Does Silva want Jones or GSP?

Silva clearly wants Jones! think about it. he calls Dana after the Bones vs Sonnen fight. why would he ask for GSP??? right?

GSP obviously!

Jones is too big and too wrestling oriented for Anderson to be interested.

GSP would sell more PPVs and seems to be the easier fight. I'd think Silva would want to fight GSP.

I am guessing you would lose a lot of money.

Lets face facts. If Jones wants Anderson on his back that is where Anderson will be for the entire fight. Anderson would have the start of each round only standing unless Jones allows him up. Because while Anderson's tdd is not as bad as many pretend it is no where near elite and it would have to be to counter Jones.

So what happens when the fight sees Anderson on his back. I guess he can hope to triangle Jones but Jones is not Chael. That is a really terrible low odds way for Anderson to win. We know Anderson cannot really sweep or escape. And we know he gives up very dominant positions on his backs as both Chael and Lutter gained full mount on him. But having Chael and Lutter able to impose their games on Anderson so completely and not finish is not like having a killer like Jones in those same spots. Anderson's chin would not hold up to 300 hellbows even if he easily withstood Chael landing that many punches on him.

Anderson knows Jones is a horrid matchup for him and that is why he will never put forth anything realistic to make the fight happen.

If Machida can catch Jones on the chin, Anderson Surely can do the same...but harder.

If you watch the first round of the second fight it was a continuation of the first fight. He was manhandled no excuses. Besides that, Jones has a good chin and the fight will be over once JBJ puts his hands on Silva. JBJ can cut distance and his chin is good enough to take some good strikes (if they land, people tend to believe Silva is NEO or something).
Something that I can't get out of my mind everytime I picture this fight, is Travis Lutter mounting Silva. Travis wasn't able to do shit because he had a bad cut of weight and was weak.
Can you imagine JBJ mounting Silva, it's an awful picture that I try not to recreate in my brain for too long LOL.
Blah Blah Blah, Chael lost both fight and was finished. Finished. Just like his chances at any title. Spin it how you want.

Would you like to fight a bigger guy or a smaller guy? This aint rocket science.

I'm pretty sure Andy can be ko'd also. At one point, everyone takes a dive. I truly foresee bad weather over Silva when he fights Jones. It'll be raining hellbows all day. TKO will do the job also.

Unless Silva can defend the TDs and catch him early... not like he's ever caught anyone and KOd them before...

GSP would sell more PPVs and seems to be the easier fight. I'd think Silva would want to fight GSP.

Not only that, but that fight could potentially (In a sane world) be a non title fight, where as Jones dropping below 205 makes zero since and since Silva has fought at 205 before he can challenge that belt.

The way I see it, it needs to be

1. GSP vs Silva at catchweight for no title so both guys keep their belts
and if Silva wins..
2. Silva vs Jones for the LHW title.

Any other order makes no sense, unless GSP doesn't want the fight.

A catchweight bout allows them to keep their value and their belts, and gives the fans what could be an amazing fight between two GOATs. Win or lose GSP could go back to 170 from 177 lbs. It doesn't take a fight expert to tell you that one fight 7 or 8 pounds higher isn't going to end his career.
How about they do a catchweight @ 165. GSP can make it. Weight classes, that's why they have them.

The only people that want to see Silva/GSP are noobs, GSP haters and Silva fanboys.

How about they do a catchweight @ 165. GSP can make it. Weight classes, that's why they have them.

The only people that want to see Silva/GSP are noobs, GSP haters and Silva fanboys.

Naw... any real fan of GSP would know that he's got some of, if not the best wrestling in MMA and TDs for days...which as Chael showed can be extremely effective against Silva.

Anyone who doesn't want to see the two most dominating UFC champs of all time who are one weight class and 15lbs apart fight are idiots IMO.

If GSP lost there would be no shame. If it was catchweight he could go back and have another title shot...win and retire on top as the GOAT WW.

Rational people see it.

Don't be shy, c'mon.

Just please don't pull out the "asking for GSP to move up while not wanting Silva to move up to fight Jones", because:

a. I don't want GSP to move to 185, I would like to see him fight Silva at 178, as offered.

b. I want Silva to move up and fight Jones.

So again, explain, what is the double standart?

1. Dana wouldn't say who Anderson wanted right after Jones beat Chael because he realized how idiotic it was to lie about the 'call', and now he had to back it up with proof, which he did not have, so he resorted to keeping his mouth shut before he said anything more stupid.

2. Dana said during the post 160 scrum he talked to GSP, and it sounded like the topic of GSP vs. Anderson came up which resulted in GSP's response saying it won't happen because he's certain Weidman would beat Anderson. Someone in the media should have followed up with what does GSP do if Anderson beats Weidman.

3. If Anderson wanted Jones, there wouldn't even be a question of does GSP want Anderson or Hendricks next because if GSP wanted Anderson next, he'd be on the shelf until Jones vs Anderson took place.

There, fixed.

If Machida can catch Jones on the chin, Anderson Surely can do the same...but harder.

Machida has some of the best tdd in all of MMA and is harder to keep down once taken down. That makes a massive difference in being able to utilize your striking against a grappler you know wants you on your back.

Chael did not out-strike so completely the first fight because his striking is better then Andersons, he outstruck him as Anderson was forced to defend constant tda.

Anderson would have to be extremely weary of Jones td's, which would greatly impact his ability to get off his punches.

Machida has some of the best tdd in all of MMA and is harder to keep down once taken down. That makes a massive difference in being able to utilize your striking against a grappler you know wants you on your back.

Chael did not out-strike so completely the first fight because his striking is better then Andersons, he outstruck him as Anderson was forced to defend constant tda.

Anderson would have to be extremely weary of Jones td's, which would greatly impact his ability to get off his punches.

Machida tagging Jones had nothing to do with his TDD, as Jones did not shoot for a single TD in the 1st round. But then again, I doubt he would be stupid enough to use the same strategy against Anderson.

Back