Does Silva want Jones or GSP?

If he wanted both or either like Bj wanted Hughes or GSP, like Pettis wanted Aldo, like hopefully Aldo will want Bendo if he beats Pettis, then Anderson will do what the others do when they want a champ in another division and move and MAKE the fights happen.

Until he is willing to do that, I think it is far to say he really does not want either, enough.

Enough? So he does want them, just not enough, is that what you are saying?

Jones, I think. Anderson said months ago that he was moving on from the GSP fight because it's pretty clear GSP is not interested in fighting him. I can't even recall Silva mentioning GSP's name since then.

Enough? So he does want them, just not enough, is that what you are saying?

GSP said he'd fight him at 170. If he wants to fight GSP "enough" he'll make it happen. Supposedly he's the one that is pushing for these superfights, it wasn't GSP. Same with Jones. Jones says he's open, if Silva wants him he knows where to find him.

Didn't we already hear that he wanted Jones after Weidman and possibly retire...? I think the hunt for a GSP has been done with.

Anderson just wants big fights, he is trying to give the fights the fans wants. Too bad GSP doesnt want to oblige.

Anderson just wants big fights, he is trying to give the fights the fans wants. Too bad GSP doesnt want to oblige.

He said he was willing to do that at 170. Just because he wants to stay in his own fucking weight class is hardly a reason to be pissy about it.

Didn't we already hear that he wanted Jones after Weidman and possibly retire...? I think the hunt for a GSP has been done with.

I've said it already, I'll say it again.

If Silva REALLY wanted Jones, it's a fight that could be easily made as long as Silva doesn't want Jones cutting below (probably about) 200. I don't think it's a fight Silva really wants.

From Silva's point of view, it's a fight he probably loses, and the GSP fight probably makes him as much $. If GSP is off the table, Silva may likely decide to give up on a superfight.

Jones/Silva from Dana and the UFC's perspective is interesting. Ideally for them, it would be Silva's last fight. The UFC gets record breaking #'s, Jones probably wins and it's sort of a passing of the GOAT torch so to speak (not that it instantly makes Jones the GOAT or anything by him beating Silva, but there's plenty of symbolism and all that). But Dana also wants to ride the $ Silva is bringing in now without losing any of the "greatest of all time" luster. So he wants Jones/Silva to happen, but only as an exit for Silva.

I've said it already, I'll say it again.

If Silva REALLY wanted Jones, it's a fight that could be easily made as long as Silva doesn't want Jones cutting below (probably about) 200. I don't think it's a fight Silva really wants.

From Silva's point of view, it's a fight he probably loses, and the GSP fight probably makes him as much $. If GSP is off the table, Silva may likely decide to give up on a superfight.

Jones/Silva from Dana and the UFC's perspective is interesting. Ideally for them, it would be Silva's last fight. The UFC gets record breaking #'s, Jones probably wins and it's sort of a passing of the GOAT torch so to speak (not that it instantly makes Jones the GOAT or anything by him beating Silva, but there's plenty of symbolism and all that). But Dana also wants to ride the $ Silva is bringing in now without losing any of the "greatest of all time" luster. So he wants Jones/Silva to happen, but only as an exit for Silva.

This. If Silva wanted Jones, the fight would have been booked. Jones said long before Silva signed to fight Weidman that he was willing to go at Silva.

1. Dana wouldn't say who Anderson wanted right after Jones beat Chael because if Anderson wanted GSP, he'd look like a big pussy right after seeing Jones handle Chael.

2. Dana said during the post 160 scrum he talked to GSP, and it sounded like the topic of GSP vs. Anderson came up which resulted in GSP's response saying it won't happen because he's certain Weidman would beat Anderson. Someone in the media should have followed up with what does GSP do if Anderson beats Weidman.

3. If Anderson wanted Jones, there wouldn't even be a question of does GSP want Anderson or Hendricks next because if GSP wanted Anderson next, he'd be on the shelf until Jones vs Anderson took place.

If he beat the LHW champ what would be the appeal in facing the WW champ? That's dumb...plus Jones has time to rebound and get back on top if he loses, where as GSP and Silva have been dominant for much longer. Jones first makes no sense if any of us ever want to see GSP vs Silva.

Do you honestly think that if Anderson beats Jones, no one will want to see him fight GSP? That's ridiculous. Anderson is the key here. Without question you take Jones out first. It's the tougher fight and Anderson's clock is ticking.

If Anderson wants big fights what is stopping him? Both GSP and Bones have to fight him if he makes weight. Silva said he can make 170 and he has fought at 205 three times. If he really wants to give the fans what they want what's the holdup?

If Anderson wants big fights what is stopping him? Both GSP and Bones have to fight him if he makes weight. Silva said he can make 170 and he has fought at 205 three times. If he really wants to give the fans what they want what's the holdup?

What's the holdup? Well, at the moment he's kind of preparing to defend his title.

So I guess now GSP fans are going to say he's ducking GSP because he won't move down to welterweight, a weight class he hasn't fought in in over five years.

This. If Silva wanted Jones, the fight would have been booked. Jones said long before Silva signed to fight Weidman that he was willing to go at Silva.

1) Where's the quotes and articles of Jones said he's ready and wants to sign off on the fight when Silva has mentioned wanting the fight multiple times now as of recent? In Jones' interview a little before the Sonnen fight he mentioned he's straight up not looking into fighting Silva right now, so......

2) From the UFC perspective, no it wouldn't be booked by now because Jones still had to fight Sonnen and has 2 possible Championship bouts in the making still while Silva has Weidman. They won't really be pushing a Silva/Jones fight until both have fought and beaten their current matches coming up.

GSP said he'd fight him at 170. If he wants to fight GSP "enough" he'll make it happen. Supposedly he's the one that is pushing for these superfights, it wasn't GSP. Same with Jones. Jones says he's open, if Silva wants him he knows where to find him.

Thank you for your clarification, I had no idea Silva could try and drop to 170 or go up to 205 to make those fights happen.

Gotta love people playing retarded on purpose.

I take it that you also do not want to see any of those fights happen? Cause all you do is bitch about it and say "what's holding Silva", when Anderson is trying to get the others to compromise to make it happen.

He said he was willing to do that at 170. Just because he wants to stay in his own fucking weight class is hardly a reason to be pissy about it.

GSP can do what he wants, he's still awesome. I dont blame him. Its a shame though that he is allowing 7 pounds to be an issue with him. Oh well.

scheduling at this point

He doesn't want to get smashed by Bones, so probably GSP.

I take it that you also do not want to see any of those fights happen? Cause all you do is bitch about it and say "what's holding Silva", when Anderson is trying to get the others to compromise to make it happen.

What you call bitching, most rational people see as a double standard.

I don't care who it will be, both of them are good. But first of all, it has to happen.

Back