Donald ceronne...

So what’s his deal?

Seems like a dude who has made a lot of money and is content to be a perineal bridesmaid and never a bride. Is this guy just fighting for money? Do people think he’s actually ever going to get another shot and actually win a belt?
Would he be better served going to a Bellator and try and winning a championship there or is he happy to just be a gatekeeper?

Also, and this is way off topic..but when is he gonna drop this cowboy gimmick? I grew up in the midwest and though I’m not a cowboy, I know a lot of REAL
cow-folk and Donald don’t look like he can operate a chisel plow or tie a boom-hitch.

The dude just loves to fight. He's openly talked about how nervous he gets before fights. I don't think being a champ suits him and I honestly don't think he really cares. He just wants to fight and make good money doing it.

As for the cowboy "gimmick", you realize he use to be a bull rider, he still owns (or at least I think this is the case) some bucking bulls, he's constantly involved in PBR stuff, and he lives on a literal fucking ranch, right?

I don't think his persona is near the gimmick that you want to believe it is.

6c40023e-713c-3bc4.jpg

Cowboy likes fighting. It’s pretty simple. Almost no fighter will be champ. Should they all just give up?

So what’s his deal?

Seems like a dude who has made a lot of money and is content to be a perineal bridesmaid and never a bride. Is this guy just fighting for money? Do people think he’s actually ever going to get another shot and actually win a belt?
Would he be better served going to a Bellator and try and winning a championship there or is he happy to just be a gatekeeper?

Also, and this is way off topic..but when is he gonna drop this cowboy gimmick? I grew up in the midwest and though I’m not a cowboy, I know a lot of REAL
cow-folk and Donald don’t look like he can operate a chisel plow or tie a boom-hitch.

The day he stops battling hangovers prior to and after fights is the day we'll take him seriously.

Cowboy likes fighting. It’s pretty simple. Almost no fighter will be champ. Should they all just give up?
No they shouldn’t but most fighters have championship aspirations and it seems that Donald’s only aspirations are fighting and making money.

The day he stops battling hangovers prior to and after fights is the day we'll take him seriously.
Right! The fact that most his opponents know that the way to beat him is to kill his body and walk him down says volumes about his inability to change and take his shortcomings seriously.

1:30 here. it's not from TUF, but it's the same speech.

Nice, thanks again just saw it and boy is he right. Chael is a smart dude and cool of him to say that he dealt with those issues himself.

though TS comes off as a bit of a dick (if you didn't know that you are TS, then take that statement i just made to heart - you can word your thoughts better), but he asks a decent question about making money in this sport.
  • Woodley demanded a short cut to a title shot. now get gets points.
  • Aldo didn't sell PPV's, so his points never turned into extra money. but he got very good show and win money, just not A Silva money.
  • Bisping was smartest IMO, but not necessarily repeatable (being a good all around fighting from the UK while UFC was breaking into the UK market) - he purposely fought low ranked fighters after each loss to keep his stock up. climbed up the ladder 6x. very good career management.
  • whereas Weidman kept fighting top 5ers and lost 3x in a row.
  • Nate Diaz negotiated hard, twice. Nick Diaz negotiated hard twice too (GSP & A Silva).
  • Mendes negotiated hard, once (v Connor)
  • Couture negotiated hard every chance he got.
and Cowboy fights for pretty good money 3,4,5x a year. and he's now got a reputation such that his stock doesn't go down after losses.

lots of different ways. Cowboy found the way that works best for him. and wouldn't work for most others.
Damn bro...wasn’t trying to be a dick just asking some questions but I thought you were spot on...my bad fam. I’m sorry ma dude jeez..
<mma1>

Back