Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to actually address this instead of just avoiding it: I posted my natty, 495@190 PR the other day.

My natty numbers were 540/355/605.

You keep skipping those parts and just want to talk about me or being natural.

Okay, then. Stop being a little bitch and address my natty numbers.
I'm going to beat that 495, and do it at seven pounds lighter, and at 49 years old. And DL is my worst lift.

I'm going to beat that 495, and do it at seven pounds lighter, and at 49 years old. And DL is my worst lift.

Beating my PR less than a year into lifting. Huge victory for you!

7 lbs? Wow lol...

Congrats. The deadlift is, by far, my worst lift.

I can't help the you being old part.

Beating my PR less than a year into lifting. Huge victory for you!

7 lbs? Wow lol...

Congrats. The deadlift is, by far, my worst lift.

I can't help the you being old part.
Well, you said originally you were 190-195 pounds bodyweight, which you've conveniently revised to 190. So I'll still beat it, while being under 83kg. You won't man up, so I guess that's the mark to beat.

You understand masters powerlifting and that it's more difficult to gain strength as an old guy, so I shouldn't have to explain that. Gains aren't linear, you know.

Yeah, it's awesome. And I compete where I'm supposed to.

Sorry it upsets you that I'm jakt.

Not at all! in fact, if you weren't such an asshole, I'd probably have some respect for that. As it sits, though... Let's just say one of the nice things about powerlifting is that 99% of the people I've met in the sport aren't twats like you. Supportive, decent, down-to-earth people.

Well, you said originally you were 190-195 pounds bodyweight, which you've conveniently revised to 190. So I'll still beat it, while being under 83kg. You won't man up, so I guess that's the mark to beat.

You understand masters powerlifting and that it's more difficult to gain strength as an old guy, so I shouldn't have to explain that. Gains aren't linear, you know.

IPF Worlds is going on right now. I've been following results, including masters. Have you?

David Ricks is older than you.

Not at all! in fact, if you weren't such an asshole, I'd probably have some respect for that. As it sits, though... Let's just say one of the nice things about powerlifting is that 99% of the people I've met in the sport aren't twats like you. Supportive, decent, down-to-earth people.
One of the nice things about powerlifting is that you don't need other people's blessings to get stronger.

One of the nice things about powerlifting is that you don't need other people's blessings to get stronger.
Right away people were kind and helpful, not full of ego or spite. Maybe it's different where you compete.

Maybe you've never met me and don't know me?
Met you, no. But you have a worse attitude towards someone who's just trying to get stronger and compete for fun than anyone I've met in PL. And if that's just because it's online, it's no excuse.

This is the best back and forth I have seen in a while. Lovin' it.

Has anyone here seen any benefits to hitting one back exercise with each lifting session?

Jim, when would you suggest adding in the hammer curls or reverse curls for elbow pain management?

Has anyone here seen any benefits to hitting one back exercise with each lifting session?
Upper back, lower, or either?

It's hard for me to say definitively, but I think doing upper back work every session helped my benching quite a bit.

Met you, no. But you have a worse attitude towards someone who's just trying to get stronger and compete for fun than anyone I've met in PL. And if that's just because it's online, it's no excuse.

My attitude had nothing to do with your lifting until you made it about lifting. You still continue to make it about lifting. And you're still just trying to play the innocent victim.

IIRC, you were the one who initially tried to talk shit about the lifting aspect. I'm not sure, maybe you just thought I was some weak, inexperienced lifter and you were going to get one over on me. Sorry that didn't go down for you the way you had planned.

Jim, when would you suggest adding in the hammer curls or reverse curls for elbow pain management?

It really depends on your programming. But there no reason you couldn't do something light and easy like rear delt flys at the end of every session for extra volume. Where you'd add something like heavy rows or chins depends, but I might not put it right before a deadlift day (unless there's a rest day in there).

Again, also personal preference. I've read posts from guys who do light hammer curls between every bench set. I used to just find a couple days per week to squeeze them in at the end of a workout. I'd definitely try and do them more than once per week, though, strict sets of 10-15. That being said, try your best to fix the root cause of the elbow pain too. It doesn't make sense to just keep putting a bandaid on it without addressing the real issue.

My attitude had nothing to do with your lifting until you made it about lifting. You still continue to make it about lifting. And you're still just trying to play the innocent victim.

IIRC, you were the one who initially tried to talk shit about the lifting aspect. I'm not sure, maybe you just thought I was some weak, inexperienced lifter and you were going to get one over on me. Sorry that didn't go down for you the way you had planned.
I don't think so. For a guy who likes to be abusive, you sure do a lot of crying. But I hadn't heard "you started it" yet from you. That's new.

By the way, weren't you banned before? Why was that?

I don't think so. For a guy who likes to be abusive, you sure do a lot of crying.

It would take a while, but I'm sure I could find the post.

Crying? Only one of us has dropped the boo-hoo "stop picking on little old me" line, homie.

@MatterOverMind , sorry, I meant to say upper back. I think I am going to try to up the frequency, I too feel like it carries over to bench.

@JimRussel , good call on the rear delt flys, I'll add them in at the end of each session. I'll be able to add hammers a couple times a week. I think the elbow might have something to do with my shoulder, it's a work in progress.

Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back