Donald Trump: Goldman Sachs President

How anybody could think a born millionaire gives a single runny shit about the working man is a mystery.

It is extremely rare. But history has shown it is possible. FDR being perhaps the best example.

There's some evidence indicating that RFK may have been another. Though we will never know with certainty.

And in my experience the "self-made" millionaire is even less likely than the silver spooner to support policies like increased taxes on the rich and expanded public services.

At the end of the day, any working or middle class person is a stone cold fool if they believe a rich lawmaker or cabinet member is concerned about their economic lot in life.

Trump is gonna hire the best people he can get for the job.

It's good you added the "he can get" caveat, because everyone knows these aren't actually the best people for these jobs.

Sadly, there is a lot of accuracy in this assessment. Even more than I had at first suspected.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have yet to see one Sherdogger who supported Trump during the campaign offer even one criticism or express any caution regarding anything Trump has said, or anyone he has appointed, since he won the election.

At best (and this is what I hope) they are in fact feeling massive reservations and a sense of deep dread now, but don't want to express their concerns publicly for fear they will be mocked by those who opposed Trump from the beginning.

Nope. The ones I've talked to; IRL, believe these guys all know how the system is rigged and they're going to un-rig it.

This isn't the first time I've heard this argument. It's a very common liberal talking point.

What they fail to understand is, there is a difference between poaching talent, and receiving millions in campaign funding and speeches.

GS has no actual leverage over Trump. He doesn't owe them a single cent, and if he wants to, he can fire his entire team tomorrow. Hillary on the other hand was fully in their pocket, and would have executed their vision like a good political prostitute.

Also, just because someone works at a company does not mean they share that company's full vision. Steve Bannon is one of the biggest champions of anti-globalism, but he too had worked at GS at one point.

At the end of the day, Trump has the final say. People thought the Republican old guard would own him, people thought he was a double agent for Democrats. Now they think GS will own him because he poached some of their talent.

Same old shit.

Merry Christmas
this is hilarious coming from a trump supporter. during the election trump lashed out ted cruz because his wife worked for goldmen sachs and that he was owned by wall street. all the trump supporters jump on and went yeah, donald, telling the truth!

a year ago. "bankers and globalists are rigging the system! we need trump!" now its "trump hired bankers and gobalists to help unrig the system! trust them!"

Nope. The ones I've talked to; IRL, believe these guys all know how the system is rigged and they're going to un-rig it.

Yes. On behalf of the 99 percent they're all going to fall on their swords and reverse the current, historic levels of upward wealth distribution from which they personally benefit.

this is hilarious coming from a trump supporter. during the election trump lashed out ted cruz because his wife worked for goldmen sachs and that he was owned by wall street. all the trump supporters jump on and went yeah, donald, telling the truth!

a year ago. "bankers and globalists are rigging the system! we need trump!" now its "trump hired bankers and gobalists to help unrig the system! trust them!"

Ted Cruz has received a ton in Wall Street donations, Trump did not lie about that. He was an establishment politician in a similar manner Hillary was. The reason why Cruz got heat was because he received financing from GS to help finance his first Senate bid, and failed to disclose it. Again, you are missing the difference between hiring someone from there, and being in their debt.

As for your second paragraph, you need to understand how the system was rigged in the first place. A lot of corporations who made their first billions in America wanted more growth, and decided to move their operations to countries with lower corporate tax, no minimum wage, and no regulations. What did they do after that? They paid lobbyists to push for things like higher corporate tax, increased regulations and higher minimum wage in America.

This was done to make sure new American start ups or foreign companies would not be able to fill the industrial void they left behind. That's how US got the third highest tax in the world. The moment any new US business makes enough money to be able to leave, they do it.

Undoing this will take a while, and will require people who know what they are doing. While it would be nice to hire people outside of GS, it's near impossible. They really do recruit the best talent. As just an example, my godfathers son was studying economics in Oxford about a decade ago, brilliant kid, his father was a professor of Economy as well in several countries over his lifetime. GS recruited him before he was set to graduate. They find the brightest minds, and hire them before their competitors do. That's one of the reasons they're such an empire. You will need to steal some of this talent from them if you're going to compete with their vision.

The real people who will be upset will be Americans dwindling middle class and the poor so our corporate overlords steal more of their money. So much for trump being for the working man.
I know you want the next four years to be awful and for people to suffer so you can pat yourself on the back and say you were right, but when it doesn't happen I don't want you to cry too much.

I know you want the next four years to be awful and for people to suffer so you can pat yourself on the back and say you were right, but when it doesn't happen I don't want you to cry too much.

Would be no different than what you wanted when Obama got elected.

And I hope the country does well but that won't be the case under trump. He's gonna further crush the middle class here and I've the rich the biggest tax breaks. Typical republican politics

And I hope the country does well but that won't be the case under trump. He's gonna further crush the middle class here and I've the rich the biggest tax breaks. Typical republican politics
Really? What was I expecting when Obama got elected? Please enlighten me.

He's gonna hire all corrupt Wall Street banksters thst crushed our economy in 2008 and he's surrounding himself with all neo cons who only love war.

during the campaigns those two were fully against trump n in camp hillary. now that he won theyre trying to suck up to him n hes willing to work with anybody if he feels he can get a deal done.

personally i rather have someone like trump on my side than working against me

Obama sucks dick. It was confirmed by a crack-head in Chicago.

So, basically, when Trump appoints a GS banker it's because he didn't want to bring a lobbyist on board.

And when he appoints a lobbyist it's because he didn't want to bring a career politician on board.

And when he appoints a career politician it's because he didn't want to bring a GS banker on board.

Way to cover all the swamp-draining bases, Sean.

Just admit that you never had a problem with the Washington swamp. You just don't want the ruler of the swamp to be a "lefty".

"As long as Trump is king of the swamp, the swamp will work for America." - Trumpzis

swamp_hero_lg-.jpg

I believe that is a chinese alligator. Very rare, they are totally extinct in wild.

Zero of Trump's supporters actually cared in any way whatsoever about his hundreds of blatant lies, just like zero of them ever actually cared about anything they accused Hillary of. This was obvious months ago.
It was obvious years ago that you are a lib cuck piece of shit

Good. The main problem with our government is that Goldman Sachs has to pay people off. It's very inefficient and it's illegal, not to mention unethical.

If we just put Goldman Sachs directly into office, it removes a layer of bureaucracy. It shrinks government. It's more efficient and legal. It's a cost-cutting measure. Plus, who doesn't want Goldman Sachs levels of competency helping to Make America Great Again?

Good. The main problem with our government is that Goldman Sachs has to pay people off. It's very inefficient and it's illegal, not to mention unethical.

If we just put Goldman Sachs directly into office, it removes a layer of bureaucracy. It shrinks government. It's more efficient and legal. It's a cost-cutting measure. Plus, who doesn't want Goldman Sachs levels of competency helping to Make America Great Again?
Like Hank Paulsen?

Goldman Sachs has always had a seat at the table. Now Exxon has an official seat too.

Back