Don the Dragon (Kung Fu) vs Boxer, ( 4 leg kick maxium) .

D9d4F5.gif
a little

this is mesmerizing.

The guys was actually legit. He could box a little as well and had solid punching power:

Very fast kicks too.

The guys was actually legit. He could box a little as well and had solid punching power:

Very fast kicks too.

Still.. The official American Kickboxing rules had to be changed to stop average boxers from dominating.. So this was an upset. I dont know which rules were implemented in this fight but it didnt seem to matter

Edit: The rules were American Kickboxing but with 4 leg kicks possible per round.

it didn't look as if this Jimmerson stod a chance anyway.

Last edited:
Wilson was the best light heavyweight kickboxing competitor at the time, Jimmerson was NOT the best LW Boxer. . But would Michael Spinks have a bigger chance with his style to beat Don? I dont think so..

Wilson was the best light heavyweight kickboxing competitor at the time, Jimmerson was NOT the best LW Boxer. . But would Michael Spinks have a bigger chance with his style to beat Don? I dont think so..

u cant even kick space time y r u so judgemental and expert?

Yeh, but it is continous, instead of stop every point, and they wear gloves.

Thats why it was invented. To allow full contact to the face they concidered gloves the only option. Kyokushin competitions made the compromise to prohibit face punching altogether but keep it bare knuckled to preserve traditions. Japan outlawed bare knuckled face punching so it was either gloves or no full contact. But Kyokushin rules never caught on outside of that branch of Karate

Very fast kicks too.

Very nice skillset but this is 100% kickboxing and why not. I guess Kung Fu was better to market at that time. More exotic, but look at his punches. Really pretty clean boxing technique.

Very nice skillset but this is 100% kickboxing and why not. I guess Kung Fu was better to market at that time. More exotic, but look at his punches. Really pretty clean boxing technique.

But I disagree that he has a limb advantage. You can discount his hands against a boxer, so its in reality kicker vs puncher

I don't get you pal, one day you're all pro-boxing, next day you're "boxing is crap", [insert style here] obliterates boxing

Make up your mind bud

Don the Dragon is an actual person with a defined style and skill set, the boxer in this equation could be anyone- don would do way better against an out boxer than he would a swarmer

Very fast kicks too.

I came across this video a long time ago to learn how to throw hooks. is it very different from a boxing hook?

I came across this video a long time ago to learn how to throw hooks. is it very different from a boxing hook?

I dont see a difference. He is telegraphing it to show the students how biomechanics work as this is obvious a beginners seminar with most people having no clue about punching and only know TMA movement.

. It certainly looks unorthodox from a form perspective. Boxing is not as rigid about these things as TMA but there are still principles..

Last edited:
I don't get you pal, one day you're all pro-boxing, next day you're "boxing is crap", [insert style here] obliterates boxing

Make up your mind bud

I have always been consistent about Boxers slaughtering American style Kickboxers as a general principle. It's the low kick kickboxing rules where one can argue that it breaks apart, but I was mostly arguing from the devils advocate perspective

I have always been consistent about Boxers slaughtering American style Kickboxers as a general principle. It's the low kick kickboxing rules where one can argue that it breaks apart, but I was mostly arguing from the devils advocate perspective

But havent we left that era behind us. Thats why MMA is such a great development. Every style can prove itself and refine itself against others. I always thought these style vs. style discussions back then tiresome and MMA really opened up everyones mind like Genki Sudo always said.

A great example imo was Machida vs Shogun. It looked like a near pure Karate vs. MT fight and was a fantastic display of different styles.

If I want to know how my kickboxing game with low kicks translates into fighting a boxer I just search for the right opponent under MMA rules and voila. Imo Wilson today would be a good MMA fighter with a changed up kicking game to fight of the threat of a takedown.

Back