Dog torn the ACL (CCL)

Losfer Words

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So I just found out my dog blew her knee out playing in the rain. I have dealt with this injury once before in another dog I had and had hoped I would never deal with it again. Im fucking bummed. Dog owning Sherbros, give your dog some love tonight. Not the end of the world but its fucking expensive to fix and often the other knee goes after you fix the first.

very sorry to hear that, bro.
my last shepherd had leg issues later in life due to excessive exercise/activity when younger.
poor guy only made it to 10 yrs.
my new pup, 7 mos, is getting different treatment from me because I don't want to
overdo it with him.
best of luck

A friend had is Cane Corso blow out both ACLs. He got it as a rescue and the retarded first owner had it neutered at 6 months. It sucked when he had to put that dog down.

A friend had is Cane Corso blow out both ACLs. He got it as a rescue and the retarded first owner had it neutered at 6 months. It sucked when he had to put that dog down.
A friend just got a male Cocker Spaniel puppy and that thing has it out for my legs. Apparently its me and me alone that it desires.

I dunno if I'd be able to handle a year of dog nuts if it was mine.

Are you supposed to wait a year for the testosterone to build bones and stuff?

A friend just got a male Cocker Spaniel puppy and that thing has it out for my legs. Apparently its me and me alone that it desires.

I dunno if I'd be able to handle a year of dog nuts if it was mine.

Are you supposed to wait a year for the testosterone to build bones and stuff?
For large breeds you want to wait until they finish growing or their tendons will be too weak. Not doing it increases the risk of tendon issues by almost 30%. I waited until my mastiff was 2 years old before I got him neutered. I love that giant bastard.

For large breeds you want to wait until they finish growing or their tendons will be too weak. Not doing it increases the risk of tendon issues by almost 30%. I waited until my mastiff was 2 years old before I got him neutered. I love that giant bastard.

My sister had a bull mastiff. Laziest dog I ever met. At first she thought he was ill, then she thought maybe his diet needed changed. Nope, he was a big lazy fucker. I remember taking it for a walk one day, we'd been out for 10 minutes and started up a hill when he just sat down and refused to go any further. Great with kids but all it did was fart and slobber.

How old is the dog?
9. Like I said Ive been through one of these before and its no fun and very expensive...but not the end of the world. She will probably be back to normalish around the new year if we get surgery soon. Its super hard to limit a dogs activity when you can't have a conversation with them. In humans you can say "you blew your knee out, don't do much activity, don't put weight on it and rest." With dogs its like you have to put them in jail until the knee re-stabilizes.

My sisters boxer did this a few years ago, it was around $2000 but the dog is as good as new again. If you don't fix it the poor dog will limp and drag his leg around.

9. Like I said Ive been through one of these before and its no fun and very expensive...but not the end of the world. She will probably be back to normalish around the new year if we get surgery soon. Its super hard to limit a dogs activity when you can't have a conversation with them. In humans you can say "you blew your knee out, don't do much activity, don't put weight on it and rest." With dogs its like you have to put them in jail until the knee re-stabilizes.
Hmmm... That's tough

My sister had a bull mastiff. Laziest dog I ever met. At first she thought he was ill, then she thought maybe his diet needed changed. Nope, he was a big lazy fucker. I remember taking it for a walk one day, we'd been out for 10 minutes and started up a hill when he just sat down and refused to go any further. Great with kids but all it did was fart and slobber.
Marlowe tries to keep up with boxer. He lasts for about 5 minutes then lays down and breathes heavily. Chesty is starting to slow down which sucks.

I had that surgery for my dog about 3 months ago now. It was kind of expensive (under $4,000) and I had to isolate him for weeks after the surgery so he would heal right. It was a pain in the butt, but I did it for him. The vet said he would be lame without the surgery. He was on track to heal right and then he got some kind of infection and his kidneys fucked up and he died just a week after his birthday. The surgery is worth it. Just be careful about infections.

So I just found out my dog blew her knee out playing in the rain. I have dealt with this injury once before in another dog I had and had hoped I would never deal with it again. Im fucking bummed. Dog owning Sherbros, give your dog some love tonight. Not the end of the world but its fucking expensive to fix and often the other knee goes after you fix the first.

I had a pit/lab mix that had this issue. Spent 3600 to have the back left leg fixed only for the right to go about 9 months later.

There’s is multiple types of surgeries. Depending on how much cash you pony up will change how much of their old form they regain.

I used a cheaper version for the second one and it was noticeably different.

Back