per say - and as for reckless disregard for the truth...a quick google of white supremacist would have shown that Trump can't be one.

It's defamatory per se, and a quick google search wouldn't prove or disprove that.

Sounds suspiciously lawyerese. I don't buy it. Aren't you an astrologer or something?

Pretty sure he's a lawyer.

Leave it to Trumps WH to fuck this up. This admin has 0 tact.

Remember how the US giggled at Clinton, then Bush? And how Obama was untouchable? Well not you can't not shit on the president- and the best part is his admin okays it by announcing stupid shit like this!

There is the notion of defamatory per say - and as for reckless disregard for the truth...a quick google of white supremacist would have shown that Trump can't be one.
Like Trump claiming Obama was born in Kenya even after his BC was produced? Retweeting recently pardoned Arpaio's claim that it was a forgery?

Hill should let Trump grab her pussy, because now ESPN definitely wont fire her after the White House calling it a fireable offense.

Is slander protected under the 1st amendment?
No but the US defines it very narrowly so what would be considered slander in the UK or Canada might not be in the US.

Like Trump claiming Obama was born in Kenya even after his BC was produced? Retweeting recently pardoned Arpaio's claim that it was a forgery?

I thought Trump was off that kick?

I'd say that being born in Kenya isn't defamatory per say; unless you care to make an argument and show damages.

I don't see any other way to view calling someone a white supremacist.

You should move to a non white country. You truly will be free then. I suggest Saudi Arabia or one the fine African countries.
Yes, this would be the true freedom from western civilization based on objective thinking and christian influence. I wouldn't have to put up with stron independent obnoxious christian women that believe Jesus told men to serve and lay down their lives for them.

Back