Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an hour to an hour and a half of TV before bed every night. Besides fights, that's about all of the time I get. I don't know how people have time to follow sports like football.

If I record a football game I can get through in about a half hour or so, same goes for baseball. Unfortunately not as much down time in fights.

If I record a football game I can get through in about a half hour or so, same goes for baseball. Unfortunately not as much down time in fights.

When it comes to sports, I might throw the hockey game or (these days) curling in the background if its on and I'm spending time at home in the evening with my middle guy. I never think to record games though.

I'll make time to watch the NCAA football National Championships, March Madness games, NHL Playoffs, CFL Playoffs and Grey Cup, F1 on Sunday mornings on occasion with my son.

Last edited:
@Oblivian is right, there has been a real shift in the quality of TV shows since the introduction of Netflix and other online streaming services. You can tell a much more complex and interesting story with ten 1 hour episodes (for example) than with a single 2 hour movie.

I also don't have time to sit and watch a long movie so breaking something into 45-60 minute chunks is perfect for evening watching.

@DrBdan I honestly think you could have taken the same cast and made a 10 part mini series for the story of NWA. Would have made it much more interesting. There would have been more interesting options too with spin offs, prequels, sequels and soundtracks. But again what do I know? I don't have 40 years experience as a movie critic.

Last edited:
@DrBdan I honestly think you could have taken the same cast and made a 10 part mini series for the story of NWA. Would have made it much more interesting. There would have been more interesting options too with spin offs, prequels, sequels and soundtracks. But again what do I know? I don't have 40 years experience as a movie critic.

That would have been pretty cool, but I won't take your opinion seriously since you're not official.

Has anyone Watched the first episode or two of the Waco miniseries on Paramount Network? It was a pretty big deal in the news, but I was too young at the time to really give a shit about that sort of thing. I am also recording a series on A&E about it, that seems to be more of a documentary style. I watched the ESPN OJ Doc and the FX drama back to back, pretty cool contrast.

I just remember the military style shit happening. It was always on TV. I remember feeling terrible for the children who lost their lives for this. And I think the government agents used some sort of gas to try to smoke them out. The big controversy was who started it, right?

OJ was everywhere man. We even stopped history class to watch the verdict.

I think it was a "who shot first" situation. I remember bits and pieces and remember the phrase "Wacko in Waco".

The whole OJ thing was unreal, crazy how a celebrity murder case could take over the media the way it did.

I think it was a "who shot first" situation. I remember bits and pieces and remember the phrase "Wacko in Waco".

The whole OJ thing was unreal, crazy how a celebrity murder case could take over the media the way it did.

Yeah, that was an incredible phenomenon and really showed the power of the 24hour news cycle.

Remember the days when it was 6pm and 11pm? And the news was mostly the shit that mattered? We're so inundated with shit from all over the world that means little to our existence. But you're told to care, and so we do, and so we forget about what's going on in our own back yard.

Now before I get beaten by the liberal olive tree branch I do understand that sometimes we need to step in as a species. There is bad shit going on in this world.

I do my best as a human to care for my community.

I'd argue that the West has a habit of stepping in when we shouldn't and not stepping in when we should. NK you are very right that on a personal level you can make a much bigger difference locally than globally.

But yeah, the 24 hour news cycle is so prevalent that you can forget its a fairly recent phenomenon. And then social media just adds another fucked up layer to it.

I agree with your first statement. I often wonder who's benefiting when decisions are made to get involved.

Who's excited for a military parade?
I hope they make bright red "Make America Great Again" flags.

What's the point of the parade?

Anybody watch The Cloverfield Paradox? It was surprised dropped on Netflix after the Super Bowl.

My thoughts...
I thought it was pretty good. Similar to Sunshine and Event Horizon but not as good as either. Plot is a bit messy and the tie-in to Cloverfield has very obviously been tacked on after-the-fact. Still worth a watch since you don't have to pay for a movie ticket (assuming you already have Netflix). It can't decide if it's a horror movie or a Sci-fi movie and ends up being okay at both.

What's the point of the parade?

Anybody watch The Cloverfield Paradox? It was surprised dropped on Netflix after the Super Bowl.

My thoughts...
I thought it was pretty good. Similar to Sunshine and Event Horizon but not as good as either. Plot is a bit messy and the tie-in to Cloverfield has very obviously been tacked on after-the-fact. Still worth a watch since you don't have to pay for a movie ticket (assuming you already have Netflix). It can't decide if it's a horror movie or a Sci-fi movie and ends up being okay at both.

I started to watch Cloverfield. I didn't finish it. I guess there's a wider story line to this thing?

Yeah I didn't finish Cloverfield either JJ Abrams has basically taken unrelated two movies and changed them to fit into the Cloverfield universe. 10 Cloverfield Lane was a solid movie and Cloverfield Paradox was an enjoyable watch but nothing special. In both you could totally tell what had been added to tie it into the Cloverfield universe (because those parts were basically unrelated to the main storylnie).

Also: weighed 208.3 lb this morning. Down 15 lb this year. Fuck yeah. We had pizza on Saturday night for the first time since the Xmas holidays and it was soooo good. Eating less junk makes the junk taste like such a good treat.

Yeah I didn't finish Cloverfield either JJ Abrams has basically taken unrelated two movies and changed them to fit into the Cloverfield universe. 10 Cloverfield Lane was a solid movie and Cloverfield Paradox was an enjoyable watch but nothing special. In both you could totally tell what had been added to tie it into the Cloverfield universe (because those parts were basically unrelated to the main storylnie).

Also: weighed 208.3 lb this morning. Down 15 lb this year. Fuck yeah. We had pizza on Saturday night for the first time since the Xmas holidays and it was soooo good. Eating less junk makes the junk taste like such a good treat.

That's great Doc! I'm still hovering around 86-87Kgs during the day. I've been eating way less meat these days. Like almost none except chicken and fish maybe one or two meals a week. My wife, the kids (well, Miles anyway) and I have been having fun trying new recipes. I've made it a point to be together on the evenings when we're all home to prep and cook together.

I started Cloverfield again last night but didn't make it through. Pump went in the basement and so I had to run to Home Depot and replace it. Fuck me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back