Social Don’t join this year’s Women’s March unless you’re good with anti-Semitism

There is nothing progressive about bronze age thinking. It's a conservative principal. It seems to conserve 2000 year old social norms. Progressives are about moving forward.

Do you not know what these things mean?

And yet you have Linda Sarsour leading this left wing movement. Meanwhile she’s universally denounced by the right. And Sarsour far from the only example. Are you imagining that you can somehow sweep this glaring fact under the rug?

Which is worse, being accused of CP or being anti-Semitic? I'm not even sure at this point. Both weaponized

I'm known to dabble in Anti Semitic CTs from time to time

This is why massive marches and protests are complicated and sometimes a bad idea. I'm sure 99.9% of the women at the women's march had no idea who this woman was, and they were obviously not there to support that woman. They were there to express their distaste for the President's rhetoric towards women and to show some sense of unification.

It was also not just liberal women, it was women from all over the spectrum. The march was near where I live so I knew lots of people who were there. It was not just a collection of Vagina hat wearing Liberals that Sherdog has made it out to be. The people that I know who attended were very successful professionals, making 6 figure salaries, with a range of political beliefs.

They were not there marching alongside anti-semites, they were marching along with regular people. There were not large groups of anti-semites there demonstrating or anything remotely close to that. The Richard Spencer comparison the OP seemed kind of out of place to me. At Richard Spencer marches (like "Unite the Right") there are actually groups of anti-semites, KKK, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, etc, there demonstrating. That is an entirely different environment.

And yet you have Linda Sarsour leading this left wing movement. Meanwhile she’s universally denounced by the right. And Sarsour far from the only example. Are you imagining that you can somehow sweep this glaring fact under the rug?

No, it would seem there is a left wing issue (specifically women's rights) that she cares deeply about. There are conservative issues (religious law) that she seems to care about as well.

I'm socially pretty progressive, but I'd consider myself conservative on some fiscal policy.

Also, I'd probably debate the "universally" part of that. There were a lot of classic conservatives who took part in those marches. Not a majority, but plenty. I'd also bet there are plenty of religious conservatives who would support her positions on Israel and Islam. Particularly if they didn't know who public personality those opinions came from.

Last edited:
No, it would seem there is a left wing issue (specifically women's rights) that she cares deeply about. There are conservative issues (religious law) that she seems to care about as well.

I'm socially pretty progressive, but I'd consider myself conservative on some fiscal policy.

I think there’s a pretty strong divergence between the “left” that you’re conceiving in your ideals and the actual historical left. That real world movement has shown a persistent susceptibility to authoritarian impulses and this current flirtation with Islamists is yet another example

do you even read articles any more or just randomly say dumb shit? The article is about some crazy ass radical (i.e. far RIGHT) muslim chick saying pro islamist, anti-jew shit. If anything, your suggestion would make her happy and go down well with the audience in Pakistan.

I doubt a bunch of ignorant and hysterical women being obnoxious and wearing pussy hats would go over well in Pakistan even with the anti-Semitism.

I think there’s a pretty strong divergence between the “left” that you’re conceiving in your ideals and the actual historical left. That real world movement has shown a persistent susceptibility to authoritarian impulses and this current flirtation with Islamists is yet another example

Like I said, the left needs to own up to the commies, but the bronze age bed time stories as a system if government is all conservative.

Gee thanks for the advice. Now my pussyhat will stay at home.

Like I said, the left needs to own up to the commies, but the bronze age bed time stories as a system if government is all conservative.

So the left needs to own communism but the right needs to own these leaders of the women’s march who they vehemently oppose but the left welcomes, embraces and elevates? You’re being silly

This is some pretty damning stuff. It looks like two of the women leading the women's march are blantantly anti semitic. Anyone want to support this?

https://nypost.com/2018/11/04/dont-join-this-years-womens-march-unless-youre-good-with-anti-semitism/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons
“Don’t join this year’s Women’s March unless you’re good with anti-Semitism”

This is how fearful cowards persuade others. With fear mongering. The only motivator they have because fear owns these people.

On feminist issues, I'll agree, this woman seems to lean left. Pushing religious law and anti-Semitism are conservative values. The fact that she wears a pussy hat won't change that.

Pushing religious law is certainly something long associated with the right, but anti-antisemitism is found equally on the right and left and pretty much always has been. It's very easy to find left wing anti-antisemitism these days, and that seems to be growing.

I guess the founder had enough with antisemitism:

Women’s March Founder Asks Co-Chairs to Resign over Anti-Semitism, Anti-LBGTQIA Sentiment
The founder of the Women’s March has called on the movement’s current co-chairs to resign over anti-Semitic rhetoric and bigotry, just days after Linda Sarsour suggested American Jews have dual loyalties, CNN reported Monday.

http://www.thetower.org/6869-womens...gn-over-anti-semitism-anti-lbgtqia-sentiment/

The more political news I read from the US, the more I understand how dangerous it is to criticise Israel over there.
In the land of free speech, criticising a foreign nation can get you labelled a racist and have the hound dogs sent after you to silence you into submission.

Sarsour is a nothingburger, can't believe there are still people crying over her.

Back