Donald Cerrone As A PPV Headliner

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Try hard cowboy.we get it already that gimmick is so old.

And? What are the actual numbers? What about PPV buys? I highly doubt the gate or the PPV buys are high enough to call D. Cerrone a PPV draw.

He's not popular enough to be the main draw but there is no question he has plenty of name value to be a B-side for a fight with Conor. Assuming we do get Tony vs Khabib next, Cowboy probably sells more ppv's as Conor's B-side than anyone else outside GSP or the trilogy with Nate. Conor vs Poirier or the winner of Lee/Al wouldn't sell as well as Conor vs Cerrone.

Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva Lol

Then Hendo vs Shogun did 300k+

ufc 139 was 8 years ago 300k was a lot back than. you really think all the dumb conor fans know who hendo and sogun really are.

The UFC should abandon the audience research that they do and just pay attention to people in internet forums who will get every UFC event no matter who is on it.

There's a reason Cerrone hasn't headlined a PPV event, he's not a draw and he's 35 and very unlikely to ever fight for a UFC title. His only chance is if he can talk himself into a Conor fight and even then Conor is the draw and not him.

He doesn't have to be a champion in order to headline a PPV bud. I

Nunes sold 10k tickets at UFC 224...that's SOO bad for a champ

that a shit ton of tickets most arenas hold like 15k people.

he headlines fights nights all the time that how he a draw.

So you can't see a difference between the free to air events and PPV ones? Be serious.
I'll watch Cerrone for free but I'm not paying for it.

So you can't see a difference between the free to air events and PPV ones? Be serious.
I'll watch Cerrone for free but I'm not paying for it.

if people didn't want to watch him fight he not be a main or co main on fight nights all the time.

He co mained WEC Faber vs Aldo with Benson Henderson. Probably didn't get ppv points tho

I still think Cowboy won that fight and deserved the interim WEC belt. Moot point since Bendo tapped him out quick in the rematch.

Apparently being a Conor fan makes you unaware of who anybody else is. When the fuck did I say 300k was bad? Back then 300k was average, now 300k is considered "really good" Shogun and Henderson are legends and never did I say they did bad.

You're a shit house who can barely speak english and you're randomly aggressive for no reason. Nunes fanboy getting mad for no reason LOL

That's not a shit ton of tickets and you proved exactly why

The Rio Olympic Center holds 15k people, and a BRAZILIAN CHAMPION was only able to sell 10K tickets. Most UFC PPVs are sold out arenas.

for the record im team khabib

so what % of the tickets sold in the pepsi center did cowboy sell.

Cerrone is not a draw and he unfortunately always lost when facing the best of the best.

Just look at his career;

.When he first signed to the UFC, he went on a 4 fight winning streak, was given a big fight against Nate Diaz and lost.
.He then wins a fight against Jeremy Stephens and head kicks Melvin Guillard.
.He was given an opportunity to fight Pettis, which at the time was a N.1 contender fight. Pettis stopped Cerrone with a body kick and went on to win the belt against Benson Henderson.
.Cerrone then wins one against K.J Noons, loses one against RDA then goes on a 8 fight winning streak, finishing 5 and beating fighters like Barboza, Alvarez and Henderson. This was prime Cerrone.
.He is awarded a title shot against RDA and loses the fight via TKO in the first round.

The rest is history, when Donald was given the opportunity to shine he always fell short.

yeah of course you're a khabib fan you big shit house. Apparently being a Khabib fan means you're a hardcore MMA fan who has been watching since UFC 1 right? Or....it means you just hate Conor.

Instead of asking me about the % of the tickets sold by Donald, lets take a look at the Yancy fight where Donald sold the same amount of tickets as Nunes did for a NON TITLE - FIGHT NIGHT event... LOL

prove that.

no ive been a die hard ufc fan since ufc 92.

I don't like conor cause he held the ufc hostage for 2 years ducking khabib and never defending any belt

I think he’s popular and he’s been around long enough that they could get away with him vs. Woodley headlining...as in people won’t be more mad than usual.

Prove what?

You're a shit house just accepted it

Little hypocritical to hate Conor for exactly what Khabib is trying to do...lemme box Floyd! Who's Tony Ferguson?

Sounds like a champion that wants to defend his belt right?

khabib already defended his belt and Floyd is the one saying to tmz who is so credired media saying there a fight with khabib signed.

if tony hadn't lost to a power cord they would of already finally fought.

when the nsac says there only being fined than the ufc can figure out when conor vs khabib 2 is happening.

It still boggles my mind that out of all these insane fights donald has been in, he's never headlined a PPV...

It isnt like we can use the excuse that he's never been in a title fight, because he has. That RDA fight was on free TV

Donald is a huge name in MMA and I hope his first PPV headliner is against Conor

1e37be28e342494acfed6ad0a01c8827.jpg

i mean holy shit, this guy calls himself a cowboy but he isn't bluffing. He really rides horses and wears the hat. I think he'd be a PPV lock of around 200k-300k depending on who he fights

instead, we get Amanda Nunes headlining cards that should be on free tv

How many buys would Conor Cowboy do? I say around 1.7 million

you're absolutely right. cowboy has created an image that should be really marketable and easy to sell. yet the ufc hasn't tried to capitalize on it. I mean the guy came up with the cowboy nickname, the hat and even owns a ranch that other ufc fighters train at. hes also probably the most active and winningest fighter of all time. UFC has been dropping the ball on making this guy a star for YEARRRRRS.

he's also really really active and does a lot of cool shit. he's the man

ufc didn't really market stipe as a fire fighter until stipe recently started complaining about it, they still don't market DC as a family man. UFC really doesn't do a lot of athlete marketing.

Hell they even killed sponsorship, one of the ways athletes were able to stand out and increase their marketability.

Outside of Ronda and Francis Ngannou (For UFC 220), most UFC athletes have had to sell themselves, including Chael Sonnen, Conor, Colby Queefington. Even Pettis's getting the wheatie box years ago was all thanks to his agent.

It seems most of the company's profits go to Dana's fat wallet or to building performance institutes.

UFC needs an athlete marketing department. Right now it's just Dana White. And the man has a lot on his plate 24 hours a day. He has a family, he has other shit he's working on. UFC really needs to hire a full-time staff dedicated to building athletes' brands

Last edited:
cant knock Tony for not showing up because Khabib missed weight and got injured before two of the 4 fights

whats worse? Getting injured (uncontrollable) or missing weight (controllable) ??

when did khabib step on a scale and hit 155.1 vs tony.

the iv ban rule is why the other fight was pulled.

Back