Don "The Dragon" Wilson vs Billy Blanks

Choose your early-90s action icon

• Billy Blanks

• Don "The Dragon" Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.
This seems like something I need to see.

It's by no means among his better work. Just interesting premise in hindsight. It was really before the modern vampire-hunter genre took off.

Last movie I saw with him was called Sci-Fighter

:rustled:

I had forgotten about that travesty. Thanks for reminding me.

Oh fuck now I remember that Cynthia Rothrock was in that movie too!

<Ellaria01>

Tae Bo is the greatest martial arts system ever created, so I’m voting Blanks.

I

:rustled:

I had forgotten about that travesty. Thanks for reminding me.

Oh fuck now I remember that Cynthia Rothrock was in that movie too!

<Ellaria01>

Apparently more recently he was in Scorpion King 4.

I bet at this stage of his career he looked at that as a pretty big role in a high-profile film. I'll need to watch it now.

scorpion-king4-dw-740x400.jpg

Apparently more recently he was in Scorpion King 4.

I'm still attending therapy over Scorpion King 3 so I never moved on the the fourth one. Heard it was supposed to be better, though.

!?

Even though you are on an MMA forum and after 8000 matches Kung Fu has never once worked in the UFC?

It's hard to say how much Kung Fu Don was really using in his fights--especially considering that Kung Fu is a very broad term--but I did read a quote from Don where he said he got into kickboxing because so many people were talking shit and saying Chinese styles don't work in real fights.

I guess since I posted a vid of Billy getting KOd early I should also post a vid of him doing something pretty sweet.

Nice move here. Timestamped.

Tae Bo ruined Billy's reputation after VHS direct to video movies.
At least Don became a UFC commentator after VHS direct to video movies, which actually boosted his reputation.

When it comes to 90's B-list karate dudes, I always was a fan of Mark Dacascos.

LOL, I saw Double Dragon in the theater when it came out.

Tae Bo ruined Billy's reputation after VHS direct to video movies.

I'd be a hypocrite to hate on Tae Bo honestly.

Not only did it make Billy millions of dollars, but I even have a Tae Bo DVD and it's a pretty good workout. Not a bad way to kill 40 minutes if you're trying to lose weight.

Where is @Falconkick? Seems like he'd want to get in on this.
Hells yea I do. Don is the fucking man the guy knocked out Branko Cikatic, even after Cikatic broke the rules multiple times and fucked up Dons knee.

He beat Thai fighters on their turf, also beat guys like Dirk Kimber, Dennis Alexio, Dewey Cooper, Mike Winkeljohn and fought a draw with Jean Yves in front Jean's home crowd..

His front side kick was quicker than most guys jabs. He is a legend and has been in some pretty entertaining martial arts flicks in the 90s.

I have Billy a good bit behind Don in all respects.

While I watched King of the Kickboxers a handful of times back in the day, and Showdown was a decent low-budget rip off of Karate Kid, I was never in love with his movies. I did always enjoy Bloodfist though, but more importantly Ring of Fire is one of my favorite martial arts movies of all time. Unlike a lot of movies from that era, that's one that I can still go back and watch today and enjoy, even though I've probably seen it 30+ times.

Then you add in Don Wilson's kickboxing career and that really puts him over the top.

You go to YouTube and look for Don Wilson videos and you find him handing out defeat to Eric "The Eliminator" Sloan.

And while I know that Billy was a legit karate tournament competitor, it's kind of unfortunate for him that you look him up and one of the first results is him getting KTFO'd in the most ridiculous fashion.

When you are a real fighter (Unlike most of these action cans) you run the risk of getting KTFO

When it comes to 90's B-list karate dudes, I always was a fan of Mark Dacascos.

Mark's cool.

I have no desire to watch it today, but I loved Only the Strong as a kid. Drive was also a pretty good movie and I liked him as a villain in Cradle 2 The Grave (even though he sadly under-used in that film).

LOL, I saw Double Dragon in the theater when it came out.

Me too. It is truly a terrible movie. An embarrassment for all involved.

Hells yea I do. Don is the fucking man the guy knocked out Branko Cikatic, even after Cikatic broke the rules multiple times and fucked up Dons knee.

He beat Thai fighters on their turf, also beat guys like Dirk Kimber, Dennis Alexio, Dewey Cooper, Mike Winkeljohn and fought a draw with Jean Yves in front Jean's home crowd..

His front side kick was quicker than most guys jabs. He is a legend and has been in some pretty entertaining martial arts flicks in the 90s.

It's unfortunate that American/Full Contact Kickboxing is pretty much dead now.

Those were fun days.

It's unfortunate that American/Full Contact Kickboxing is pretty much dead now.

Those were fun days.

There was a lot of great fighters from those days. Very fun matches, dudes in flashy pants kicking ass

Back