Dolce Says George Lockhart Has Been Ruining Our MMA Cards

Lockhart might be a genius, but on Rogan's podcast he sounded like he had no idea what he was doing.

He barely talked on that podcast it was all Rogan and Coach Kavanaugh lol

He also has a gravely voice and its hard to understand him, sounding like a guy who smoked Marlboro since the age of 10
he took up 80% of the time you inbred

Lockart looked so bad on JRE.

He would mumble a sentence and then say a keyword like glycogen in a louder voice to try and cover up his nonsense.

Looked into his claim that coffee is better post workout than pre because is speeds up restoration of muscle glycogen by up to 30%. Well the one study which saw this benefit involved giving athletes 500mg of caffeine post workout, which exceeds the daily recommendation of 400mg just in one dose. Not very applicable to most people and the authors of the study cautioned that the side effects of such a large caffeine dose may outweight the benefits because some subjects reported difficulty sleeping afterwards. So his claim that everyone is going on about coffee pre workout, but coffee post workout is even better is dubious at best because you would have to drink 5 cups of coffee to see the benefits and he doesn't specify that you need to drink this much. 100mg of caffeine has does not help muscle glycogen recovery rates, not even 250mg... it has to be at least 500mg.

He sounded pretty bad and this digging confirmed my hunch that he hasn't looked deeply into his claims.

Both sell snake oil, but I would still pick Dolce over Lockhart. Why would you pay any of them anyway?

I never understood the celebrity nutritionist nonsense. If you need help dieting or losing weight go to your local gym, find the giant ripped bodybuilder and talk to him. As long as you dont take the roids he will be able to help your diet. But hell any regular nutritionist will do. You dont need an expensive celebrity to count calories for you and to tellyou to put the kfc down.

There isn't any real hard science to weight cutting. It's all bro scientists trying to learn as they go.

True but you should have medical expertise how physiology reacts on weight cut and how to avoid damages. Sounds simple but recognizing pathological / maladapting patterns needs solid education.

True but you should have medical expertise how physiology reacts on weight cut and how to avoid damages. Sounds simple but recognizing pathological / maladapting patterns needs solid education.
That is why they have a nurse/medic for that. At this point, your CrCl, Bun or Scr doesn't make a difference for the short term.

3kwcZ9o.jpg
The crazy thing is plating could make that look completely appetizing.

Both sell snake oil, but I would still pick Dolce over Lockhart. Why would you pay any of them anyway?
I never understood the celebrity nutritionist nonsense. If you need help dieting or losing weight go to your local gym, find the giant ripped bodybuilder and talk to him. As long as you dont take the roids he will be able to help your diet. But hell any regular nutritionist will do. You dont need an expensive celebrity to count calories for you and to tellyou to put the kfc down.

They don't pay these guys just for nutritional advice, they pay them to babysit them and make every single meal for them.

So there are levels of Broscience?

If MMA fighters were smart they'd be getting the wrestling team's nutritionist to help. Dolce and Lockhart both use weight cutting tactics popularized by body building. It technically works, but body builders dont have to perform athletically in that condition, they just have to...pose.

Famous and successful MMA guys could afford to bring USA Wrestling's guy for a few weeks.

Mine told me I can eat the burgers at KFC just not the fries.

If MMA fighters were smart they'd be getting the wrestling team's nutritionist to help. Dolce and Lockhart both use weight cutting tactics popularized by body building. It technically works, but body builders dont have to perform athletically in that condition, they just have to...pose.

Famous and successful MMA guys could afford to bring USA Wrestling's guy for a few weeks.

Interesting.

Back