Does Stipe get an instant rematch if he loses?

Still rocking the DC av?
I could have changed it the day khabib fucked up barboza but i was overseas and couldn’t be fucked.

I will put back effy very soon, like as soon as I finish this soup I’m having for lunch! And get rid of this ridiculous sig!

If the fight is damn near a double KO or a close fight that goes the entire 5 rounds (which strangely enough is actually less likely than a double KO situation, lol), yeah run that shit back for Stipe.....

If not.....and Stipe gets KTFO in the 1st, 2nd, or dominated to a TKO or Sub......and since the record title defenses is 2 and he lost at 2....probably not.

I don't think so

Unless it's a super close decision.

I hope not. A rematch shouldn't be too soon, but not too late either. You gotta allow the losing fighter to rebuild until the rematch tension is optimized.

I think werdum should get the next shot. Ever since coming from strikeforce werdum has only lost to stipe (I thought he beat overeem).

probably not. I get the feeling they dont want him as the champ

No because they want to build Ngannou and you cant do that by giving him essentially 50/50 coinflip fights like a rematch of this, he will lose eventually if not tonight. If he wins they will let him crush some HW cans until they can get Lesnar or Jones in for a money fight.

No. Werdum is next, already earn his shot.

Unless Cain is ready.

Or if either DC or Jones wants a shot, I bet they give it to them first.
Dana said Cain is not in titleshot talks, and neither should he be.

I have a hard time seeing them giving Stipe a rematch just because he has no interest in selling/promoting/hyping the fight up. I respect Stipe for not caring about that but I'm just saying they will probably look somewhere else.

Hopefully Cain will get some sort of tune up fight though.

I believe it's warranted in this case, much like Joanna, their defenses of the belt warrants it alone. On the flip side, if Stipe gets taken out in the first round, than it's something to thing about, but that didn't stop Conor after getting tapped out so who know.

Rematches generally aren't the same if you aren't Rumble going against DC, or DC going against Jon Jones.

Joanna had 5 defences, Stipe has 2.

Id rather see Werdum get another shot.

He should.

Who else is there?

5734d58bb2a50.jpg

No rematch. Stipe will finish Ngannou the first time.

In the last two years Ngannou will have fought 7 times in the UFC so win or lose he probably takes a bit of a break. I think it will be Cain if that's the case.

Back