Does Silva want Jones or GSP?

J10Abu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
During the UFC 159 post fight press conference Dana White said Silva wanted a super fight. I was suprised by the amount of people that thought he wanted Jones. I personally thought Silva wanted GSP after he saw Jones man handle Sonnen. Who do you think Silva wants to fight and why?

GSP obviously.

GSP has to happen first or it will never happen. Too bad GSP would rather cut off a leg than fight Silva. Silva would KO him in the first or second round.

They're probably never going to have GSP vs Silva or Jones vs Silva. It's part of being a fight promoter... you have to constantly hold that carrot over the fight fans' heads. Once they have the fight, the big money is gone and then what's left?

Silva would beat both of them.

I think he wants Jones first. I would take the tougher fight first. Not beat GSP and then have Jones win only one fight and be considered the greatest of the three.

GSP has to happen first or it will never happen. Too bad GSP would rather cut off a leg than fight Silva. Silva would KO him in the first or second round.

They're probably never going to have GSP vs Silva or Jones vs Silva. It's part of being a fight promoter... you have to constantly hold that carrot over the fight fans' heads. Once they have the fight, the big money is gone and then what's left?

Silva would beat both of them.

Lol, how can you believe that? Have you seen Jones vs Sonnen? That's the same guy who put andy on his ass at will.

Wouldn't make much sense for him to text Dana after a Jones fight to say he wants GSP, especially since we had already seen him in the crowd when GSP was fighting Condit, which GSP found disrespectful, and I believe this is why GSP is being disrespectful in return by saying that Anderson will get finished and no superfight will happen. Could it be possible that Anderson would rather fight Jones than Weidman for his legacy? A loss to Jones doesn't necessarily hurt his legacy but a loss to Weidman derails alot of his hype...

I think he wants Jones first. I would take the tougher fight first. Not beat GSP and then have Jones win only one fight and be considered the greatest of the three.

If he beat the LHW champ what would be the appeal in facing the WW champ? That's dumb...plus Jones has time to rebound and get back on top if he loses, where as GSP and Silva have been dominant for much longer. Jones first makes no sense if any of us ever want to see GSP vs Silva.

He very clearly wants GSP and not Jones.

Of course none of the Silva fan-boys who give GSP shit for "ducking" Anderson will mind that he's ducking the hell out of Bones.

GSP has to happen first if both are to happen. It's lower risk (although still high), higher profile and more money. Can't see why Andy would prefer Jones unless he really, really fancies his chances.

Silva ought to be concerned with fighters in his own weight division that pose a legitimate threat to his title reign.

I dont want to see vs GSP because i think is not fair. AS can make the weight to fight Jones, but cmon.. GSP will be brutalized by AS.

Hope he fights Bones, but he will not going to.

Lol, how can you believe that? Have you seen Jones vs Sonnen? That's the same guy who put andy on his ass at will.

You mean the guy who had highly elevated testosterone levels and didn't disclose to the commission like you're supposed to do? Did you not see the second fight?

No matter how you slice it, number of takedowns, strikes landed, rounds won, Chael is 0-2 against Silva. Sliva would get in Jones' head in my opinion and has the countering and timing to knock Jones' awkward ass tha phuck out.

Silva ought to be concerned with fighters in his own weight division that pose a legitimate threat to his title reign.

This.
In my opinion, it doesn't really matter to me what the outcome is of a superfight between weightclasses. And i also think it won't harm his legacy if he'd lose to GSP or Bones. He'd still be the goat (at this time).

I dont want to see vs GSP because i think is not fair. AS can make the weight to fight Jones, but cmon.. GSP will be brutalized by AS.

Hope he fights Bones, but he will not going to.

How is it unfair if they come in at the same weight? Make it at 178lbs for 5 rounds and no title and they come in at the same weight. Cutting 8 pounds less than normal cannot be that much of a disadvantage for GSP, in my opinion.

You mean the guy who had highly elevated testosterone levels and didn't disclose to the commission like you're supposed to do? Did you not see the second fight?

No matter how you slice it, number of takedowns, strikes landed, rounds won, Chael is 0-2 against Silva. Sliva would get in Jones' head in my opinion and has the countering and timing to knock Jones' awkward ass tha phuck out.

Jones would kill Silva. (No, i'm no Silva-hater, it's just basic logic)

Jones likely beats Silva pretty handily. His coaches will not let him bang with Silva, and smartly so. Jones can seriously damage guys on top, unlike Sonnen, Hendo, and Lutter. GSP could certainly take down Silva, but even on top would absorb a lot of damage. Silva could catch him in a scramble. Best case scenario for GSP would be a win kind of like King Mo beat Mousasi. King Mo was the one whose face looked beat up. It's a no win for him. He wins, people say he lays and prays.

No way in hell is Silva beating Jones.

How is it unfair if they come in at the same weight? Make it at 178lbs for 5 rounds and no title and they come in at the same weight. Cutting 8 pounds less than normal cannot be that much of a disadvantage for GSP, in my opinion.

Look the size of dat dude:

1018.jpg

andersonsilva_forrest-griffin.jpg

Back