Don "The Dragon" Wilson vs Billy Blanks

Choose your early-90s action icon

• Billy Blanks

• Don "The Dragon" Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.
When you are a real fighter (Unlike most of these action cans) you run the risk of getting KTFO

Yeah, I mean, I get it.

I think the actual KO part was more of an accident than anything since I'm pretty sure that's a point match, but I do know that Billy was a highly-respected point fighter and he did get out there into a competitive setting and test his martial arts skills.

Maybe it was a bit of a cheap shot to post that vid, but there's just something about the way that KO goes down that amuses me. Everything about the body language suggests predator vs prey and then the way that Billy just falls back like he got chopped down by Paul Bunyan is kind of hilarious. It reminds me a bit of when Barboza knocked out Terry Etim.

I've been watching a lot of Bill Wallace stuff lately. Dude was awesome.
Bill is a machine. I am a big Don fan but Jean Yves Theriault is incredible. Being a Canadian I especially like Jean. He is one too look into aswell

Bill is a machine. I am a big Don fan but Jean Yves Theriault is incredible. Being a Canadian I especially like Jean. He is one too look into aswell

Allow me to share a couple of my favorite highlights with you. Not sure if you've seen either of these but I've watched both of these a ton of times.

Allow me to share a couple of my favorite highlights with you. Not sure if you've seen either of these but I've watched both of these a ton of times.

Very nice. I have seen both actually. Steve Vick is just insane.

Here is a great one of Jean if you have not seen...Like you I have watched this tons of times, Vick I have watched a lot aswell

Very nice. I have seen both actually. Steve Vick is just insane.

Vick was incredible.

It seems that he actually has been trying to promote himself lately. I noticed that he has a YouTube channel with a lot of his stuff and he also had a modern highlight produced, which actually looks like it might have cost him some money.

Not sure if you've seen this.

Here is a great one of Jean if you have not seen...Like you I have watched this tons of times, Vick I have watched a lot aswell

I've seen some of his highlights but not that one. Pretty cool. He seemed to have a great ability of mixing his kicks in with his punches.

Did you ever watch the WCL? It's was kind of like a reincarnation of the old American Kickboxing. It's a shame they didn't make it more than three seasons.

Yeah, I mean, I get it.

I think the actual KO part was more of an accident than anything since I'm pretty sure that's a point match, but I do know that Billy was a highly-respected point fighter and he did get out there into a competitive setting and test his martial arts skills.

Maybe it was a bit of a cheap shot to post that vid, but there's just something about the way that KO goes down that amuses me. Everything about the body language suggests predator vs prey and then the way that Billy just falls back like he got chopped down by Paul Bunyan is kind of hilarious. It reminds me a bit of when Barboza knocked out Terry Etim.

Here is the entire fight. I know it was probably not your intention but the video you posted made it look like Billy was knocked out instantly

Here is the entire fight. I know it was probably not your intention but the video you posted made it look like Billy was knocked out instantly

It's interesting to note the different forms that point fighting can take.

This looks a lot like the kind of point fighting that guys like Michael Page and Raymond Daniels used to do, but it looks different from modern WKF karate or JKA karate.

Yeah, I mean, I get it.

He went down like this guy.

Vick was incredible.

It seems that he actually has been trying to promote himself lately. I noticed that he has a YouTube channel with a lot of his stuff and he also had a modern highlight produced, which actually looks like it might have cost him some money.

Not sure if you've seen this.

I've seen some of his highlights but not that one. Pretty cool. He seemed to have a great ability of mixing his kicks in with his punches.

Did you ever watch the WCL? It's was kind of like a reincarnation of the old American Kickboxing. It's a shame they didn't make it more than three seasons.

Interesting about Vick...He retired very young. And yes Jean Yves had incredible boxing for the time/sport. WCL was Norris promotion? I remwmber seeing some re-runs years ago on Fight Network.

Interesting about Vick...He retired very young.

I actually just found an interview with him. Says he fought for 11 years. Was ranked #2 for four years. Then finally won the belt.

Once he won the belt, he felt like he didn't have any more gas in the tank and never stepped into the ring or even the gym again.

WCL was Norris promotion? I remwmber seeing some re-runs years ago on Fight Network.

Yeah. I have a rip of Season 1 and it's pretty cool stuff. It's a lot more entertaining to me than Glory is. You know that's where Stephen Thompson and Raymond Daniels cut their teeth early in their full-contact careers.

I actually just found an interview with him. Says he fought for 11 years. Was ranked #2 for four years. Then finally won the belt.

Once he won the belt, he felt like he didn't have any more gas in the tank and never stepped into the ring or even the gym again.

Yeah. I have a rip of Season 1 and it's pretty cool stuff. It's a lot more entertaining to me than Glory is. You know that's where Stephen Thompson and Raymond Daniels cut their teeth early in their full-contact careers.

Interesting interview with Vick...It is fun but GLORY is the best man. K-1 is coming full circle though they are picking up a lot of steam in Japan and getting bigger...
But man oh man nothing beats the golden years of K1.

Interesting interview with Vick...It is fun but GLORY is the best man. K-1 is coming full circle though they are picking up a lot of steam in Japan and getting bigger...
But man oh man nothing beats the golden years of K1.

Glory is the best?

Nah, fuck all that.

I mean, it's cool and all, but the fights just tend to be SO boring a lot of the times. Mostly just boxing and leg kicks.

Glory is the best?

Nah, fuck all that.

I mean, it's cool and all, but the fights just tend to be SO boring a lot of the times. Mostly just boxing and leg kicks.

Yea I love Glory. I love all Kickboxing and a lot of other kickboxing orgs but Glory is one I watch a lot

Yea I love Glory. I love all Kickboxing and a lot of other kickboxing orgs but Glory is one I watch a lot

Have you heard of Karate Combat? It's new. They've only done two events.

It's full-contact karate with takedowns allowed (no groundwork, just the takedown + 5 seconds of standing GnP).

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you heard of Karate Combat? It's new. They've only done two events.

It's full-contact karate with takedowns allowed (no groundwork, just the takedown + 5 seconds of GnP).

Yea Bas Rutten was talking about it recently on Joe Rogan podcast

Back