Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped visting when I felt you were miles better than me. Fucker.
Better, as in you can only do around 10 or so reps with my bench and squat maxes?

I don't visit any logs that post weights in kg.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't visit any logs that post weights in kg.

lol I still can't "think" in kg. I have to convert every time, although I'm getting quicker at that. When they invent chips to augment our brains, I'm going to make sure to add in the kg-to-lbs module.

Classic.

@belph Sorry to hear about your woes bruh. As a person who drinks to fix everything, I wouldn't recommend it.

@NurseKnuckles Honestly with the upcoming transition it will be months before I have a good squad again

s'all good Dan. Maybe one day we can do something. I guess that would go for anyone else who trains with a team. I'm always looking at ways to compete and raise some money for charity.

My after school program took a big step forward last night. I met with a manager at GoodLife. She was super on board with my idea. Looks like they will give me a cost to host the kids for one hour and run a Powerlifting 101 twice a week. Now I'm waiting on the kitchen for the cooking classes they run down the hall. I can rent the space, but I asked if they can help sponsor the rental. Anyway, waiting on that ask. Jesus, if this happens I can write my grant proposal, and start shit sooner than I thought.

@NurseKnuckles
Yeah dude who knows. By this time next year we may be able to convoy an event up there and build a CF thing.

Congrats on the progress with the after school program !!

Better, as in you can only do around 10 or so reps with my bench and squat maxes?

Too be fair, you're lighter, much prettier. And definitely more athletic. Plus tanner.

You're better haha.a

So I got contacts today. I regret waiting, shits tight. The best benefit of this? Not getting called a hipster for my hat+glasses combo. Now I'm just a d-bag.

So I got contacts today. I regret waiting, shits tight. The best benefit of this? Not getting called a hipster for my hat+glasses combo. Now I'm just a d-bag.
I really don't think I could wear contacts - I'm quite squimish when it comes to eyes and things touching them. Even taking eye drops is a fuss. I wear glasses but only for work and reading etc.

I don't think I could ever wear glasses.

As a matter of fact, I have a bit of short-sightedness since I was 12. When first diagnosed, the doc prescribed glasses and told me a scare story that if I didn't wear them my short-sightedness would get progressively worse. I wore them for a week then threw them away.

What took you so long, @belph-bear?

I need glasses to read. I couldn't read the Lego imprint on the bocks the other day... Starting with the cheaters you can buy at Costco.

I really don't think I could wear contacts - I'm quite squimish when it comes to eyes and things touching them. Even taking eye drops is a fuss. I wear glasses but only for work and reading etc.

It's never bothered me, weirdly enough I still react though. So it's gonna take some getting used to

I don't think I could ever wear glasses.

As a matter of fact, I have a bit of short-sightedness since I was 12. When first diagnosed, the doc prescribed glasses and told me a scare story that if I didn't wear them my short-sightedness would get progressively worse. I wore them for a week then threw them away.

What took you so long, @belph-bear?

First time purchasing my own eyewear. My mother just preferred me having glasses as a kid.

First time purchasing my own eyewear. My mother just preferred me having glasses as a kid.
Sometimes I forget just how young you are...

How old are you now? 20? 22?

Sometimes I forget just how young you are...

How old are you now? 20? 22?

I turned 23 this past January. It doesn't feel that long ago I logged on for the first time. Buncha crazy fuckers in the main forum back then.

I'm interested in deadlift and deadlift accessories (In for a summer challenge of some sort)

I turned 23 this past January. It doesn't feel that long ago I logged on for the first time. Buncha crazy fuckers in the main forum back then.
You were underage back then. Time flies.

If you're already 23 you may be old enough for laser eye surgery. Practically all of my friends who used to wear glasses/contacts have done that by now and all of them are glad they did. I'd look into it.

Pens look good again this year. It helps that they breezed through and will get the winner of Caps/Leafs which looks to be a tough series. It sucks that Montreal won their division and was rewarded with the NY Rangers. That said, I'd rather lose to NY than the Leafs!

I feel like the seeding structure needs work in the NHL playoffs. I don't get how the Caps and Pens play each other in the second round, that should be a conference championship series IMO.
I don't get how Pens (second best record) has to face the Jackets (third best record) and then the Caps (best record). Yeah Montreal got a bad first round draw, too many Metro teams did so good this year.

I feel like the seeding structure needs work in the NHL playoffs. I don't get how the Caps and Pens play each other in the second round, that should be a conference championship series IMO.
I don't get how Pens (second best record) has to face the Jackets (third best record) and then the Caps (best record). Yeah Montreal got a bad first round draw, too many Metro teams did so good this year.

The Metro division ruined everything this year! You wouldn't expect the top 3 teams in a conference to all come from the same division. The Western conference is more typical.

Back when they had 3 divisions per conference and the winner of each division automatically got one of the top 3 seeds occasionally you had the winner of a weak division getting the 3rd seed when their pointS total out them in 7 or 8th spot. *Shrug* no system is perfect but I like that they've gone back to the 80s style where you win your division, then the conference, then the Cup.

Third day in a row that my cat brings a half-dead sparrow in my house to play with (i.e. kill slowly and painfully).

She's sho cute.^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back