does stipe hit harder than rumble?

Fuck no. Rumble is one of the most hardest hitting MMA fighters of all time.

Stipe doesn't even hit harder than Ngannou

Rumble hits harder but the fact that DC survived rumble doesn't mean he's invulnerable to less powerful strikers.
I think Rumble hits harder, too, but only for about a round. after that, size and technique make Stipe more powerful. And he can really wrestle. He punches with power, in volume, for five rounds.

If DC can win this it will throw a wrench into how I see things, and it will make Jones a damned God (who should go to HW regardless)

I don’t see how DC wins this fight, though, but he should be competitive.

I think Rumble hits harder, too, but only for about a round. after that, size and technique make Stipe more powerful. And he can really wrestle. He punches with power, in volume, for five rounds.

If DC can win this it will throw a wrench into how I see things, and it will make Jones a damned God (who should go to HW regardless)

I don’t see how DC wins this fight, though, but he should be competitive.
Fair evaluation overall.
If I had to outline how DC could win the fight it would be by wearing on Stipe in the clinch with a single collar tie like he did Gus and trying to change levels. A weakness that Stipe does have is his cardio isn't superb. He does gas, so I think if DC manages to survive and wear out Stipe in the first two rounds he could start winning rounds late. I also think that Stipe's ability to resist DC's wrestling will diminish as the fight goes on, I don't think DC will be able to hit takedowns early but if the fight is grinding on in the third he will probably have more success.

That said, super dangerous fight for DC.

Fair evaluation overall.
If I had to outline how DC could win the fight it would be by wearing on Stipe in the clinch with a single collar tie like he did Gus and trying to change levels. A weakness that Stipe does have is his cardio isn't superb. He does gas, so I think if DC manages to survive and wear out Stipe in the first two rounds he could start winning rounds late. I also think that Stipe's ability to resist DC's wrestling will diminish as the fight goes on, I don't think DC will be able to hit takedowns early but if the fight is grinding on in the third he will probably have more success.

That said, super dangerous fight for DC.
It will be very interesting to see the war of attrition

The heavyweights get a ton of flak for gassing, but whenever I wrestle a big fella, even if he is just a fat newb, I gas way faster. It’s a lot of weight to fuck with.

I could be wrong, and I hope I remember this post, but I think Stipe might hold up well against a lighter opponent, and DC.... well, DC is an awesome machine of grinding cardio, but, it might affect him being in the clinch with a bigger guy than usual.

Good fight. Like both guys a lot. Still definitely picking Stipe.

They should invent some kind of machine to test a fighter's punching power.
sbm.png

Hardest shot generated then maybe Rumble since he seems faster and is big enough at around 225 lbs.

Stipe heavier, slower but not by much (surprisingly) in his mid range preferred area and heavier 245 lbs.

If we are talking just 1 shot then maybe Rumble but overall I prefer the striking prowess of Stipe by far.. plus both of them have enough power to put you away and if you don't see it coming, or lands right on the button then even a lesser shot can be all that it takes.

ofcourse dc doesnt have to cut weight at hw, so his chin would be even better and his conditioning would be top notch. In saying that, i wonder who actually hits harder though? stipe or rumble?
stipe has a 15 lb advantage over rumble pre cut. is that enough to offset the speed and power generated by rumble?

This is so stupid lol.

Why ?

Weight cuts do take out a lot out of you and makes it harder to recover be it from hits or gassing. Not good to have a drained / dehydrated brain and body.

They don't generally have anywhere near the effect people claim they have. It's just broscience.

in boxing history it has been apparent that weight is not the be all in terms of pure power. lots of guys between 190-215 with legit big boy power.

This is so stupid lol.

it's about the weight he is most comfortable fighting. he feels healthier and has more vitality when he doesnt have to cut weight so he would be able to absorb shots better. he says so himself. how is it broscience.

Rumble hits wide, Stipe hits straight. Stipe is the better striker, he times his shots beautifully.

it's about the weight he is most comfortable fighting. he feels healthier and has more vitality when he doesnt have to cut weight so he would be able to absorb shots better. he says so himself. how is it broscience.

It's broscience because it's one of those things that makes total sense in your head but has little to no basis in reality. Absorbing shots better? Really? Then why did he drop down to Light Heavyweight to begin with?

Honestly, probably not. I think Rumble could kill a Rhino with blunt force trauma. But Stipe hits far more cleanly and accurately, which is vastly more important in terms of the effect of the strike.

Back