Don the Dragon (Kung Fu) vs Boxer, ( 4 leg kick maxium) .

The black guy was timid, black people can be superstitious sometimes had he fought back it would have been just like any other white vs black striking match

I don't think Jimmerson is representative of all top level boxers.

Well no shit, b/c top level Boxers were making a shit ton more money than Kickboxers at that time...all the way up to the present time. Don Wilson probably made $2,000 to $3,000 for that fight and Mike Tyson had like $400 million in cash when he got out of jail for rape. Think Mike Tyson would have fought in Kicboxing and get his leg torn up by leg kicks for $3k?

I have never in 3 years of sparring had any trouble with lead leg sidekicks. Not saying they don't serve a purpose but to lose to it????

That just depends on who you've been sparring with and how hard you go.

A boxer is well conditioned to take far more power accumulation than that.

This is just dumb.

Well no shit, b/c top level Boxers were making a shit ton more money than Kickboxers at that time...all the way up to the present time. Don Wilson probably made $2,000 to $3,000 for that fight and Mike Tyson had like $400 million in cash when he got out of jail for rape. Think Mike Tyson would have fought in Kicboxing and get his leg torn up by leg kicks for $3k?

That just depends on who you've been sparring with and how hard you go.

This is just dumb.

You said yourself that lead leg sidekicks are comparable to Jabs in boxing. Those are your words. How many boxers get tech koed from Jabs??

You said yourself that lead leg sidekicks are comparable to Jabs in boxing. Those are your words. How many boxers get tech koed from Jabs??

You're an idiot. There are different power levels of sidekicks for different purposes. Now I'm starting to think that your "3 years of sparring" has been vs. women & children, ha.

You're an idiot. There are different power levels of sidekicks for different purposes. Now I'm starting to think that your "3 years of sparring" has been vs. women & children, ha.

I have sparred a Serbian full contact champ in Kickboxing and he did not waste time on those point kicks unlike the rest of the TKD guys who had zero killer instincts

How is that a Kung fu guy vs a boxer? This is a kickboxer vs a boxer in a kickboxing match. A kickboxer beating a boxer in a kickboxing match is one of the least shocking things I have seen.

Also the rules back then were weird.

One of these side kicks to the body was scored as a KD like you would in boxing whereas in modern kickboxing this would have just been scored as a push. In boxing any pu nch that leads to a KD is a KD but in modern kickboxing a kicks that just pushes you down isn't apparently back then they just used the boxing way also for kickboxing bouts.

How is that a Kung fu guy vs a boxer? This is a kickboxer vs a boxer in a kickboxing match. A kickboxer beating a boxer in a kickboxing match is one of the least shocking things I have seen.

One of these side kicks to the body was scored as a KD like you would in boxing whereas in modern kickboxing this would have just been scored as a push. In boxing any pu nch that leads to a KD is a KD but in modern kickboxing a kicks that just pushes you down isn't apparently back then they just used the boxing way also for kickboxing bouts.

Don the dragon is a kung fu guy who entered Kickboxing bouts. Simple as that. Read his bio

They introduced kicking requirements because pure boxers crushed above the waist kickboxers. Thats how superior boxers were in American Kickboxing.

Don the dragon is a kung fu guy who entered Kickboxing bouts. Simple as that. Read his bio

Wikipedia says he trained karate.

So he is a kickboxer with a karate background still not a karate guy and much less a kung fu guy. Art Jimmerson was his 67th kickboxing bout........How much more of a kickboxer should he be? if he wasn't 99% of all K-1 fighters That was in his 12th year as a pro most fighters don't even compete that long.

He beat Maurice Smith in a kickboxing bout year before and right after beating Jimmerson he beat fucking Branko Cikatic that guy was a monster in K-1 and Wilson beat him. 99% of all kickboxers couldn't beat Wilson apparently he was an elite kickboxer so how should a boxer beat him in a kickboxing bout?

So he is a kickboxer with a karate background still not a karate guy and much less a kung fu guy. Art Jimmerson was his 67th kickboxing bout........How much more of a kickboxer should he be? if he wasn't 99% of all K-1 fighters That was in his 12th year as a pro most fighters don't even compete that long.

He beat Maurice Smith in a kickboxing bout year before and right after beating Jimmerson he beat fucking Branko Cikatic that guy was a monster in K-1 and Wilson beat him. 99% of all kickboxers couldn't beat Wilson apparently he was an elite kickboxer so how should a boxer beat him in a kickboxing bout?

Its in the fucking first sentences of wiki: "He stated that he was a kung fu stylist who saw an opportunity to put his skill to practice, as there was no full contact kung fu (competitions)

Its in the fucking first sentences of wiki: "He stated that he was a kung fu stylist who saw an opportunity to put his skill to practice, as there was no full contact kung fu (competitions)

Ok looking through his wiki it states his brother trained him in kung fu. It wasn't even the first martial arts he did which was karate nor was it even close to the one he trained the longest. He compete throughout 4 deacdes in kickboxing if he isn't a kickboxer no one is.

Well Roy Nelson did Kung Fu and gets introduced as a Kung Fu fighter as well so i guess he is one as well. Congrats to Jon Jones for being the first Look-see-do MMA world champion apparently that's the best martial art ever. 100% chance of becoming an ATG champ statistically speaking

Don did pai lum kung fu before training with bill wallace I believe.

Don did pai lum kung fu before training with bill wallace I believe.

If we trust Wikipedia (only thing I know about this guy) he was trained in it by his brother while in college. Before that he did karate and apparently competed in it and after a short while he started competing in kickboxing

The black guy was timid, black people can be superstitious sometimes had he fought back it would have been just like any other white vs black striking match
lol black people are superstitious and thats why he lost? Don Wilson is half white half japanese btw.

Ok looking through his wiki it states his brother trained him in kung fu. It wasn't even the first martial arts he did which was karate nor was it even close to the one he trained the longest. He compete throughout 4 deacdes in kickboxing if he isn't a kickboxer no one is.

Well Roy Nelson did Kung Fu and gets introduced as a Kung Fu fighter as well so i guess he is one as well. Congrats to Jon Jones for being the first Look-see-do MMA world champion apparently that's the best martial art ever. 100% chance of becoming an ATG champ statistically speaking

A kickboxer is presumably a dude who was trained in a kickboxing gym by a kickboxing trainer.

lol black people are superstitious and thats why he lost? Don Wilson is half white half japanese btw.
D9d4F5.gif
a little

A kickboxer is presumably a dude who was trained in a kickboxing gym by a kickboxing trainer.

He did train kickboxing in a kickboxing gym you wanna tell me did a David Carradine and simply trained Kung Fu when he beat Maurice Smith or Branko Cikatic? I don't know much about him but know enough from the clip in this thread and his Wiki to reaonably assume that he trained kickboxing.
@Jimmy Jazz said he trained with Bill Wallace it doesn't get more kickboxing than that

I have sparred a Serbian full contact champ in Kickboxing and he did not waste time on those point kicks unlike the rest of the TKD guys who had zero killer instincts

You obviously suck and he was taking it easy on you.

Congrats to Jon Jones for being the first Look-see-do MMA world champion apparently that's the best martial art ever. 100% chance of becoming an ATG champ statistically speaking

hhaha how the fuck you know all 'dis?

Back