does time fly fast for you?

I was a hot fucking mess when I was a teenager and my early 20s. There's no way I'd want to be in that place of alcohol and drug abuse, all the while ruining my relationships with friends, family and coworkers again.

If anything, I'd go back and do things differently. But you live and you learn I suppose.

Not really. I have more freedom and money to travel now and thats what i enjoy the most
yeah same here but you never wish you could go back/.? I have all the things i wanted when i was young but you never wish , or think about, your past?

I was a hot fucking mess when I was a teenager and my early 20s. There's no way I'd want to be in that place of alcohol and drug abuse, all the while ruining my relationships with friends, family and coworkers again.

If anything, I'd go back and do things differently. But you live and you learn I suppose.
so you never think you would do it all over again if you could?

do you ever wish u could go back/.?

Yes, but only to clear up some mistakes I have made. I would go back and treat my young wife a whole lot better than I did when I was blinded in my youth. I often hear people say that they wouldn't change a thing... That is bizarre to me. If you could go back with the Wisdom you have now, how much better would you be? The brutal truth of life is that we often have to suffer and fail to learn anything of value. These lessons sometimes take a long time to learn.

so you never think you would do it all over again if you could?
Do it over the same way? I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I'd do it differently if I could. Actually apply myself in high school, go to college right away, laid off the weed, booze and cocaine, built better relationships, etc.

I remember thinking first grade was so long, then I remember second grade going by in a flash. I was conscious of it then, and it gets faster every year.

Our minds perceive time differently the more time we have lived, and thus have as a frame of reference.

Yes, but only to clear up some mistakes I have made. I would go back and treat my young wife a whole lot better than I did when I was blinded in my youth. I often hear people say that they wouldn't change a thing... That is bizarre to me. If you could go back with the Wisdom you have now, how much better would you be? The brutal truth of life is that we often have to suffer and fail to learn anything of value. These lessons sometimes take a long time to learn.
agree. but do you ever wake up and think of this? how you are now and how you werre in the past'? do you ever wake up and wish you could relive life again? did you get older and wake up thinking things over again?

Not really
agree. but do you ever wake up and think of this? how you are now and how you werre in the past'? do you ever wake up and wish you could relive life again? did you get older and wake up thinking things over again?

Dude I am moody guy. My natural disposition is Melancholy. So I have to struggle to keep my mind in a good place and if I fail to do the necessary spiritual and mental work I'll go through week long spells of darkness.
About a month I woke up and said, "well there is always next time around". (referring to the possibility of reincarnation).
That day I looked at my life as is and thought that I had ruined too much.

When I am putting in the work (the spiritual nature of man requires work) I see things in an enlightened way and realize that I have purpose and destiny. I live with competing worldviews and somedays the wrong view gets the better of me.

Hell yes it does I swear I was just picking skeleton crews for Christmas and now I'm doing it again.

It does and it sucks. Years start going by without me even noticing.

fuck the past

Well I can get halfway...

e625719c3bb02b7a2a38816ab1b5221b--bert-stern-marilyn-monroe-photos.jpg

Generally I would say that on a longer scale falling into a routine tends to make time pass much more quickly in retrospect. At work I remember months bluring together where as on say a 2-3 week holiday somewhere exotic would feel like I'd been away from home for months by the time it was over.

Last edited:
Damn this thread makes me feel old

Miss biking with friends all day and playing basketball. Really miss physical activities as kid. Can't believe most classmates are fat slobs and looks like 50.

Back