Dogman encounters - The werewolf cryptid.

BearGrounds

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Having become interested in the Bigfoot phenomena recently, and spending time looking up information about that, I came across this radio show called Dogman Encounters. Essentially this is a radio show that people call into and share their stories of encountering a werewolf-like creature in the woods of mainly North America - although some reports come in from South America (Nicaragua Episode 134) and the UK as well (Episode 111). In French folklore the creature is called the Loup Garou, or Rougarou.

Brief description of creature, from what I've gathered after listening to over 50 episodes.

- It's capable of walking on both two legs and four.
- Can reach heights of around 8 feet when bipedal, sometimes even being estimated as taller.
- Has a head that resembles a cross between a dog, bear, and a wolf.
- It bears a snout/muzzle and pointed ears on the top of the head (most commonly likened to those of a German Shepard, but often with slight tufts, like a Bobcat has at the end of theirs)
- Backward bent lower legs, like a German Shepard, but has long human like arms in the front, ending in what is commonly described as over-sized Raccoon hands with significant claws. The back feet resemble huge dog paws.
- Often described as having amber colored eyes, with eye shine.
- Very agile, extremely powerful, seemingly a pure carnivorous apex predator.

Most people simply call it a werewolf for lack of a better description. Some also think that's what they've seen at first. Problem is there's really no evidence aside from the eyewitness accounts, as far as I'm aware. So I'm not asking anyone to believe this creature is real, but I thought it an interesting cryptid and the stories are very intriguing. Anyone into cryptozoology or the paranormal should find this stuff interesting, or at the very least, entertaining.

Only one person's interview out of the many I listened to sounded like complete bullshit outright (dude was talking crazy like one of the Bigfoot is interdimensional people), while nearly all of the other supposed witnesses sounded down to earth and were rather convincing (considering the topic, of course).

A compilation episode:

Anyway, thought I'd share for fun and because the show is a great thing to throw on and listen to at night when just chilling. Not arguing these creatures are real, but it's an interesting phenomena nevertheless, even if just looked at from a psychological perspective.

Last edited:
Made me think of skin walkers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin-walker

http://www.navajolegends.org/navajo-skinwalker-legend/

skinwalker-807x600.jpg

skinwalker1.jpg

Skinwalker.jpg

that is pretty awesome, i am also a sasquach enthusiast, i believe somewhat to be the last of his species, a giant like humanoid maybe sharing the same ancestors as we do thats why some stories (true or not) are about him helping people that lost their way.

Could the dogman be related to the goatman? i didnt hear about the goatman until recently on some stories, i like sasquach but the goatman stories creep me out.

@xenomorph4prez post something interesting, how about if the dogman was a person who did this, he killed an animal, wolf or dog and wore its skin, he did this so long he stopped being human a became feral

This is titled as a Bigfoot witness, but if you listen to it he's definitely talking about a Dogman. He mentions the dog-like head with a snout throughout, and the backward bend of the legs around the 9:00 mark.

Misidentification

Could certainly be in some cases, wouldn't seem to fit for all. If the creature doesn't exist there would have to be other explanations in addition to misidentification, such as hallucinations, hoaxes, etc.

Last edited:
that is pretty awesome, i am also a sasquach enthusiast, i believe somewhat to be the last of his species, a giant like humanoid maybe sharing the same ancestors as we do thats why some stories (true or not) are about him helping people that lost their way.

Could the dogman be related to the goatman? i didnt hear about the goatman until recently on some stories, i like sasquach but the goatman stories creep me out.

@xenomorph4prez post something interesting, how about if the dogman was a person who did this, he killed an animal, wolf or dog and wore its skin, he did this so long he stopped being human a became feral

Haven't read anything about Goatman, just mainly Sasquatch and the Dogman a bit. However, none of the Dogman sightings ever mention anything particularly goat-like in the head features, so I wouldn't think the two related. People seem pretty adamant about it resembling a huge bipedal wolf or dog in appearance.

I shot a werewolf once, but by the time I got to the body it had morphed back into my neighbor's dog.

Haven't read anything about Goatman, just mainly Sasquatch and the Dogman a bit. However, none of the Dogman sightings ever mention anything particularly goat-like in the head features, so I wouldn't think the two related. People seem pretty adamant about it resembling a huge bipedal wolf or dog in appearance.

stories about the goatman are not alot, or i havent came across many, it has the features of a satyr and its monstly rumours and folklore legends, about the goatman but it sounds more dangerous than the sasquach

hey boys im letting in here some audio stories about big ol' sasquach

Having become interested in the Bigfoot phenomena recently, and spending time looking up information about that, I came across this radio show called Dogman Encounters. Essentially this is a radio show that people call into and share their stories of encountering a werewolf-like creature in the woods of mainly North America - although some reports come in from South America (Nicaragua Episode 134) and the UK as well (Episode 111). In French folklore the creature is called the Loup Garou, or Rougarou.

Brief description of creature, from what I've gathered after listening to over 50 episodes.

- It's capable of walking on both two legs and four.
- Can reach heights of around 8 feet when bipedal, sometimes even being estimated as taller.
- Has a head that resembles a cross between a dog, bear, and a wolf.
- It bears a snout/muzzle and pointed ears on the top of the head (most commonly likened to those of a German Shepard, but often with slight tufts, like a Bobcat has at the end of theirs)
- Backward bent lower legs, like a German Shepard, but has long human like arms in the front, ending in what is commonly described as over-sized Raccoon hands with significant claws. The back feet resemble huge dog paws.
- Often described as having amber colored eyes, with eye shine.
- Very agile, extremely powerful, seemingly a pure carnivorous apex predator.

Most people simply call it a werewolf for lack of a better description. Some also think that's what they've seen at first. Problem is there's really no evidence aside from the eyewitness accounts, as far as I'm aware. So I'm not asking anyone to believe this creature is real, but I thought it an interesting cryptid and the stories are very intriguing. Anyone into cryptozoology or the paranormal should find this stuff interesting, or at the very least, entertaining.

Only one person's interview out of the many I listened to sounded like complete bullshit outright (dude was talking crazy like one of the Bigfoot is interdimensional people), while nearly all of the other supposed witnesses sounded down to earth and were rather convincing (considering the topic, of course).

A compilation episode:

Anyway, thought I'd share for fun and because the show is a great thing to throw on and listen to at night when just chilling. Not arguing these creatures are real, but it's an interesting phenomena nevertheless, even if just looked at from a psychological perspective.

Might be Bigfoot's pet.

If such a creature existed wouldnt he be smaller than modern humans?

Since I'm working swing shift I get to listen to Coast to Coast with George Noori and hear all about this stiff. Its entertaining but that's about it.

How long have phones had cameras on them? 20 years now?

No pictures of any of this crazy shit, ever.

Back