Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was everyone’s weekend? I woke up fairly sick this morning.
Hey! Me too! I medicated myself last night with Neo-Citran, Nyquil and oil of Oregano. Slept well. Will repeat tonight after clinic hours, of course.

Weekend was pretty cool. I spent Saturday at a Fundraiser my clinic helped to sponsor. We had the MPP and MP there to donate money. Was really good exposure for our clinic. I've spent very little money on Marketing and so this was our first push. Seemed to go over very well with the community.

Sunday was quiet. Felt kinda run down. Lots of running around to do for the kids in the afternoon, but had a few moments to pop into the vinyl store, which was awesome!

I really like their sound. And the early recording was fuckin' dope. Like stopped me in my tracks and I had to have it, dope!

I like that sound - stuff like Yardbirds, The Sonics, The Fabulous Wailers, etc. I was in a band that covered The Sonics and The Yardbirds.

Made a visit to my doctor, during my last two physicals I was sent for an ECG because my RHR is low for a man of my stature, clocking in around 40BPM. Told everything is hunky dory. Now getting ready to head to a job interview. I can worry about how shitty I feel later.

I like that sound - stuff like Yardbirds, The Sonics, The Fabulous Wailers, etc. I was in a band that covered The Sonics and The Yardbirds.
Yardbirds were amazing. I had/have an old German pressing of a greatest hits from the 70's. I am missing a box of vinyl (likely at my parents' place) and its in there. If you have a chance, the Animals album is called The Early Animals with Eric Burdon, its puke green cover has salamanders, snakes and a croc on it. Pretty cool. Amazing how good the music can sound from early 60's straight off the board.

Made a visit to my doctor, during my last two physicals I was sent for an ECG because my RHR is low for a man of my stature, clocking in around 40BPM. Told everything is hunky dory. Now getting ready to head to a job interview. I can worry about how shitty I feel later.
What are your symptoms?

Pretty sure it’s a bronchial infection, to which I am predisposed. I get it about once a year.

Pretty sure it’s a bronchial infection, to which I am predisposed. I get it about once a year.

We've been seeing a lot of dudes with respiratory infections at the clinic. I suppose it has to do with it being worth their while to step out of the house for a few moments and pay $25 to get a prescription. The alternative for them is to sit in emerg, which no one wants to do, or take time off work to see their doc.

We've been seeing a lot of dudes with respiratory infections at the clinic. I suppose it has to do with it being worth their while to step out of the house for a few moments and pay $25 to get a prescription. The alternative for them is to sit in emerg, which no one wants to do, or take time off work to see their doc.
This will pass without intervention soon, as it always does.

How was everyone’s weekend? I woke up fairly sick this morning.
Weekend was OK. I'd been feeling under the weather during the week, including on my birthday, but felt better for the weekend. Was my girlfriend's birthday, and we then went to her niece's 18th birthday party in the evening. Felt better enough to tuck into some of my new birthday whiskies, which was nice.

Weekend was OK. I'd been feeling under the weather during the week, including on my birthday, but felt better for the weekend. Was my girlfriend's birthday, and we then went to her niece's 18th birthday party in the evening. Felt better enough to tuck into some of my new birthday whiskies, which was nice.
A strong whiskey is a good solution for a head cold and some mild congestion.

Speaking of illnesses, I have to get my tonsils pulled next month. They say it's really rough as an adult.

Too late to wish you good luck, I suppose. So, how'd it go?

What line of work are you in?
Retail Store Management. Interview went really well. They called be about an hour after to tell me that the location we discussed may not be the final placement, which was great news, as I didn’t want to move into rural Manitoba.

Yeah do it: whisky, add hot water, sugar, honey and squeeze some lemon in there.

I do something similar. But I put rum, orange juice, honey and lemon into a pot and heat it up on the stove, then drink.

Not sure if it works or not, but it goes down smooth and it's an excuse to drink

I wish I needed to get mine pulled. Tonsil stones are a pain in my ass.

The new standards to get them pulled are ridiculous. I had strep throat 5 times in the last 15 months. They now want you to have some form of a sore throat or strep in one of the following situations: 7 times in one year, 10 times in 2 years, or 4 times in 3 years. I think it has more to do with insurance than anything else.

Retail Store Management. Interview went really well. They called be about an hour after to tell me that the location we discussed may not be the final placement, which was great news, as I didn’t want to move into rural Manitoba.
Flin Flon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back