Does the octagon fence hurt?

UL

no more yellows
Banned
Reaction score
Well does it?

The fence at my MMA club hurts like a bitch when you're being grinded against it, but I've never seen any UFC fighters with marks on their backs from the fence. Our fence leaves big marks even though you're wearing a shirt.

WFpqd.gif

No. They need to electrify that shit to discourage grappling.

I've heard fighters talk about how it hurts more than it seems. Every UFC fight is essentially a Hell In A Cell match

[<taker1}

Probably but depending on adrenaline levels they don't feel it too much.

The floor/mat doesn't look comfortable either. When ever a takedown occurs you can hear it.

Last edited:
It's very similar to a typical chain lync fence. I believe it has a type of rubber coating or something to make it a bit less rough - but yeah I can't imagine anything about it feeing good.

Yes. But your mother's kiss can make it go away.

The fence at my MMA club hurts like a bitch when you're being grinded against it, but I've never seen any UFC fighters with marks on their backs from the fence. Our fence leaves big marks even though you're wearing a shirt.
My old gym used to have some broken bits that I was sure was gonna take someones eye out or put a major gash in someone's leg at some point.

Should be replaced with plexiglass like hockey. Easier to see, and when someone gets cut open it would look like a murder scene.

Last edited:
You dont feel anything in a fight. Maybe if you pulled a finger off in it but still...

Depends on the type of coating on it. The one at our gym didn't bother me, but I can think back to a kid getting slammed into the old chain fence while playing footy and it hurt like a motherfucker.

It hurts like a motherfucker when drilling for takedown defense.

My old gym used to have some broken bits that I was sure was gonna take someones eye out or put a major gash in someone's leg at some point.

I've set up a lot of cages, often times parts were missing and we had to wedge things together with pieces of wood and keep going. Sometimes the padding over the metal pillars didn't cover the entire thing and was pretty thin to begin with, it hurt like hell when you got slammed into it. The fencing itself never bothered me though.

Long answer short, yes it guess. Not so much just pushing on it, but any friction on it

Wouldn't know. My ring generalship is on point so no one can cut the ring off and push me up against the cage.

Back