Don Jr. Preaches on Twitter re: Net Neutrality

O

Overtures

Seen this? Don Jr. out there spreading the gospel. I myself am not too keen on the consequences of repealing net neutrality (am I keen on anything, though, besides my level of poverty?). Here's the thing, isn't the repeal going to foster competition and keep internet fees low? Aren't ye old brethren of the right supposed to be excited about just this type of thing?

I'm against the repeal because it seems as though a lot of people more knowledgeable than me are strongly against it, specifically people in the tech world. Sure, it's bad to blindly fall in step behind people on policy issues like this, but this seems like a low risk position to take. Things don't seem all that broke right now, and you know what they say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/net-neutrality-donald-trump-jr-085600835.html

PS: Have you guys seen that video of the guy in gold pants dancing on the trailer? It's the best thing. Someone post it.

If it was the repeal of regulations on a young industry, it might foster competition. However, we're talking about an industry with already entrenched monopolies of distribution. The framework these companies created to be effective during net neutrality are what will allow them to become mob bosses now.

%2521%2Ba%2BMEDIA%2B%25282%2529.png

If it was the repeal of regulations on a young industry, it might foster competition. However, we're talking about an industry with already entrenched monopolies of distribution. The framework these companies created to be effective during net neutrality are what will allow them to become mob bosses now.

What the fuck does that even mean, though?

No Little Don, we understand quite well that burying everything in antitrust is a great way for the ISPs to have it their way and for us to go fuck ourselves. We really do "get" that.

Seen this? Don Jr. out there spreading the gospel. I myself am not too keen on the consequences of repealing net neutrality (am I keen on anything, though, besides my level of poverty?). Here's the thing, isn't the repeal going to foster competition and keep internet fees low? Aren't ye old brethren of the right supposed to be excited about just this type of thing?

I'm against the repeal because it seems as though a lot of people more knowledgeable than me are strongly against it, specifically people in the tech world. Sure, it's bad to blindly fall in step behind people on policy issues like this, but this seems like a low risk position to take. Things don't seem all that broke right now, and you know what they say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/net-neutrality-donald-trump-jr-085600835.html
Deregulation will just allow them to divvy up the space even more and totally put the screws to the consumer.

What the fuck does that even mean, though?
It means they are so far ahead in consolidating their regional territory that this is just the shackles coming off. It'd be like saying repealing minimum wage laws would improve job growth. Maybe, but really company's like Wal-Mart have already won, they'd just be running up the score.

But the companies have promised they won't do anyone dirty!
Don't you people have any faith in our corporate masters?

Trump is draining the swamp, so we're safe for sure!

Whether you like John Oliver or think he's the Antichrist this is a pretty good segment on net neutrality

Isn’t this whole issue essentially

Big internet provider companies

Vs

Internet giants like Facebook, YouTube...

Big internet companies want to cash in more on all the traffic Facebook n YouTube get for free

Vs

Big internet companies want to cash in more on all the traffic Facebook n YouTube get for free

Yes and no.

They can essentially hold these websites at gunpoint and force them to pay or else they'll slow down usage so much that the website becomes unusable. Kind of like what they did to Netflix in 2015.

That fucks the consumer and websites.

However, we both get doubly fucked as they could also double dip and force consumers to pay extra for usage of specific high traffic websites.

Vs

On the contrary it benefits those big corporations because they are bigger than the ISPs so threatening to throttle them may not work.

Its the startups who are fucked and can be extorted.

So the idea here is that websites with a lot of traffic eat up ISP's bandwidth, so now those ISP's can charge the websites that consume a lot of bandwidth a fee?

Vs

It's the isps, who should already be looked at for antitrust anyway, against everyone else. They have to give the giants like youtube and their small, upstart competitors the same.

people act as if this is a war against human knowledge. but in reality, the knowledge part is safe and the entertainment part is what is up for debate.

first world problems.

Last edited:
On the contrary it benefits those big corporations because they are bigger than the ISPs so threatening to throttle them may not work.

Its the startups who are fucked and can be extorted.
Yeah, if anything Google and Facebook will have a lot more power now. ISPs can't touch them, any service that doesn't load Youtube or Facebook quickly enough will be deemed shit.

Now internet giants can't effectively bury their competition because they have a lot more bargaining power when negotiating with ISPs. Can't say the same for whoever tries to go up against them.

TS think about this like the early days of cable TV as this gifts many of the same cable companies a do.over on those oligopoly powers and profits. The good old days.

You get service bundle X which includes the following Y services bundled in. Those bundles are controlled by the big content providers since they kick back enormous money to the ISP and those content providers who cannot afford to pay to play with ISP are left out or ridiculously expensive as stand alone add ins.

Once upon a time it was even hard for channels like Discovery and Nat Geo to compete as they could not crack into the old school cable bundles. And those channels have big backers.

TS think about this like the early days of cable TV as this gifts many of the same cable companies a do.over on those oligopoly powers and profits. The good old days.

You get service bundle X which includes the following Y services bundled in. Those bundles are controlled by the big content providers since they kick back enormous money to the ISP and those content providers who cannot afford to pay to play with ISP are left out or ridiculously expensive as stand alone add ins.

Once upon a time it was even hard for channels like Discovery and Nat Geo to compete as they could not crack into the old school cable bundles. And those channels have big backers.

The good thing is that this decision can very well be reversed further on.

Unless the GOP finds a way to subvert the institution of the FCC like its subverting everything else.

Back