does time fly fast for you?

dude, everybody old wishes they were young again

thats why its important to make good use of time

Not me, no way I want to do that all over. The older I get, the faster time flies by.

Generally I would say that on a longer scale falling into a routine tends to make time pass much more quickly in retrospect. At work I remember months bluring together where as on say a 2-3 week holiday somewhere exotic would feel like I'd been away from home for months by the time it was over.
not me my vacations always fly by as do my days off

dude, everybody old wishes they were young again

thats why its important to make good use of time

I don't find that to be true at all. I don't wish I was young again. For one thing I have kids, going back probably means they will never exist, so its pretty much off the table for me.

I was a hot fucking mess when I was a teenager and my early 20s. There's no way I'd want to be in that place of alcohol and drug abuse, all the while ruining my relationships with friends, family and coworkers again.

If anything, I'd go back and do things differently. But you live and you learn I suppose.

The trials and tribulations of your life made you who you are now. We could argue hypothetically about how you might change things or might do things differently but one thing is for certain, you would have a whole other list of tragic events happen to you. I wouldn't want to go back. Nobody gets out of here without experiencing the bad right along with the good so you probably would experience some new good things but you would experience bad things as well.

i do wish i was a few years younger but it is what it is. everyone loses the battle to father time and death. it's inevitable. the important thing is to move forward and live life to the fullest. enjoy the present because that what it is, a present...a gift.

Not me, no way I want to do that all over. The older I get, the faster time flies by.

Its that ole percentage perspective. If you are 5 years old then 1 year is 20% of your life, a year is a LONG time. If you are 50 years old then 1 year is only 2% of your life and seems short. So the older you get, the more time seems to fly. Same reason to a child summer vacation seems to last forever.

To wish I was younger would be to wish the death of me now and I like being me now.

There's some things I would have liked to do, but the me that was didn't make those choices and the me that is doesn't want to self obliterate.

The time thing is just a facet of memory. Your brain short cuts if things are the same and doesn't bother making new memories, but puts a spin on an old one.

New, novel experience creates the feeling of slower time.

The only way you can maximise your time is to do new shit and challenge yourself all the time.

Not when I'm tired like this week. My mental fatigue is at Max because my shoes are rotten. Got slight back pain as a result and it straight up hurts my feet to walk with them. Gotta buy new ones, but that'd mean walking. Thinking of throwing on five pairs of socks and hoping I don't step on needles

Not when I'm tired like this week. My mental fatigue is at Max because my shoes are rotten. Got slight back pain as a result and it straight up hurts my feet to walk with them. Gotta buy new ones, but that'd mean walking. Thinking of throwing on five pairs of socks and hoping I don't step on needles
luckily i havent gotten to the point where things hurt for no reason yet.

@kevy2pale

Man reading your posts is depressing.

Fucking do something about it. There's not going to be a time machine that takes you back. But there's no reason why you can't still be living life to the fullest at 35.

I don't know what your situation is, but it sounds like you need to make some changes

@kevy2pale

Man reading your posts is depressing.

Fucking do something about it. There's not going to be a time machine that takes you back. But there's no reason why you can't still be living life to the fullest at 35.

I don't know what your situation is, but it sounds like you need to make some changes
no my life is pretty good. its just time flies by now. wish i could turn the clock back 10-11 years. I remember being 24 like it was yesterday...

I was pretty drunk when i made this thread though... if you look in the epic beer thread u will see all that i drank.. when i drink sometimes i think back and am like "fuck why cant i still be in boston partying with my college buds" and think of the past

no my life is pretty good. its just time flies by now. wish i could turn the clock back 10-11 years. I remember being 24 like it was yesterday...

I was pretty drunk when i made this thread though... if you look in the epic beer thread u will see all that i drank.. when i drink sometimes i think back and am like "fuck why cant i still be in boston partying with my college buds" and think of the past
Get some new friends and party with them.. You're 35 not 75

I thought this thread was about whether or not time seems to fly by, yet most of the discussion is about whether we'd want to live parts of our past over again.

My answer to both is yes, but I was going to say that there's actually a possible explanation as to why as you age time feels like it's going faster. This vid explains starting at 2:20.

I remember in high school time dragging by. I remember my mom telling me that this would be the best time of my life but not believing her. (it was) She once told me that as an adult you wouldnt be friends with your high school friends... which turned out to be true. I remember college and all the good times I had but at the time not appreciating it. Now that I am older I find myself wishing I was back in college. I work with 22-23 year olds and sometimes wish I was there age again. Im 35 now and time flew by. I sometimes wish I was 18 again or in college or high school again. does anyone else think about the past and how fast life goes and wish you could go back in time? literally I feel like just a few months ago I was in college, but Im 35 and many years have passed. anyone else feel like this?

one of the benefits of getting married and having children, is that you can relive your youth through your children. it's not exactly the same as being young again, but it's as close as you'll get. i see my sister with her kids, and she couldn't be happier. i'm sure it's the same with other parents.

Back