Does the Elevation mask really work

There is a gear and equipment forum for this.

We are talking about conditioning with the mask. Seriously?? ^^^

To be honest, i have no idea. Ive seen mixed reviews. I don't see the point in it. Just use your own body. You don't need any FANCY equipment to make yourself a machine.

We are talking about conditioning with the mask. Seriously?? ^^^

No... TS posted a link with the mask for sale, not in use, and asked if it works. This is what is discussed in the equipment forum. Problem?

It's a scam. The majority of the research seems to indicate that you should live high/train low, meaning train at low altitude but live at high altitude. The first link below explains it pretty well.

I hate to be Debbie Downer but recent research seems to show that you get the best results when you can live at high altitude but still train at low altitude.

Altitude Training for Sea-Level Competition

Living and training at altitude is less effective than living at altitude and training near sea level, because the lack of oxygen at altitude results in detraining through reduction in intensity of training.

Does Altitude Training Improve Sea Level Performance In Endurance Athletes?

Just some food for thought, I haven't really researched this too thoroughly.

It's a scam. The majority of the research seems to indicate that you should live high/train low, meaning train at low altitude but live at high altitude. The first link below explains it pretty well.

Thank you for posting this. High elevation training is overated.

So one should wear the thing for sleeping instead of training actually.

I'm joking, I don't think this would work as I suppose the mask only decrease the rate at which oxygen becomes available, not the actual concentration of oxygen in breathed air. So there is only a lack of oxygen when the demand is high, not when you're sleeping.

What would really work is a oxygen tent, but these are really expensive IIRC.

we've had massive threads about masks and other uber gay devices. live high and train low. This is what hyperbolic chambers are for. training high and living low (essentially what masks do) are not effective.

Back