Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Dan O is there some way you can set-up a live remote competition? Wondering if this is possible whether your crossfit team wants to participate in Lift for Kids? You know, set up big screens or something.

I didn't realize you had a CF Event. Or do you want them to do the lifts?

Pens on to the second round fairly easily over the BJ's. They had an amazing year, stinks for them they didnt even get home ice in the first round with that point total

I didn't realize you had a CF Event. Or do you want them to do the lifts?
I don't yet. But I've asked CF Brockville to run the Superhero event at Lift for Kids. Basically a clean and press comp and the athletes dress up as superheroes. Kids should love it!

So what I'm asking is that if there is a way we can live stream another CF team, we might have something here. You collect money for your big brothers and we do the same here. Unless there's no big brothers. You can pick a children's charity or whatnot... Anyway something to think about.

I have a meeting tomorrow with a few guys who want to start a Strength Sport Charity Network. I'd like to bring ideas like this to them and try to get these going.

So had my first rugby practice last night.

The team has three squads, a Men's Team (18+), Old Boys (35+) and Women's team. The practice yesterday combined the men's and old boys. HOLY FAAAAACK! My lungs are on fire, and a feel like I used to feel after 2-3 heats of 400m racing back in the day. I loved it though. I totally suck at the sport, and will likely only succeed if I get open space to run. But the guys are cool, and I'm definitely hoping I can commit.

We should get a summer challenge going. Something squat related.

Normally its a combination like Press and Squat or something. I wanna grow my wheelz, so maybe there could be a percentage of growth comp or something...

Weekend plans pub?

I was meant to be having a "boys night in" with my eldest son tonight - sleeping downstairs, snacks, movies, games etc, but he has been badly behaved today so that's not happening now. Instead I will be sharing a bottle of red wine with my girlfriend.

Tomorrow I'm taking the kids and meeting up with some friends for an all you can eat breakfast, and will then probably pop and see my mum. Steak is on the cards for tomorrow night and then weights on Sunday.

Sunny and dry this weekend means the bike's coming out. I'll also take the dogs to the park. And time to prep the garden for planting. Hopefully I'll only be inside to eat and sleep.

Weights tonight, then drinks with friends. Wife got her hair done so likely get on that, then meeting tomorrow with potential for Pro Wrestling training, breakfast at Denny's then might convince the wife to let me go to rugby practice, but I doubt that'll happen. So likely stay in, watch hockey and drink whiskey! Sunday maybe weights, not sure.

Weights tonight, then drinks with friends. Wife got her hair done so likely get on that, then meeting tomorrow with potential for Pro Wrestling training, breakfast at Denny's then might convince the wife to let me go to rugby practice, but I doubt that'll happen. So likely stay in, watch hockey and drink whiskey! Sunday maybe weights, not sure.
Pro wrestling training? Cool,whereabouts? Lot of legendary pro wrestlers have come out of Canada.

I live close to Kingston. There's a guy there who's involved with pro wrestling and he's one of the people involved in this Strength Sport Charity collective we're trying to organize. He suggested we talk, leg drop each other then eat.
I just don';t know how much time I'll have. Saturdays are pretty sacred for me.

How's the timing on this to fuck up a Saturday? T-ball opening ceremony/parade at 9 AM, T-ball pictures at 1:30 PM, and T-ball game at 4:30 PM. I don't think you could ask for a worse spread.

How's the timing on this to fuck up a Saturday? T-ball opening ceremony/parade at 9 AM, T-ball pictures at 1:30 PM, and T-ball game at 4:30 PM. I don't think you could ask for a worse spread.
What's T-ball?

IMG_1155-for-web.jpg

We actually give them three strikes before they go to the tee though.

Just left my job after 13 years (14 years if you count my time there as a student). It was pretty hard to say goodbye to some of the people. I'd like to say I'll keep in touch but I'm terrible at that sort of thing. At least there's Facebook to keep some sort of remote contact....

New job starts next Wednesday though, working at a bank now instead of a software company. It will be a totally different vibe for sure. More money though which means my wife can stay home after maternity benefiits run out, which was the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back