DOJ announce hacking charges against 9 Iranians who targeted U.S. universities, businss, gov

Wrong section. There isn't a single caucasian male in there dude. This is garbage.

They spelled Russian wrong, right dems?

"Liberals relying on unanimous intelligence data on Russian hacking must mean they think no other country does it! So if I show any other country also commits cyber crimes, it will prove the Russians are innocent!"

DERP.

Also, the Iranians are famously allied with Russia lol

OP beat me to it, I have a different take so I'll post it here.

A big fat juicy housewarming party steak for Bolton.

Using a variety of social engineering scams targeting academics and various other government and private entities, Iranian hackers linked to the Revolutionary Guard stole about 30 terabytes of data globally, some of it from US professors.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/politics/iranian-hackers-indicted-universities-government/index.html
To break into the accounts, the sophisticated campaign started by studying each target in a reconnaissance phase, then using that information to send specialized emails to the targets that appeared to come from other university professors expressing interest in a recently published work, with links to other research that were actually links to malicious websites that would mimic the professor's login page and steal his or her login information and use it to access their accounts.

The timing couldn't be worse if you don't want the Iran nuclear deal to fall apart, or potentially war with Iran.

What will be very telling of the Trump administration's real position on Iran is what kind of attention this hack gets from them, especially compared to how much attention Russia has gotten for their much deeper adventures in espionage. My personal view is that any sanctions over this should be handled separately from the nuclear deal.

Could be nothing big, could be fuel for the fire...

How exactly did they trace it to these 9 iranians? Id like to see the evidence for that.

Not saying it isnt true but people have a bad habit of accepting US intel as fact without evidence.

Still waiting for the chemical weapons analysis from the UK to be released.

OP beat me to it, I have a different take so I'll post it here.

A big fat juicy housewarming party steak for Bolton.

Using a variety of social engineering scams targeting academics and various other government and private entities, Iranian hackers linked to the Revolutionary Guard stole about 30 terabytes of data globally, some of it from US professors.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/23/politics/iranian-hackers-indicted-universities-government/index.html

The timing couldn't be worse if you don't want the Iran nuclear deal to fall apart, or potentially war with Iran.

What will be very telling of the Trump administration's real position on Iran is what kind of attention this hack gets from them, especially compared to how much attention Russia has gotten for their much deeper adventures in espionage. My personal view is that any sanctions over this should be handled separately from the nuclear deal.

Could be nothing big, could be fuel for the fire...

According to the right wingers in here, spear phishing isn't a hack, so there shouldn't be any issues here.

{<jordan}

How exactly did they trace it to these 9 iranians? Id like to see the evidence for that.

Not saying it isnt true but people have a bad habit of accepting US intel as fact without evidence.

Still waiting for the chemical weapons analysis from the UK to be released.

I similarly would like some nuggets of evidence given the timing and implications of the charges.

"Operation Iranian Freedom" This time we are going to blow 5 trillion.

I call shenanigans. 2 of those guys don't even have unibrows so they clearly aren't Iranian.

Back