Donald Cerrone As A PPV Headliner

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

It still boggles my mind that out of all these insane fights donald has been in, he's never headlined a PPV...

It isnt like we can use the excuse that he's never been in a title fight, because he has. That RDA fight was on free TV

Donald is a huge name in MMA and I hope his first PPV headliner is against Conor

1e37be28e342494acfed6ad0a01c8827.jpg

i mean holy shit, this guy calls himself a cowboy but he isn't bluffing. He really rides horses and wears the hat. I think he'd be a PPV lock of around 200k-300k depending on who he fights

instead, we get Amanda Nunes headlining cards that should be on free tv

How many buys would Conor Cowboy do? I say around 1.7 million

He is not a draw.

Amanda Nunes is not headlining UFC 232.

Cerrone don't care though. If UFC were to put his bout as the first fight that you could only watch through Fight Pass it would make no difference to him. He's been the co main event plenty of times though.

Cerrone is a gatekeeper.

If you beat him, you're ready for top 5 competition. If you lose, back of the line junior.

Cowboy does 150k buys, tops.

What's a true shock is that Platinum Mike Perry hasn't headlined a PPV yet. He'd be top 5 in terms of producing buys: (1) Conor, (2) Ronda, (3) Brock, (4) GSP, (5) Platinum Mike Perry

when was the last time UFC did a UFC ppv without a championship main eventing either other than Conor Diaz?

EDIT: Just rememberer Whitaker Romero 2 was not a title fight. and Romero Rockhold was only a title fight for Rockhold

Cowboy is good for TV cause the casuals know and like his style... Not sure how a PPV would go but anything with Mcgregor will sell.

says who? You see the crowd reaction he got in Denver? He gets that same reaction EVERYWHERE he goes

hes definitely a star
He doesn't sell. What was the gate for his fight woth RDA? A crowed cheering doesn't indicate you being a big draw. It just means he put on a good performance. He's gotta start bringing in numbers before he's headlining PPV's.

If the UFC thought he was a draw they would've already put him as a headliner.

He co mained WEC Faber vs Aldo with Benson Henderson. Probably didn't get ppv points tho

It still boggles my mind that out of all these insane fights donald has been in, he's never headlined a PPV...

It isnt like we can use the excuse that he's never been in a title fight, because he has. That RDA fight was on free TV

Donald is a huge name in MMA and I hope his first PPV headliner is against Conor

1e37be28e342494acfed6ad0a01c8827.jpg

i mean holy shit, this guy calls himself a cowboy but he isn't bluffing. He really rides horses and wears the hat. I think he'd be a PPV lock of around 200k-300k depending on who he fights

instead, we get Amanda Nunes headlining cards that should be on free tv

How many buys would Conor Cowboy do? I say around 1.7 million

he was riding bulls before mma.

nunes is a champion cowboy wasn't stop hating.

ufc knews how much the fans love cowboy that why he headlined a lot of fighting or fox events to use for rating.

says who? You see the crowd reaction he got in Denver? He gets that same reaction EVERYWHERE he goes

hes definitely a star

yes an stars are used to headline fight nights and foc cards or comain on ppvs. which he been a lot.

The gate for Cerrone RDA was higher than the gate for Tyron Woodley vs Darren Till
And? What are the actual numbers? What about PPV buys? I highly doubt the gate or the PPV buys are high enough to call D. Cerrone a PPV draw.

dude what the fuck are u saying LOL who cares if he was riding bulls before MMA that has nothing to do with the thread at all

Didn't hate on Nunes but her last two PPVs have been terrible (100k, 85K)

I think Cerrone vs my grandmother would do 85k PPV buys.

you said he really is a cowboy and help prove that.

nunes is a champion and cowboy isn't.

cowboy likes fighting so often he doesn't care about main eventing ppvs or being a champ. he couldn't fight 6 times a year if he won a belt.

The UFC needs to start doing more Free TV title fights - aka Nunes fights

Gate has nothing to do with being a star its literally based on how much the tickets costed / how many tickets were bought

If the arena has 40K seats of course the gate is going to be higher than an arena with 5K seats.

I obviously can't compare PPV buys I just think they should have at least tested Cerrone once on PPV

na ppv with title fights are fine. I just don't focus so much on who sells what. I want to see good fights.

Back