does time fly fast for you?

one of the benefits of getting married and having children, is that you can relive your youth through your children. it's not exactly the same as being young again, but it's as close as you'll get. i see my sister with her kids, and she couldn't be happier. i'm sure it's the same with other parents.
yeah thats probably what im missing.. having a family and kids.

yeah thats probably what im missing.. having a family and kids.

i'm 37, and i sometimes wonder if i'd be happier married with children. i don't know. i'm enjoying the single life and independence, but the thought often crosses my mind.

i'm 37, and i sometimes wonder if i'd be happier married with children. i don't know. i'm enjoying the single life and independence, but the thought often crosses my mind.
yeah im the same. i love being able to do what i want when i want.. go on trips, spend money on whatever... but sometimes wish i had a fam

I don't find that to be true at all. I don't wish I was young again. For one thing I have kids, going back probably means they will never exist, so its pretty much off the table for me.

Man nobody cares about your kids

Dear parents of sherdog, stop injecting your kids into every thread

Lots of people have kids, you arent unique or special

I spent most of my childhood and teenage years playing video games and reading, and I've spent most of my adult life making video games and writing.

Always doing what I want to do makes time seem to move awfully quick, like I'm going to just wake up at 50 or 60 without realizing it. Like, in this last 5 years, I know I've made video games and I can pin point what projects they were, but other than that, I can't really think of anything else I did that was worth remembering.

I spent most of my childhood and teenage years playing video games and reading, and I've spent most of my adult life making video games and writing.

Always doing what I want to do makes time seem to move awfully quick, like I'm going to just wake up at 50 or 60 without realizing it. Like, in this last 5 years, I know I've made video games and I can pin point what projects they were, but other than that, I can't really think of anything else I did that was worth remembering.
u worked on any ps4 games?

I'm old. But I say if time is passing by quickly for you, you don't have enough interesting things going on. That's the way it works for me anyways.

For instance, I am fairly certain that the first 5 years of my children's lives lasted 15 years. An incredible challenge, something completely new to me. A total life change-up. Now I have some entirely new things cooking, once again to where I have little experience.

Keep it interesting and it'll go slower.

ebbs and flows. When im on vacation or it's slow at work and i'm not up to much, days drag. When im pounding at work and doing bjj 4-5 nights a week with no rest (i work weekends), weeks fly by. It's nice to switch it up. When i went back home for a week last year, it dragged on, but in a good way. Most people seem to say time flies when they're all relaxed, but it's the opposite for me.

Man nobody cares about your kids

Dear parents of sherdog, stop injecting your kids into every thread

Lots of people have kids, you arent unique or special

Tgud9ni.0.gif

ebbs and flows. When im on vacation or it's slow at work and i'm not up to much, days drag. When im pounding at work and doing bjj 4-5 nights a week with no rest (i work weekends), weeks fly by. It's nice to switch it up. When i went back home for a week last year, it dragged on, but in a good way. Most people seem to say time flies when they're all relaxed, but it's the opposite for me.
you thinking of competing in mma?

you thinking of competing in mma?
Nah this is probably the end of the road for me, man. I was sparring hard a couple of years ago and I can keep up still, but it's just not there going forward i don't think, and I don't really want to find out. If it were just the fighting, Im down, but Im not in a position to train consistently at a high level; not that BJJ is easy by any stretch, but like Kavanaugh says, the tap is a great tool to longevity. BJJ is the most practical for me, though I do really miss and love striking the most.

I'm old. But I say if time is passing by quickly for you, you don't have enough interesting things going on. That's the way it works for me anyways.

For instance, I am fairly certain that the first 5 years of my children's lives lasted 15 years. An incredible challenge, something completely new to me. A total life change-up. Now I have some entirely new things cooking, once again to where I have little experience.

Keep it interesting and it'll go slower.
differnt for me, when im doing interesting stuff time goes by fast... think thats how it is for most

Nah this is probably the end of the road for me, man. I was sparring hard a couple of years ago and I can keep up still, but it's just not there going forward i don't think, and I don't really want to find out. If it were just the fighting, Im down, but Im not in a position to train consistently at a high level; not that BJJ is easy by any stretch, but like Kavanaugh says, the tap is a great tool to longevity. BJJ is the most practical for me, though I do really miss and love striking the most.
oh ic, that makes sense. good luck with your bjj training.

Forgot where I heard this, but I was told when you are young the days are short and the years are long, when you are old the days are long and the years are short. Very true words.

Its that ole percentage perspective. If you are 5 years old then 1 year is 20% of your life, a year is a LONG time. If you are 50 years old then 1 year is only 2% of your life and seems short. So the older you get, the more time seems to fly. Same reason to a child summer vacation seems to last forever.

Summer vacation seemed to fly by when I was in school. Same with weekends. Quitting time on Friday almost instantly turned into starting time on Monday.

Summer vacation seemed to fly by when I was in school. Same with weekends. Quitting time on Friday almost instantly turned into starting time on Monday.

Now you are into a whole other quadrant, time being relative to fun equation. If you combine that with the percentage of life idea then you will instantly know that the worst thing you can do when you are old is have fun. That's why most old people are like this.

giphy.gif

The time thing is just a facet of memory. Your brain short cuts if things are the same and doesn't bother making new memories, but puts a spin on an old one.

New, novel experience creates the feeling of slower time.

The only way you can maximise your time is to do new shit and challenge yourself all the time.

Many people only remember the good times and forget about the bad times. I remember all of the bad times just as well.

Forgot where I heard this, but I was told when you are young the days are short and the years are long, when you are old the days are long and the years are short. Very true words.
yeah. I think the years were long because You spend the whole year waiting for summer vacation... Or atleast I did and days were short because school ended at like 2:10 for us. I think when you have something to look forward to time slows down.. Like when I plan trips to vegas and europe a few weeks or months away it seems to take forever to get there... maybe thats what I have to do to slow things down, plan trips I wanna go on.

Back