Dominick Reyes vs. Jared Cannonier Added to UFC Fight Night: Chile

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Cool to see Reyes back in action. One of the best prospects at 205.

Cool to see Reyes back in action. One of the best prospects at 205.

And still trains with small gyms. All his BJJ/wrestling is with Joe Daddy and his guys (mostly amateurs and some pros) and striking at the Bullet Hole in Victorville. Funny enough Dom has achieved way more than his older brother (Alex Reyes) in a shorter amount of time.

And still trains with small gyms. All his BJJ/wrestling is with Joe Daddy and his guys (mostly amateurs and some pros) and striking at the Bullet Hole in Victorville. Funny enough Dom has achieved way more than his older brother (Alex Reyes) in a shorter amount of time.
I'm always weary of this but I guess it works for some guys. He's talented and I'd really like to see him at a more top level gym.

Alex is the older brother? Hahah shit, I always assume bigger=older. Poor Alex got fed to Perry.

Alex is the older brother? Hahah shit, I always assume bigger=older. Poor Alex got fed to Perry.
Yea Alex is older. Dom was a football player who almost made the pros then did MMA after to make money basically. Alex started training at like 16 with Joe, left Joe and opened his own place. So basically Alex choose MMA, lived it for 10+ years and Dom comes in and reaches the UFC faster, although Alex had a offer a while but but was in the middle of rehab.

I'm always weary of this but I guess it works for some guys. He's talented and I'd really like to see him at a more top level gym.
Yea I worry that there is a low amount of big guys for Dom to train with here but I am sure he gets it at other gyms. SoCal has tons of MMA gyms.

EDIT
Just realized he does camps also at elevation.

Last edited:
Sweet, I don't know what to make of Cannonier anymore, his last fight wasn't impressive losing 2 rounds only to wait in the last round to do something.

I always think Cannonier is too small for LHW, but apparently he fought at HW.

I always think Cannonier is too small for LHW, but apparently he fought at HW.
He did but your first instinct is correct. He is a very small LHW but has good power so he kinda gets away with it. I believe he mentioned dropping down at some point

Yea I worry that there is a low amount of big guys for Dom to train with here but I am sure he gets it at other gyms. SoCal has tons of MMA gyms.

EDIT
Just realized he does camps also at elevation.
Ah, good to hear he spends time at Elevation as well. That's a good camp.

I was shocked that Cannonier lost to Jan Balchowicz, that was really surprising. I expected Cannonier to blow him out the water.

Dominck Reyes gonna knock cannonier out. Im a fan of both but I watched Reyes come up in LFA so I gotta root for him.

Great fight. Reyes is a future champ he will finish Cannonier.

Interesting fight. Should be an easy win for Reyes.

This is a big, big step up for Reyes. He faced two very, very limited fighters in his first 2 Ufc fights. Hes a talented guy but Cannonier is by far, like light years, the best fighters hes ever faced

Reyes already has 2 head kick KO victories in only 8 fights.

KT5QVqG.gif

But Cannonier is probably a better striker than anyone Reyes has fought.

This will be a good fight to see where both men stand in this wide open division.

If Reyes is smart,,he'll shoot for takedowns over and over. Cannonier is very one dimensional.

Yea Alex is older. Dom was a football player who almost made the pros then did MMA after to make money basically. Alex started training at like 16 with Joe, left Joe and opened his own place. So basically Alex choose MMA, lived it for 10+ years and Dom comes in and reaches the UFC faster, although Alex had a offer a while but but was in the middle of rehab.
Oh ok

Back