Dominick Cruz is the greatest mind in the sport

Kemeticsoul

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After listening to him recently explain his fighting style and philosophy on MMA on JRE, I've got to consider his fight IQ right on par with McGod.

I have a feeling, if he can stay healthy, Cruz comes back with more motivation and proper adjustments, he beats Nolove or any other challenger with relative ease.

Agree or disagree and why........

Last edited:
*Cruz
dxXkeVl.gif

Disagree, but you do have valid points. Not a big fan of Cruz nor his style. I prefer fighters that engage their opponent and fight rather than dance. JMO, nice to not have to agree without being nasty about it.

After listening to him recently explain his fighting style and philosophy on MMA on JRE, I've got to consider his fight IQ right on par with McGod.

I have a feeling, if he can stay healthy, Cruze comes back with more motivation and proper adjustments, he beats Nolove or any other challenger with relative ease.

Agree or disagree and why........

I was impressed with him on jre also. I never really liked him but that show somewhat changed my opinion

He's in his 30s now and has several injuries. Nope.

The rest of his career will probably go like Cro Cop's after the OWGP and Eddie Sanchez fight.

Dom has always been one of most cerebral fighters in the sport. It also adds greatly to his analysis in the booth. Love him or hate him, he is good for the sport.

Dom has always been one of most cerebral fighters in the sport. It also adds greatly to his analysis in the booth. Love him or hate him, he is good for the sport.

I started out hating him. After watching him on JRE I love him.

Ironically, he would be the perfect father for Nolove. Literally.

He's an interesting character too.

I went from a hater to a big fan.

usada should put sherdog users in the testing pool

Does that make Cody Garbrandt the greatest mind in the sport now then? Because he "out-Cruzed" Cruz for the majority of five rounds (one of which was a 10-8) and took his title. It was MMA''s equivalent of someone managing to outbox Mayweather for the majority of 12 rounds and earning an unanimous decision over him.

Beyond all that, DJ is the only fighter whose fight IQ equals (or comes close to equaling) Cruz's in the general sense. lol @ puttiing Conor at the top of that list.

He's not as smart as he thinks he is and highly intelligent people aren't impressed with him.

You can tell someone's intelligence from how they take a loss. Dom knew right away he wasn't ready for a rematch, where as most hardheaded MMA fighters would jump at the rematch after a loss.

Dom has all the skill sets to beat Cody. And I think he will work Cody in the rematch.

Disagree, but you do have valid points. Not a big fan of Cruz nor his style. I prefer fighters that engage their opponent and fight rather than dance. JMO, nice to not have to agree without being nasty about it.
Disagree without being nasty? You're on the wrong site brother ;)

Back